Author Topic: Black screen bug on Sithicus Transition from Ebon Harbingers  (Read 495 times)

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Black screen bug on Sithicus Transition from Ebon Harbingers
« on: April 06, 2022, 03:38:56 PM »
Hi,

I just wanted to point this out in case it hasn't been reported. On the sithicus transition from where you first encounter the Ebon Harbingers (in the watery area), walking through the transition occassionaly results in a permanent black screen, and you do not pass through the transition.

zDark Shadowz

Re: Black screen bug on Sithicus Transition from Ebon Harbingers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 07:44:47 PM »
It uses a fade to black script meant for cinematics. I'd assume the script to remove it is tied to the teleport itself, so if you've interrupted it by continuously moving because (I believe without being able to look at it personally) the script uses an "ActionJumpTo" type command instead of just "JumpTo", then I'd say this is why its happening.

The result of the teleport being added to the end of the action queue instead of the front means you can end up cancelling it if you're in combat, casting spells or performing any kind of action that offers a chance of being able to clear the queue before all actions have resolved.

I suspect theres either a delay to return it out of black, or put into the OnEnter of the area you're supposed to be going to, or OnExit of the area you're leaving. How long does the blackness persist for?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 07:47:43 PM by zDark Shadowz »

McDuck

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 06:07:31 AM »
This has been a commen ocurence for months. Sithicus still glitches out for some. And the blackscrean he ment is you need to force logout, to get visual back.

Sinds its a delayed transition it happends to some. Moostly happends during the fight that the transition if you get hit by spell or what so ever bugs out and result into a blackscrean

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 10:30:56 AM »
It uses a fade to black script meant for cinematics. I'd assume the script to remove it is tied to the teleport itself, so if you've interrupted it by continuously moving because (I believe without being able to look at it personally) the script uses an "ActionJumpTo" type command instead of just "JumpTo", then I'd say this is why its happening.

The result of the teleport being added to the end of the action queue instead of the front means you can end up cancelling it if you're in combat, casting spells or performing any kind of action that offers a chance of being able to clear the queue before all actions have resolved.

I suspect theres either a delay to return it out of black, or put into the OnEnter of the area you're supposed to be going to, or OnExit of the area you're leaving. How long does the blackness persist for?

When this happens, the duration of the black screen is permanent (until logout).