Author Topic: A man in dark garb, writes in the shadows. Ichiro's Saga  (Read 1137 times)

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
A man in dark garb, writes in the shadows. Ichiro's Saga
« on: March 23, 2022, 01:23:27 AM »
A old paper journal opens, a small brush dipped in ink begins to write  ...

To those who would be able to read old Japanese this is what would follow

Mists, these are not the ones I have come to know in my time through the mist villages domain of my home. Cold, denser even. It seems to have spirited me away to some new land. Over a week now I have been here, the stillness of the nights is familiar. The shadows grow longer here, and darker. Though I was still new in the ways of the Shinobi of my homeland, I was traveling to learn and train. I suppose this land, or my home land doesn't really make much difference. The land here is harsh, but through harsh training leads a strong will. My fathers clan, generations trained in the way of the shinobi, and different jutsu, I have yet to discover mine... I am young and much to learn.. but I am dedicated in my studies and know I will make our bloodline proud one day. For now, I will continue to hone my craft, studying the arts. I wish I still had my sensei to guide me. I am not compliantly lost though, he did teach me the outline of our ways, I will do my best to follow them, and hopefully find a strong sensei to lead me here.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:06:37 PM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
Re: A man in dark garb, writes in the shadows. Ichiros Saga
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 01:52:32 PM »
A writing brush is dipped in ink, the kanji and hiragana continues

Some days ago, a new friend has given me two gifts. A matching pair of short swords he called, "Shadow Strikes". Gripped in my palm, I feel a strange sensation radiating from the blades... They seem to aid me in my training to hide and move silently, core aspects of the shinobi.. but there is something more here... After spending some time examining the blades and speaking with wise companions, I have learned they have been infused with something from out of this plane of material. Perhaps some strong ninjutsu of its past owner has left its mark on the blades. I dare not hold them for too long, lest things start to distort. But I feel this is a step in an interesting direction. In my times here I have fought the "Shadows" as one called them in the Sullen woods. These woods... something about them resembles the domain of my home village. The sun, dares not peek through the canopy.. the shadows long and dark.. I wouldnt say it is a comfortable feeling though.

Perhaps these shadows and these "shadow strikes" are of the same origin. They possess a strong mystical power... I am intrigued by them greatly. I will dedicate a lot more of my time off the physical training  to learning about this power, this ... strong ninjutsu. I spend a few days in the Sullen woods so far, probing and  testing the "shadows" watching them in their natural or prehaps... unnatural habitat, as they wonder around... bumping off things, touching the walls and floors of the dark forest. If I hide my presence, I can walk right up and nearly touch them, gazing into their murky abys of a form. I feel the same radiation of energy from the blades as I do from their bodies... My assumption was not wrong. There is a strong power here to be gained... I just need to find the path to connect the dots it seems. My studies will continue.   

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 05:08:55 PM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 02:19:52 PM »
The book opens, and wiring continues

Some time ago I have made a friend... a strong master of the ninjutsu and genjutsu, or as he called it an "Illusionist". After spending some battles together I shared with him my desire to learn of the shadows and their abilities. To my surprise he shared his affinity for the shadows as well! We have now spend several long talks discussing our interest and studies of the shadows. It seems we both wish to harness their power and abilities, though be it in different ways. Our long talks have been very enlightening. In fact I often find my self having to spend a lot of time after our talks just straighten out my notes and thoughts on all that he has shared with me. Today we spoke of the shadow dragon, ebon tigers and the like. I eagerly await the day he will take me with him to observe them in person. Perhaps he is not directly leading me in the path I have chosen, to move among the shadows, but all his wealth of knowledge has certainty granted me much in the way of understanding of them.

I have started spending more of my time now living in the sullen woods. The absent of daylight is reminiscent of woods that hide my village... it feels oh so far away now. None the less I try to keep myself deep in my studies.  When I am not training my physical abilities, I am observing the shadows, even attempting to communicate with them. I have started trying to lure them around a little. They have very smart minds.. they seem to notice anything out of place in the forest and rush to investigate. I can lead them around a little if I am very careful, luring them with small items, they run to observe. It is dangerous but necessary. They seem almost in a transs as they nearly float along... rhythmicly moving at times as they flow here and there in the breeze of the forest. Something more to look into.

Perhaps I am pushing my self far to quickly.. my mind is a fog. I can hardly concentrate. I feel my inner calm is far lost.. my chakra depleted. If I am to learn anything more I must center my self... I spend some time in the forest today, to absorb the tranquility of the nature. I found my self near a tree, and disguised my presence. When one truly becomes part of the forest background you can join in the inner peace it brings. The call of the birds, watching the insects travel along the ground, the cool breeze, all of it refreshing. It reminds me of my young youth. Sitting on the back porch of my fathers home pressed against the forest wall. I remember spending time there in the spring, watching the blossoming things and drawing with the ink I had stolen from his study. Drawing.. prehaps that will help relax my nerves and calm my center. I always had a love for the brush and ink, if not in written word. The fantastical artwork that lined my child hood home. Upon the sogi doors, and walls of the paper dividers, in brilliant array of colors. I will draw today, this I am certain.   

On the adjacent page, and ink drawing in color appears

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 07:21:24 PM »
Ink dries upon the newly added notes of Ichiros diary
[/size]

My experienced ally, the shadow Illusionist continues to teach and show me outstanding feats, that deepen my commitment to unlocking the skills and abilities of these shadows. Witnessing them mend and meld... in and out of the sullen woods shadows, what ability! Is it too much of me to desire to share their ways. All in due time. The shadow illusionist has unlocked new powers in his shadow affinity. On our last outing, he shows me his summoned creature from the shadow plane, as well as strong justus such as an overwhelming stink cloud, he claimed the shadows plane granted him such powers and I am inclined to believe him.

To witness such power and to study the shadows takes up the majority of my time, but it seems my drawings to calm my mind have cought someone's eye. I have been encouraged to draw more... a kind compliment. Truth be told, gathering coin to supply my growing need of equipment has been difficult. I wonder if I can earn some food money with my artwork? It does wonders on my weighted mind. It is worth a shot. To change pages, I have started studying the essence of the shadows, this shadow residue or dust. I feel the more I can learn from their particles the more I can learn. Handling the powder, gives off a strange sense of distortion, the same effect my "shadow strikes" make me feel. I am sure they both have a strong connection to the shadow realm. But how to join my own "shadow" to this realm I wonder... Still so much to learn.

Besides the residue,  I am continuing my interactions with the shadows. Getting closer, and more deliberate with them. I often find my self surrounded by  two or three of them at once. I dare not say I have been anywhere near accepted, for I feel they hardly recognize my presence, but I am feeling more connected to them.. To the naked eye one might say they are all the same, indistinguishable, But to me.. I wouldn't make the leap to say each on is unique, but I do feel they are varying. One or two seem to be more interested in the forest life. Others more interested in other shadows, their companions, never straying too far from one another. I wonder what their connection is? Are they connected? do they share a past? Decades of wondering the forest together.. their material bodies destroyed by adventures only to slowly reassemble over time and to seek each other out again as if they missed each others existents...

[/size][/i]
I dare say I am starting to feel compassion for them... If I could enter the shadows as they could, If I could communicate with them, what stories would they have to share? What words of emotion could they say I wonder... I try not to linger on these questions too much lest I enter a depressed mood imagining them silently suffering for all eternity.. More artwork to calm my mind, Yes.. I need to let them rest and tend to my own inner heart for the rest of the day.

A beautifully colored ink drawing takes up the entire next page, obviously taken great time to complete   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:48:08 PM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
Re: A man in dark garb, writes in the shadows. Ichiro's Saga
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 12:53:34 AM »
Ichiro's diary opens, and the ink continues

My studies continue, but I often find my self attempting to learn from a distance. Is this the only way I an hope to grow closer to the shadows?  If only I could communicate with them! Or get them to share what they know, locked away in their dark fuzzy forms. No ears to speak of, and currently no mouths to speak.... I have noticed they flow, here and there. Their arms in the winds.. Prehaps movement is how they communicate. When one of their own is hurt they all come to help him, they must communicate some how. I have learned by using certain movements one can cast ninjutus. Be it hand seals of my home land, or here with their "finger wiggling" as one person put it. Movement is a key part of being able to cast abilities, but what movement do the shadows do to cast theirs? And how can I hope to do the same..  When threatened, the shadows will wave their arms about, and their bodies move.. almost in a dance like rhythm and instantly the area is casted in a black shadows! And that is when they start their attack. Imagine being able to create this darkness on a whim! This "dance" of theirs, they use to bring about their abilities, I must study it more...

Today I spent some time speaking with people around the outskirts. I shared company with a woman who cought my attention. As I am trying to improve my artwork and share with others, I asked to draw her likeness. She seemed rather down heartened. I would refrain from detailing her worries, but I hope my company was able to sooth her pain if only a little. As we talked, I sketched her likeness into an artwork, using my inks and colored inks. A dear friend of mine commented on it and was rather impressed. I appreciate this friends company greatly. We have spend much time together talking and these times have helped calm my mind as well.  In any case, I hope this stranger likes the drawing.

On the next full page, a colored ink drawing of a small women in all while, her eyes black and a melancholy disposition radiated from her

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 12:56:10 AM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
The writing characters continue, as another page is added

I have spent many days now, out on my own. Honing my stealth skills and making enough coin to feed my self and buy the equipment I so desperately need. My experience grows, but I'm still lacking when it comes to the secrets the shadows keep. But this does not discourage me. Something that I have been taught at a young age was patience is a virtue. To become a powerful master takes life's time of training. So I am determined to keep learning, to keep seeking what I desire. The studies of the shadow illusionists and other powerful casters and masters has taken me a good step foreword. Learning things I never thought could be, only in the tails and folklore. It seems even the wildest of tails have some tangible beginning. All the more fascinating!

Something most interesting has happened to me. A stranger approached me while I was reading over my notes. At first they challenged me to a riddle, I found it to be very interesting. After answering they then shared with me a prize of some useful tools. I felt as though this being was testing me, my mind and my skills. As we spoke they shared the true prize was knowledge. Not just any kind, but in the field I am so eagerly studying! They reveiled to me their abilities, and power and I was in awe. If only I had known such ability could he harnessed so directly! Needless to say I was very excited and humbled. They offered to share with me their knowledge but warned it would be a painful and hard path to learn from, and asked me to consider it carefully. I know that to gain such power will take an enormous effort. The struggle will be unlike anything I have faced in my training so far... but I am unwavering. If I am to learn the true ways of the shadows, and become one with them, I will do what it takes to become a master at my craft. This I am certain.

I ran into a dear friend on my travels recently. We meet when I was still new to this land and has been a constant source of comfort and support. It makes me happy to see her training really paying off in leaps and bounds. I hardly recognized the warrior before me  once we entered battle together again. It was like watching an artist paint with a red brush upon a canvas of white, extraordinary. I am inspired to become just as powerful in my own craft to be worth to fight side by side as we have before. It seems my artworks is starting to get noticed around by a few people.. For better or worse I suppose. For the second time now she has reminded me to make a drawing of her. I will admit I was worried to draw infront of her, lest she not be pleased with the outcome. Instead I have decided to do a drawing here and now from memory. If there are no more entries in this book, you will have learned she was not pleased with it. 

On the next page, lays a ink sketch of a female swordsmen. Her hair a greyish color pulled back in a ponytail, her eyes with a faint shimmer of gold, and her ears slightly pointed. In her hand was a large formidable blade.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 10:40:28 AM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 04:39:05 PM »

Fresh ink adds to and empty page in Ichiro's journal

As my days training, studying and creating art continue I had made more acquaintances. Last night I met a women who spoke my tongue from home, I was quite happy to hear it once more. She introduced herself as "Lazula". She seems to have a great conflict with in.. or I should say a conflict due to lack of something with in. Over the little time we talked I felt she was a very strong master of the jutsus but seems to be under great duress. I also learned she was quite close to my new sensei, the very women who shows me the powers she learned from the shadows. The very same I wish to harness. I guess it is not surprising I ran into my sensei the very next morning just outside the temple. I was eager to convey my conviction to learn from her, and absorb all that she is willing to share.

She has given me my first assignment and it comes in two parts. I am very excited to tackle them. The first being, finding my own "dance" Or movement. As I suspected the way the shadows flow could be of inspiration to me. This dance had to be one I felt connected to, moving out of emotion or feeling. So I have decided to head into the sullen woods and attempt to channel my chakra as I observe them in creation of my dance. After some time I started to feel a flowing with in me. A slow, smooth flow like a calm spring. Like the brush strokes of my art work. While forming hand seals in each palm to focus my chakra and mental, I started my dance as if painting a large painting of the woods and its shadowy dwellers, moving my arms and body in slow smooth sways, with my eyes closed in concentration the artwork became clear in my minds eye and It felt a strong sense of connection to the woods, and its constantly shadowed forest floor, where my feet slid effortlessly... This will be my dance.

The latter of my assignment... is by far more dangerous. My senei mentioned a orb to me, deep within the Raduta castle crypts. I had only a single opportunity to study the orb early in my adventures of this land. But clearly there is more to be observed. I have been instructed to reach the orb room, study it, and to begin my dance in front of it. My sensei has shared with me, this orb has great power, to enhance and share emotion with other beings, and it is my task to tap into this ability, using my dance to absorb the flow it casts out. This will be a challenge on its own, but firstly I will need to remove the inhabitance of the room before I can even start. Often there are a large group of shadows or shadow demons crammed and sealed away with in that room that will need to be removed.

I was told I can bring someone I trust to help me in that aspect, and then once it is safe to start my connection with the orb. In my time here I have only grown close and true a small number of people, and sadly I have not seen them in some time. I will need to find my assistance for this task before I can continue.. I must put a team together. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:40:48 PM by itsriggs »

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 07:32:18 PM »

Ichiro's journal opens, his usual ink writing is more shaky, several drops of blood have dripped onto the thick paper pages. . .

A painful day it has been . . . I joined a large group of people wishing to test their abilities in the lower crypts. At first it was going well. But soon, the constant horde of undead where over running us. The constant ambushes where tedious. At times I had to use every drop of my stealth ability and strength just to survive and help the others. One one occasion most of the group had fallen and the rest retreated. I ducked into a shadow and was able to sneak around the battlefield. I tried my best to tend to the dying and wounded on the floor. I lured most of the undead away from them so I could give them aid. After time time the others returned an we where able to press on but it was truly agonizing, attempting to keep my self hidden, riddled with arrows and slices from blades all over my body. My medical training payed off, as I cared to everyone's wounds and lastly my own nearly every time we had to rest. And it only got harder and harder.

Nienna... Ever strong and capable as ever. Once again I owe her my life. If not for her skills in the blade and discipline in combat we never would have survived. I can still recall in my fresh memory the sight of her holding the passageways nearly alone, her seemingly fragile figure holding back a title wave of undead knights, and numerous undead lords at once. Her sword swinging with a great ferocity. And not to detract from the others of our group as well, each one gave their all in the field. Nearly ragged and cut to ribbons, the wounded leaning on each other to find the strength to rack another bow or bolt into their crossbows. Each one of them gave me the determination to continue. But there is something else. It never should have been so close. It seems I am no where near the strength I need to be and it is frustrating me greatly. I need to desperately to obtain new abilities. I must grow my power if I am ever to succeed.

After resting from my ordeal I set out at once to find this shadow orb and learn from it. As I entered the crypt I felt a strange sense with in me... almost luring like twords the back of the crypt. I moved down the halls, the groaning and gnawing of the dead who still resided echoing through the stone halls and in the darkness. The stentch and dust burned my hose as I moved on. I had to put on my face mask just to breathe in the dark damp air of the crypt... As I descended the stars I was greeted by a horrible sight.. a large pile of bodies, fresh ones, not like the ones centuries old that where once burried here. I can only assume they where after the orb as well prehaps. I pray I will be more successful then those poor people. . .

Inside, I was greeted by a large group of shadows like the ones from the Sullen woods. It seems this room is often occupied by much greater threats and prehaps I was lucky. Needless to say I was more focused on completing the task my sensei has given me, and with making my connection with the large shadowy orb that hovered over a rune making on the floor. I spend some time there in the room, I sat on the floor and closed my eyes. A chakra hand seal formed in my hands I focused my self. Breathing in and out, allowing my heart and mind to drift about the room. The orb its self radiating a cold creeping air from its self slowly swirled around me. My mind, and body soon found its self into a trance... I can not tell you truthfully how long I sat there in that room, silently, the stone walls removing me and the orb far from anything else on this earth to just us. When I finally awakend I felt its draw... its pull upon my center to its self. This is when I felt the urge to show this orb.. this... being my dance. . .

A dance of brush and ink, as if painting a painting of a shadowy vail enveloping everything inside my heart... Hand seals in each hand and I stoke my dance, my chakra flowing through every vain in my body coursing with every heartbeat I could hear like poundings drums in my ears. The imagine of the vail of darkness casting a darkness over my memories of home... my father in his older age, my eldest brother, a shadow casted over his greave stone elongated far into the surrounded woods of his gravesite.. my childhood home in the pitch black of night, all of theses memories becoming imagines in my mind overlapping each other into a eschewed artwork of my emotions. My pain at the death of my brother, slaughtered in the last war by a neighboring shinobi clan. My father gravely wounded in the war before that. My loving mother, whos face I still remember with a bitter sweet smile as I turned to say goodbye for the final time. My childhood home I had so much love for.. pained and struggled with parting it for ever as I left in search of my training only to learn I will never return. My heart, my heart, it hurts. Like the weight of a thousand stones upon me. My emotions finally pulled from my center casted into the orb, happily accepted by the orb I could almost see it feeding off them my body felt light as I dances, as I painted, as I shared my sorrows with the orb.

On the next page, I larger paper has been added and folded in 3 parts, as it is unfolded it reveal's a large panoramic painting of Ichiro's memories he shared with the orb

Strangely. . . after completing my dance,  my emotions at threads, I do not feel as if I have lost something. To the latter I feel I have shared my deepest memories and emotions with this being.. It has accepted them with open arms. I find my self staring into the murky abyss of the orb. My own face piece reflecting back at me. It has casted a mirror upon my self. Upon my center of being reveled so openly to my self. I needed some time to calm my self down, and sort my feelings out. I feel as if I had spent an eternity, and only a brief moment here with the orb both at once. Never the less I feel I can return to my sensei successful in my task to connect with the orb. I feel deep with in me I am on the right path now, there is no drought.

itsriggs

• New to the Mists
  • I just wana RP, man.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 02:04:59 AM »
Ichiros journal opens, his saga continues

The last few days have been dull... the only thing of note I am happy to share is that I have greeted my master once again. I was eager to share with her my experiences with the orb, and to seek her guidance yet again. After a short greeting, she lead me away on my next task. I was proud to inform her I had succeeded on my first task and was interested what the next step in my training would be. I was unsure of what layed ahead as we walked along the lake shore, but I was determined to do my best. Along the walk she made conversation about my ability to see and search for hidden things. This no drought was a hint of what layed ahead for me. Once again my sensei proved her generosity by giving me a gift, an amulet she called the magnifier. I was to use it in my next test. Before long we approached the wolf cave, that leads into the deep damp underwater cave system where the old pirate ship was lodged.

She explained to me my task, It was a test of my skill. I was instructed to sneak into the cave, make my way past the wolves, werewolves... and the pirates. I was to enter the pirate ship, make my way to the captains lodge undetected and take something to prove I had been there without detection. To me, this was the core mission of a shinobi of my home land. It was exactly the kind of test I have faced and would have faced in my home training. I was eager to prove my worth to my sensei after all she has tought me, I didnt want it to be in vain. After that, I was to search for a hidden passage out of the cave system. I had no idea such a path existed, but she assured me she would be waiting on the other side of the secret passage. This really intrigued me. I was looking forword to finding this passage and making note of it to my memory for future adventures there. Without delay I set forth in my task.

As I made my way silently through the cave, I payed more then usual care to avoid puddles or staying too close to the beasts. I was aware of their keen sense of smell and I did not want to fail my master by being detected... perhaps more so I was not looking forward to becoming the next lunch of the beasts.. Needless to say I carried on. Past the wolves,  through some old stone doors, as sleeping pack of shifters slept. I gave them a wide berth as I slipped down into the underground cave system. The damp air entered my lungs, as well as a thick woft of damp fur and mustiness of the cave. Here, I took a moment to collect my self. I had travel the caves a few times and committed to the best of my memory the layout of the system.  I crept through the dark cave making my way to the pirates cursed ship. Surrounded by its sailors, I made my way past them and slipped into the galley.

There, I prayed the captain would be asleep in his bedroom, and as luck would have it, he was! I snuck into his unlocked officer, and silently shut the door behind me. What layed ahead was a large wealth of their stolen bounty. Piles of coin falling over on its self, treasure chests loaded to the brim with items. I gave my self a few seconds to catch my breath before tucking away something from their loot. As I opened the door to leave, I noticed a few of the sleeping pirates has awaken and where standing about in the far room. For a second I worried I was caught. Had they caught my sent? I waited for a moment that felt like an eternity but they didnt move, perhaps idely chattering to them selves. I didnt not wish to longer in the den of the beast an longer, so I slipped past them in the shadows and exited the ship.

As I left, I made for the nearest tunnel to search for this hidden door. I spend some time feeling along the damp walls and rocks of the cave with my hands, my eyes strained in the darkness. At times I clutched my the gift my master gave me, trusting in it to aid my in my task. Along an eastern wall I felt a grove that didnt not match the stone around it. My heart jumped at the thought of finding my prize. My fingers quickly scanning all around the area to find more of the strange stone and yes! It was the hidden door I sneaked! I opened it just enough to slip my body inside and quickly closed it behind me. What layed ahead was a small stone path, above the under water river. The room was long and narrow, and at the far end a torch lit up. I crept along the path, careful to remain hidden, lest I did not want my hard earned undetected experience to be lost. At the end of the stone bridge was a stone brick staircase. I slowly ascended and  was greeted by yet another room.

This room... was off putting. It was for lack of better words, a prison. Cells, chains everywhere blood stains on the old stone brick. I did not wish to linger in the room longer then needed... and part of my was questioning why It was even there in the back of my mind. After some time I noticed another hidden door, the stone outlining it was slightly escue. I quickly made my exit from that horrible prison into a wine cellar. This room was more "normal" of a basement. Barrels lined the wall, and dust hung in the air. I made for the ladder in the center of the room and to my surprise I was in the fishing lodge, and naturally, my master was seated at a table to great me, sipping on a drink. I was relieved to be out of the caves and even more so, It seems I have once again passed my task and gained the approval of my sensei. I joined her at the table and we talked for a moment, my nerves calmed as I relaxed.

As a change of pace, some days ago, Nienna approached me about her painting her formally. I was happy she remembered, and liked my previous sketch of her.  I quickly gathered my art supplies and we walked off in conversation to the far side of the lake of the vistani camp. There, by the little fishing hut, we chatted well into the night, as I attempted yet again to capture her beauty, this time in full artwork and not as a sketch from memory. One thing that stuck to me was she encouraged me to seek a peaceful life. I had been very focused in my path to be a master my self and I fear I made her worry... I will try not to cause her greed in the future... Never the less, I painted away.. inspired by her form. She made a gallant pose indeed. After the painting was complete we shared a small moment as we talked about our dream and wondered our gaze into the stars. It was a memory I never wish to forget.. anyway Im glad she has askerd for a copy of the painting for her self to keep, I felt proud it was worthy enough to be kept dear to her.

Below is a stunning in color painting of Nienna tucked into the page, a slight skinned elf, with golden flaked eyes, and long flowing light hair. In her hands, a large greatsword seemingly welded with ease, but a strange sense of an unsavory aura emanated from her form