You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Fantasy For Most.  (Read 617 times)

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
A Fantasy For Most.
« on: February 06, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »
Written in an elegant hand, the journal entry is written in the common language. An illustration of a dragon emblazoned upon the cover of the book.

(Picture for reference)

To be a Dragon.. A fantasy for most. A thing to read about in a novel or a tome, a thought briefly entertained before being cast aside as they return to normalcy. A fantasy.. But not for me.

When the dreams began they were.. confusing. They seemed just that, dreams. But as time went on they became more frequent.. more vivid.. To the point where i could still /feel/ them when i woke up. That aching feeling in my shoulder blades, that pressure upon my chest. It was then i knew i am meant for more than this.

My father.. did not like the idea. He tried to hide it. Tried to make me repress it. But the longer he did this, the more i grew to resent him. His fearful response. His attempts to ridicule and control me as if i was some mere pet. There came a point i had had enough. Instead of resentfully listening to his pleas, instead of letting him control me any longer something just.. snapped. I lashed out. A feeling inside of me welling up before bursting forth. It felt... good.. To let it all out. I did not care if i hurt him. I did not care how it made him feel. i /made/ him tell me. He did not want to, but i gave him no choice. For once he was the one under my control.

It was then that he revealed it. The nature of my ancestor... A dragon. A blue one at that. I did not believe it at first, simply thinking he was spinning me a tale. Yet.. The more he kept talking... the more it made sense. The dreams. These feelings i had been having. It was as if it all fell into place.

I left him, then. Grabbed my things and left him there. I closed that door behind me and never looked back. Why would i? Who in their right mind would choose such a life when something this grand looms over them? To be a dragon...

I left. In search of answers... Yet all that came to me were the dreams. Over and over, not being able to decypher them. I need to learn my ancestors language if i have any hope at finding it's meaning.

And now i've found myself here.. These lands filled with mist. I will /not/ let this "setback" deter me.

To be a dragon... a fantasy for most.

But not for me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:00:38 PM by Ryujin »
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal. Chen Mei
Shelved: Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Re: A Fantasy For Most.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »
An new entry finds it's way into the book. The writing similarly elegant

These lands are odd. The people even more so. The natives are... close minded. The other "outlanders" are the exact opposite.. sprinkled with hints of insanity. So chaotic...

There are a few however that have been... normal enough. Still odd but.. these I could at least speak to without making them question my sanity. I have been here for a few days now, and I haven't been idle. Gathering coin.. purchasing equipment. A smith whom I've bought an armor from thought it fun to store it far away in a place i have never heard of and bring me a claim for the damned thing. I suppose i was lucky there was a woman around, and I was able to make her go fetch it for me. I discussed my dreams with her somewhat. Though she was not able to offer me any clarity.

But... I had forgotten why I left my home in the first place. I need to learn my ancestor's language. I put out a few notices in this regard. See if there was one that could be beneficial to this... And there was. A halfling woman, apparently native. The woman I discussed my dreams with also said she was able. I'll string her along for a while in case the first one falls short.

A first step. But it is one in the right direction. I will have this halfling teach me what she knows.

"Perhaps I might even keep her around after if she proves useful enough."
Shelved: Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 05:59:50 PM »
Yet another entry finds it's way into the book. The writing a bit more sloppy, as if the hand that wrote it was unsteady. The final sentence written in Draconic.

These past few days have been... Interesting. My observing of those that dwell in this place taking up most of my time.. I have come to the conclusion that they all seem to be content in striving for... Mediocrity.

The halfling has indeed proven herself quite capable at what she claimed. She has taught me well thus far. Through her lessons.. I have been able to understand a part of my dreams. It knows that I am "looking".

The halfling claimed she had helped others of "my kind" before. Several, in fact.. Of varying coloration. She claimed to have some ideas to.. try and spark what lies within. To aggravate it. Force it out. I felt like laughing, but decided to humor the little one instead. She took out a wand, and pressed it against my skin, the lightning within shooting it's way through my hand. I will admit that it hurt more than I expected..
But how can I call myself what I am if I would not persevere through something so insignificant.

The idea came to use a more powerful bolt. She struck me with it. The sheer force sending me tumbling on my back. The pain nigh-unbearable as I almost lost consciousness. The little one spraying some tonic on me, I felt... Anger. Frustration. How could I let something like that take me down. I am supposed to be better. I recovered a few moments, and made her do it again. She was hesitant, but I insisted. Casting the spell again, I braced... And managed to hold my ground. The pain coursing through my body, although I didn't admit it, and fading very shortly after. I felt something well up and when I looked back at her, she said something changed. The little one seemed terrified, frozen in place. I looked at myself, and realized that I had taken a step in her direction... As if I tried to attack her. She claimed it to be the other side of me, taking over to defend itself. It didn't make sense to me at the time, but the more I think about it... Perhaps she was right.

I need to control it. I will purchase a wand of my own. I do not care how much it will hurt me, I -will- control it in the end. Let it know that I don't want to fight it, but that we are the same. It may be a long shot. But perhaps it is still a step in the right direction.

The halfling has impressed me with her knowledge. Perhaps she was doing the wise thing, and telling me the truth that she has indeed helped others.

Zi lauth shilta norkta ve... jaka batobot ui yentair creolnali.
(Source)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:01:33 PM by Ryujin »

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 09:56:18 AM »
A new entry finds it's way in the journal. The writing sloppy. The ink blotched in places as if too much pressure was placed on the quill. It seemed to be written in mixtures of common and Draconic. The latter taking up most of the writing.

I feel... different. Changed. My thoughts have, at least. Or have they? When I looked upon the halfling after getting back up I saw her as nothing but a tool for me to use. Someone that served me, but... Isn't that what she has done all this time? Listen to me? Doing as I asked? Doing what she is supposed to do?

I see the truth now. The people here at first just seemed mediocre at best. I could not have been more wrong. They aren't mediocre at all... They are lesser. Clinging to their gods and such, worshipping what insignificant things that they could. They should be worshipping me. Serving me. Bring me gifts and hope that I look upon them favorably, yes... That is how it should be.

I would say my mind has changed. But it has never been more clear. But... What is a ruler without wealth? I must gather. Have them bring me gifts. No more fair splitting of things. It should all belong to me. If they are lucky I will grant them something. But.. If I catch one of them taking something that is mine without me telling them to... Let's just say that a hand is easily removed... If they're lucky.

I feel I have made progress in other regards as well. But.. it hurts. Can't say I've ever felt pain like this. I might have overdone it a little. I didn't feel it as much at the time. Focus and determination do that. But afterward, it's... as if every muscle in my arm is on fire. Constantly flexed. But I can not show this to others. If they ask, I will show them I am fine. Can't have them thinking I am weak. I am /not/ weak.

And I will not be deterred. I will keep going. I will become what i am /meant/ to become.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 03:08:15 PM »
A new entry is written in the journal. The writing is surprisingly elegant. As if something has changed since last something was written in it. The language used seemed to be solely draconic.
Patience... I must have patience... But how can I? Every idle moment my thoughts go back to it. Something I need... something I must have... Something that will be -mine-. It has been days now since it was discussed... yet still, nothing comes of it...

Perhaps it is time to simply find another to do it.

It came to me in my dream. A while ago now. A gift, worthy of it... Worthy of me? Isn't that the same? It matters not. It said to bring it a gift worthy of it. To wake up and seek it out. That it was inside.. I know now what I must do. And the gift I have in mind is perfect... But it needs to be made... It needs to be acquired... To be kept safe. I have already... found and received many things. Been gifted, many things... But none would be suitable...

There can only be one pinnacle.

That's it then. I must have it soon. Sooner rather than later. I am done waiting. I have proven myself. Shown that I am not weak... After all... If I was it would not have protected me. It would have simply let that kill me.. Prideful beings they are. And for good reasons... It would not want to live in something weak... So it would not have protected me.

I am sure of this.

The others around me... Are beginning to treat me as they should as well. Not as some equal. They avoid saying things that might insult me. They apologize profusely if they have... As they should... They know that I am greater. More magnificent... More beautiful.

My resolve has never been stronger. I will acquire it.. And i will seek it out. That will be my way.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 12:06:59 PM »
A new entry has been hastily written into the journal. The text completely in draconic. The writing sloppy, as if the writer was extremely excited.

I have it... I finally have it!

I have cast the halfling aside. She had served me well but her absence has been noted. I am unsure if I can still rely on her to do as I wish. I found another to aid me... And they did so splendidly. It has been made.. It is mine.. Finally.

I will cherish it... Keep it safe... None may touch it... None may even lay eyes upon it... Not without my express permission. It is beautiful... Almost as beautiful as I.

It is a symbol. Only the most magnificent may wear it. And none are more so than i. I have proven myself to be. I have proven myself to be strong. I have proven my resolve... my dedication. I am worthy.
And no others are.

The woman has served me well. Even brought me a Star Sapphire as a gift. She has proven to be useful. So i will keep her around. But most importantly...

I have it. The crystal... the gift... I fulfilled the challenge in my dreams. I have proven myself. And i know now that those around me are insignificant compared to me.

At last.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »
A new addition to the journal. The handwriting is calm and collected. The script elegant in it's draconic writing.

Little has happened since that day. I have finally gathered enough coin to buy a /very/ valuable blade. It has served me well thus far. And I have fed it plenty of blood.

The halfling has vanished almost completely. Have not seen her in ages. A shame, there is still something I need to... "Discuss" with her.

Yet there have been others that have proven to be worthy of my attention. A priestess that has proven to be... somewhat interesting. She treats me with the proper respect at the very least.

A commodity that is hard to come by here apparently.

And Little Cat... She has proven to be amusing. Company that I like having around. Same as the quiet little mouse. Though the cat treats me properly, with the respect one of my kind deserves... The mouse has proven an excellent source of entertainment.

Apart from that... It's been dull. The amount of people to entertain me seems to be dwindling, especially with two vampires suddenly deciding to get themselves killed out of the blue.

But it matters not. I spend my evening meditating. Trying to connect with that which is inside of me. Become one with it, as I am /destined/ to be. It won't take long now.

I'm sure of it.