Public (OOC) > Setting and Lore Discussion

Is Divine champion of Loa possible ? (answered -- No)

<< < (2/3) > >>

EO:
Can’t be a divine champion of the Loa. As mentioned they’re not deities and they don’t have favorite weapons.

bestbardna:

--- Quote from: EO on February 20, 2022, 09:31:50 AM ---Can’t be a divine champion of the Loa. As mentioned they’re not deities and they don’t have favorite weapons.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, the Morninglord and Zakhata aren't deities either. All that seems to matter is the belief the devotee holds. You could be a Divine Champion of the Almighty Shablagoo, god of chicanery and flabbergastedness, with the favoured weapon of a trout in Ravenloft, as the Dark Powers step in to supplement or replace any power that the adherent needs to draw upon. There are also Divine Champions of dead/inactive powers as well.

EO:
That’s not how this works and our rules cover that.

Merry Munchkin:
As a quick question, I assume that this answer applies to all other classes that must worship a deity as well?  So no clerics, paladins, or favored souls that worship a loa, right?  I couldn't find anything explicit on this in the forum except for this thread.  Also, I would assume this applies to Athas spirits as well?

herkles:

--- Quote from: Merry Munchkin on April 21, 2022, 09:14:12 AM ---As a quick question, I assume that this answer applies to all other classes that must worship a deity as well?  So no clerics, paladins, or favored souls that worship a loa, right?  I couldn't find anything explicit on this in the forum except for this thread.  Also, I would assume this applies to Athas spirits as well?

--- End quote ---
Clerics of the Loa are possible. Souragnian Paladins who worship the loa is possible, but then again in Ravenloft one doesn't need to worship something to be a paladin. Favored souls are not possible, as in order to have a favored soul you have to select the deity's favored weapon, but the Loa do not have that.

Hope that helps :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version