Author Topic: Server Response Timed Out  (Read 670 times)

IzzyStickMan

• New to the Mists
Server Response Timed Out
« on: February 07, 2022, 12:40:18 AM »
Hello, so since the new update just a few hours ago, I can't login to the server. When I click connect, I get to the screen that loads my characters, but before it loads them it freezes then kicks me out after a few minutes. I've tried a full shutdown on my console, and I may have to reinstall everything. I wonder if having too many characters could have an affect on this as well? I need to have some of those characters cleared out anyway. I'm going to try to reinstall tonight. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
We love casting spells.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: Server Response Timed Out
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 09:24:54 AM »
I've had that happen to me, it could be something to do with your internet?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

IzzyStickMan

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 12:46:08 AM »
No, my internet is decent enough. I did a quick check to make sure and no issues. I deleted the server data and re-downloaded it just in case the update didn't go through properly. No luck. I then completely uninstalled nwn along with all my data and reinstalled. Still no luck. I play on the Xbox, and it's always been pretty buggy to play nwn on, but not unbearable. I have two friends who also play on Xbox who aren't having the same problems, but they only play one character. My only other guess is that since this happens on the character pop up screen, it can't load the 10+ characters I have on there for whatever dumb reason. I only play two of them, so I need to find a way to get clear the rest. How would I go about doing that?
We love casting spells.

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 12:52:17 AM »
I can't say I've ever had instances of crashing on character selection and I've probably just try a full reinstall at that point.

One thing that did mess with me for a long time was that I needed to set up port forwarding, though, and even though that doesn't seem like it's your issue I suppose you could try first. The reason I say it doesn't fit for me is because in those situations I was never kicked only at character selection but randomly during play and could usually log in.

That being said I'd probably just try a reinstall in your situation, personally.

I know that's a real pain so hopefully you figure out something else and if not it works out!
Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

IzzyStickMan

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 01:42:39 AM »
Already tried the full install, unfortunately. The only option I can think of is clearing some of my characters as I mentioned right when you made your post, lol. I still need to find a way to do that as well. Really hoping that fixes it too. I'm planning on getting a PC or laptop eventually, but I really don't want to quit the server until then. If this doesn't work, I'll be out of options.  :(
We love casting spells.

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 01:46:27 AM »
If you've done a full reinstall I'd seriously take a look at port forwarding, unfortunately I don't know enough about that to explain it other than pointing you towards posts which do. If I can find them I'll link them for you

McNastea

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 01:52:11 AM »
There are multiple posts on how you -should- set up port forwarding but not much on how to get about it.

Iirc, Treason had at one point a really good walkthrough but I can't find it.

Unfortunately, if that's you're issue, I can't personally help you but there should be some resources online to try out which I would highly reccomend. Again, since a reinstall isn't working, I think maybe that's your issue.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 08:23:23 AM »
Try, if you can, connecting through a VPN. Even if your internet is solid, sometimes your ISP doesn't get along with the server.

NickNickNickX

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »
I'm having this same issue right now. First, it wouldn't connect to the server at all. Came back later and now I'm getting the error he mentioned after hanging at the character select screen.

I noticed you mentioned console. Maybe it's a console only thing because I'm on Xbox as well? Kinda sucks, I was super happy to find out we could play custom RP servers via console back when I started months ago. Took a break and came back to not being able to login.