Public (OOC) > Tech discussion

Took a few month break, can't login now.

(1/1)

NickNickNickX:
Been a few months since I played...Decided to make a comeback but after downloading the server files, it's not letting me connect. Can't figure out how to attach a screenshot on here but this is what it says:

Attempting to find server.
Direct connect and UDP hole punch failed.
Requesting relay token.
Relay access was denied.
Relay said:No relay available to serve you.
Connection to server has failed.

Anyone know how to fix this? Would love to get back into this. I've tried restarting the game a couple timed but get the same thing.

NickNickNickX:
Now, I got passed the connecting part but it hangs at the character select screen. No characters are shown, can't press any button then shortly after it disconnects. I saw someone else had the same issue in another post below. Also noticed he is on console, like me. I wonder if this is a console only issue?

Has anyone figured out why this is happening? Wouldn't be able to try any of the suggestions from the other post because it sounds like PC stuff (VPN, port forwarding etc).

Day Old Bread:
Best guess I can give you is that it's a routing issue. This is why I used to run a VPN occasionally. It gives you a more direct route to the server.

Basically this boils down to an issue with the ISP.  I don't know if some ISP's just don't like the destination of the server or what.  That's always been my solution though is to go through a VPN and select a location near Germany or Denmark or wherever the server is located.

Since you're playing on an XBox, I think your best bet might be to do the old router reset where you just unplug it and plug it back in.

NickNickNickX:
Appreciate the advice. The only thing I'm doing different than before is I no longer have the modem connected directly to my Xbox. Tomorrow I'm gonna try moving the modem back upstairs and main lining again.

Thorne:
Had the same problem, though only from one location, and switching to a VPN seems to have solved it.

Not the first time this server has had better technical support than the official sources.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version