Author Topic: Cleric_turn undead ability disappears every other rest cycle  (Read 569 times)

Duskherald

• New to the Mists
Cleric_turn undead ability disappears every other rest cycle
« on: March 28, 2022, 05:25:08 AM »
Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange bug on my cleric Ja’afar Nekhbet. The bug is made up of two distinct but I believe connected issues:

Every other rest cycle the turn undead ability simply disappears from my character and all the divine feats associate with the use of such ability are effectively disabled.

Then when i rest again, Turn undead comes back, and with an out-of-scale number: it allows me 32 uses, which, even considering my moonfriend, is simply absurd. Out of curiosity I checked all 32 of them and it really works 32 times.

When I rest again, turn undead disappears once again and the cycle begins anew.

I started experiencing the problem last saturarday around 23.00 UTC and it has persisted ever since.

I play on an IPad, so not sure it is somehow related to the mobile nwn version.

Thank you for your help.

(I can provide screenshot, in case they are needed)

Duskherald

Addendum: on Discord somebody suggested I check I have my deity set up properly. I confirm it is, so it should not be related to that.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 05:37:28 AM by Duskherald »

Duskherald

• New to the Mists
Re: Cleric_turn undead ability disappears every other rest cycle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 03:37:15 AM »
Hi all,

Apologies for disturbing again: the problem with the turn undead ability of my cleric persists as per my post above.
I tried to relevel the character via the crystal to see if this resolved the situation, but to no avail.

Could somebody provide guidance on how to proceed? Should I just apply for a critical remake?

Thank you,

Duskherald

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 10:44:25 AM »
Was there any changes to your character recently? As in did you level up? Did you try to multiclass into another class?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Duskherald

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 11:12:23 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for getting back. The Chr was a cleric 5 / Hexblade 1 when the problem occurred.  I multiclassed on level 3 and had not experienced trouble until saturday at 23.00 UTC.

The appearance of the bug did not immediately follow a level up. Relevelling at the crystal afterwards did not solve the problem.

The problem first occured in the area at the top of Mt. Batarak but has persisted ever since at any location.

I just tried to troubleshoot with DM Strigoi: every other rest cycle the turn undead ability disappears and then comes back with 32 uses.

I tried to remove my moonfriend ring and then rest to see if it affect the issue, but the result is the same: one rest turn undead ability disappears, the next it comes back with 32 uses.

What does happen is: if I unequip moonfriend when I have the ability, the number of turn undead uses goes down to 26.

DM Strigoi suggested I reach out to dev.

Thanks a lot and apologies for the insistence.

Duskherald

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 11:18:55 AM »
It's alright, we're happy to help. We're looking into this but may take some time. In the meantime, I would suggest you get the character remade with the help of a DM.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.