Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

Post your character bio here

<< < (2/55) > >>

Gretch the Wretch:
Son of a black marketer, Agun Soric became familiar with the illegitimate side of business at a very young age. His father, Elim Soric, was a charismatic man and something of a legacy, as he belonged to a well-known guild of bootleggers in the vast underworld of illegal commerce. When he was 17, Soric's father was killed in an "unfortunate accident", where the young Soric was told a crossbow had accidentally fired off during a dispute over exports with trade partners. These trade partners were known business rivals of his father, and forcibly took over the dead man's share of the market shortly after this- making it clear that the death of Elim Soric was no "accident" at all- but such were the ways that shady businesses operated and expanded themselves. Cheated of his rightful inheritance to the family business by the murder of his father, Soric contemplated to avenge the death. During the night before Soric was about to perform the deed, he overheard that Elim Soric, had been in fact, set-up and murdered by his own fellow guildsmen, along with his trade partners, out of envy for his rising success in exotic weaponry smuggling operations. Agun Soric, distressed by the shock of this news, could no longer bring himself to carry out the murders of his father's killers and feared for his own life. Soon enough, the guild stalked every alley and street in search of the old man's son, declaring a generous bounty on his head. Reluctant to share his father's ill fate, Agun Soric fled the city with the help of a lifelong friend of Elim's, a smuggler and shipmaster named Duston Rams, where he was sailed to the notorious city of Calimport in the cargo hold of a ship belly.

If there was one thing Soric had not been robbed of inheriting from his father, it was his unquenchable lust for gold. Along with this during the days of his youth, it was Soric's quick mind and physical ability that got him into a local company of mercenaries, called "Straight Silver & Services".
 Using a two-bladed sword - a crude wooden stave with blades fastened to each end, the type of exotic weaponry his father used to deal in- he recklessly dared to do almost anything for the prospect of coin. Soric lived on this way and survived on a sell-sword's wages and occassional gambling bets for most of his adult life. Still bitter about his past and deeply regretful about the loss of his inheritance, Soric developed a steady drinking habit.  Soon, after many public drunken acts and tavern fights, the mercenary company felt that Soric was disgracing their name to clients, and discharged him from their company- despite Soric's violent protests that he could "fight even better when I'm drunk!".

After losing his job as a mercenary, Agun Soric gambled away all of his earnings in blind misery. His debts owed to dice games and hookjack soon began to stack to great heights and it was only a matter of time before he owed a small fortune to every loan shark in Calimport. Soric became a desperate man, unable to find large amounts of coin needed to repay his debts through any other way than his gambling. He would irrationally make large bets and win it all in one night, only to have greed take hold of his conscience and lose everything during the next. But it was never enough to survive on luck alone, and his bad debts eventually caught up to him. Fat Roj, a sadistic and powerful gang lord, the most dangerous of Soric's debt holders - finally caught up with the rogue ex-mercenary. After being evaded for nearly two years, Fat Roj was furious and slashed a dagger across Soric's left-eye when the debt of twenty-three thousand could not be repaid. Soric was given a week's time to repay the boss, or his life would be taken as payment instead. Soric took this borrowed time to escape and flee the city of Calimport and took refuge in the desolate slum town of Rottport- a place known only not for its poverty, but its rumored curse of witchcraft and black sorcery, for at every full autumn moon, a thick cloud of mists haunted and surrounded its area. Less than two weeks later, it was here that Soric was found by Fat Roj and his lackeys.

Taken to an abandoned harbor to be tortured and executed that night, the legendary "cursed mists" of Rottport swept over Soric, Fat Roj, and his lackeys.. several witnesses and local townsfolk of Rottport still speak of this like a ghost story, as the men were never seen or heard from again..

MalleasNuin:
Malleas Nûin
Elf, Aerenal

Malleas Nûin was on a secret mission from the Undying Court in Aerenal as some strange, fog took him by surprise.

Malleas, whose familiy was a member of the Undying Court, is not afraid of death. More so is death to all Aerenal Elves a further step in the Path of Ascension. To become a powerful

undead spirit worthy to be whorshipped and to bath himself in the positive energy of the plane of Irian.

Armed with his bow and his strong believes, he sets out in discovering a way to leave this place of death. But in so doing he cant just leave without proof about its existence and

some lore as to the necromantic powers which lies within its misty borders. His curiosity must be satisfied. Until then, he dares not to leave this plane of dread.

Kaithos:
“Land Ho!” The gruff but feminine sailor’s voice boomed just as she extended her telescopic lens to catch sight of Waterdeep. The sailor in the crow’s nest bellowed out a few more commands to her subordinate crewmen down below on the decks.

“Throw that pesky son of shark smoocher over the side lads!” The sailor laughed. “Lets see if he can swim a few hundred meters in chains! Let’s watch the great Osprey fly!” With that they threw the young man overboard. Being bound by chains, the man quickly sank to the bottom. All of the crew members of the pirate ship named “The Bloody Sea Harlot” chuckled gleefully as they watched the remaining bubbles spew up from the water. “

“Well, that’s that boys. Turn about to port, and let’s be outta range of Waterdeep’s ballista. I have no feud with them folks as long as they keep outta me coffers.” With that the captain, Bloody Kirsten Wyrmseeker, ordered her ship back out to sea.

Moments passed, and there was no movement from the bound man beneath the waves. His limp form just bounced along with the currents making his loose fitting clothing mimic the same ebb and flow of the surrounding sea plants. Small air bubbles clung to the sides of his handsome face, and slowly freed themselves to rejoin the air of the surface. Even small fish and denizens of the sea began to swim or crawl towards the man looking for an easy meal. However, the man did not move. It was as if he was dead.

A few more minutes passed, but still the body floated along the bottom with serendipity. It bounced along towards the shore as the tides shifted into high. The moon would be full this night, for the tides were stronger than normal. The waves of the surf were still nearly fifty meters away, but the strength of the undertow was defiantly increasing as it pulled the body several meters toward the shore, and then one or two meters backwards. The body rolled to and fro according to the powers of Uberlee, the goddess of the sea. Then suddenly the body struck one of the many sandbars around the waters of Waterdeep. A flicker of time passed once more, fully three minutes after being plunged into the depths of the sea, when the body was dragged upon the top of the sandbar with only three meters of water separating the abandoned man from the precious air above. The then man sprang into action.

His eye flicked open. The other eye, covered by a patch, could not been seen under the dark cloth that covered it. He surveyed the area by looking upward towards the sunlight. He craned his neck backward to see if the pirate ship was still within his water-blurred sight. All he saw was the water displacement caused by the hull as it made its way back towards sea. With a crooked grin the man; known as Kai Osprey, Many Titles, used his tongue to reach a small pick that he had concealed in his mouth. Once free, he spit it into the water, and deftly caught it with his bound hands by spinning into a complete circle. With the flexibility of an acrobat, he bent backwards enough that his hands could reach his face, where he quickly flipped up his eye patch so that he could get a better view of the lock that secured the chains. With both eyes now in use, Kai Osprey began to work his magic. Within seconds the lock was picked, and the chains had dropped to the bottom of the sandbar with a clanking thud. Slowly he swam to the top of the water, and poked only his mouth above the surface to take a controlled and silent gasp of air. Then he waited. He waited until the ship was far enough away that he could safely make it to shore.

Once the ship was far enough away, Kai Osprey emerged from the water and made a dash towards the shore. It was a long frantic swim, but once at the shoreline he abruptly stopped and reached into one of his many secreted pockets and pulled out a small wooden banded ring. He slipped the ring onto his finger, and fumbled through the arcane gestures and phrases to activate the spell locked within. A tiny puff of smoke whiffed into the salty breeze along with a small beam of energy that rocketed towards the “The Blood Sea Harlot.” The beam of energy bounced off of the rigging, and into the main mast. It then scurried its way up into the crow’s nest to bounce into the protective railing that kept Captain Kirsten Wyrmseeker from bouncing out during rough seas. From out of the railing came a conjured mouth. It grinned at Captain Wyrmseeker, and said the following poem:

“Look back dearest lady

And see what was lost

Your loins will now freeze

Like an old iceberg frost

My sweet sea faring lover

Back on the shore girl

Is the man you tried to murder

Now off to find a brand new whirl

So when you ache for my touch

And know that you will surely swoon

Look back to the shore now lass

And see the great Kai Osprey moon!”

Captain Wyrmseeker quickly pulled out her telescopic lens, and looked back to the shore. Her teeth clinched in a fit of rage at the sight before her. There upon the beach, with his pantaloons down to his knees, stood Kai Osprey slapping his rump with his bare skin exposed. The white grin from his mouth said it all. Kai Osprey was alive and well, and in a jovial mood.

“Damn that Kai Osprey. I will have his head someday.” Captain Wyrmseeker smiled a bit to herself and then closed her telescopic lens once more. “Farewell Osprey. Until we meet again. When next we meet, I may skin that rump of yours and have it turned into a flag.” Captain Wyrmseeker sighed, and turned her focus back out to sea…

The ship was now out of sight, and the wooden banded ring had become a scorched piece of ash. Kai Osprey looked down at it and frowned. It had been a fun tool to use on his enemies… His many enemies, but alas all of it charges were now spent. Then a coy smile came across his face.

“I am in Waterdeep! Rumor has it that there is a fine massage parlor here. Hmmmm…. it may even help me to grieve my most recent loss in love.”  He gave a mock momentary frown. It lasted but a second. Then, with a smile on his face, and a spring in his step Kai Osprey walked into the great city of Waterdeep to begin a new adventure in a new town. He whistled all the way.

Several weeks later, while exploring the depths of a dark forest, Kai Osprey discovered a wall of mist.  Too curious for his own good, he walked towards the mist and parted it with his hands.  After studying the strange mist for all of thirty seconds, he squared his shoulders and boldly walked in as deeply as he could…

He awoke with a throbbing head and a growling stomach. He was nearby some strange camp filled with gypsies that called themselves Vistani…

Now a new adventure begins.

(Feel free to PM me any comments about this tale.  I like constructive critisism.)

Tarth:
Tarth De'mealthra,

Tarth is now nearing three and a half decades,

originally Tarth was the son of a lesser noble in waterdeep, and a paladin of the redknight...but as all those epic tales go, something horrible happened ofcourse.

Tarth fell from grace, when his daughter was slain he made a deal with Malar god of the beasts. So he became Malar's servant through three wars. and during those wars he met another women, eventually getting over his daughter's death Tarth had a son, Renel Trueblade as he was known.

now tarth could not raise a son in the middle of a war so the child
was taken to  his father's house in waterdeep, and  were through Tarth's foes the house of theTrueblades was destroyed, Tarth barely made it intime to watch the house burn to the ground....and his son being taken away.

even the darkest hearts can know love and it was through this Tarth travel two years tracking his son, intill the mists took him.

oh did I mention thats just the begining?

jalan:
Elizabeth of Somers

When I was 16 the Lord of Somers' Manor saw me working in the field. I was comely, and he thought to make use of me. I was one of his peasants; it was his right. But I resisted. So, to make an example of me to the other girls, he had me tied to a post in the village square. With his newly sharpened dagger he slowly carved this slash on my face.

And then, elsewhere. The pain was incredible, and though I tried not to give him the satisfaction of a scream or tears, I could not stop myself.

Eventually the pain overwhelmed me, and I slumped unconscious. When he was finished, he would not allow me to be tended for a day and a night to be sure the scars would remain regardless of the healing draughts used.

Two years later I hid in the wagons of itinerant traders and so escaped that land. I vowed then that I would learn how to return my suffering a hundredfold, and I would gain my revenge.

That was 10 years ago. I have been on my own in that time. I did what I had to to learn how to move quickly and quietly to get past my foe's guards and how to fight with sword or bow.

Having gained certain skills, I recently returned to the Manor and sought the lord. We fought, and like the bully and coward he is, he ran. I was giving chase when he ran into a sudden mist. As I followed a shadow rose up surprisingly in front of me, and all went dark. When I awoke I was here. Somewhere here is that lord, and I will find him, and I will extract my due. I will find and kill William Somerset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version