Author Topic: Buffed Turn Undead Count Glitching After Logging & Relogging  (Read 450 times)

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
Buffed Turn Undead Count Glitching After Logging & Relogging
« on: February 27, 2022, 01:42:47 PM »
What:
The counter tracking uses of Turn Undead either resets to its maximum value or a value higher than its maximum value after logging back in after crashing or simply logging out.

In the screenshot below, my character’s buffs and toolbar are shown as they appear approximately three minutes after logging out and immediately relogging to head off a lag-related crash. When I logged in, my Turn Undead counter noted that I had 17 uses of the feat available. (The counter in the screenshot shows 16 because I had just activated a use prior to taking this screenshot; notice the icons for the health and speed buffs near the character portrait.)

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show

Importantly, my character had already used two uses of Turn Undead feats prior to logging off. Moreover, with the configuration of buffs he had active at the time, it was statistically impossible for him to achieve 17 available uses of Turn Undead, even if he hadn’t used any previously. The absolute maximum that would have been available is 16.

The wiki entry for Turn Undead states, “This ability may be activated three times per day, plus the character's charisma modifier.” The feat Extra Turning adds another six uses to this limit.

Something clearly isn’t being counted correctly here.

If it helps in figuring this out, my character had an Extra Turning capability at the time this bug occurred.

When:
Logging back in to head off a personal crash (related to device issues rather than server issues).

Where:
Mount Baratak, although it’s occurred in several other locations.

Recreate:
Increase the CHA of a character with Turn Undead. Log out said character or force the game to close using the Task Manager. Log back in.

Ideas:
N/A

Other Notes:
I previously reported a similar variant of this bug here: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=58731.msg691630#msg691630. However, I'm not certain it was ever resolved, and I’ve never seen the Turn Undead count reset to a value that’s impossible to achieve.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
Re: Buffed Turn Undead Count Glitching After Logging & Relogging
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 04:12:50 PM »
Bumping this. The glitch happened again last night, except the Turn Undead counter was increased to 19 after logging back in: another statistically impossible quantity given the buffs that were active at the time.