You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: NeverBlender and Model Creation  (Read 1199 times)

Yesper

NeverBlender and Model Creation
« on: February 02, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »
I'm starting to delve into a very specific rabbit hole and am wondering if anyone has any pointers or resources available to go through while I learn this process.

Favee

• Undead Master
Re: NeverBlender and Model Creation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:52:23 PM »
A little more info on exactly what you're after would help. 

Are you already comfortable in the creation of models, textures, etc with blender?

Are you looking for help or assistance on the process of bringing models from the game into blender?  To expand on that, editing PLT texture files or the other incredibly niche and archaic file formats NWN seems to use.

I've recently forced myself through learning the toolset, being able to open / modify the file formats etc, so if you get hung up somewhere hit me up on discord and I'll be happy to help. 

Some basic things you'll absolutely need that I use everytime I touch content creation.

1. NWNExplorer (link)
2. GIMP + PLT plugin. (PLT plugin) (GIMP website)
3. This collection of tutorials.
4. The Custom Content Guide 3.0

For blender basics, it really boils down to just using youtube and looking up the specific needs and issues you're running into.  But there are tons and tons of great resources for free with a simple search.

Hope some of this helps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 06:56:50 PM by Favee »
Discord: Favee#4934

Yesper

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:14:12 PM »
I appreciate the guidance. I've a bit of experience in Blender already, thankfully. I'm not sure how to even begin importing models and, by extension, anything that comes after that. I'll roll through the material provided and see what sort of silly questions I have afterward. Thank you!

Laur

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 07:54:26 PM »
I appreciate the guidance. I've a bit of experience in Blender already, thankfully. I'm not sure how to even begin importing models and, by extension, anything that comes after that. I'll roll through the material provided and see what sort of silly questions I have afterward. Thank you!

I have gotten to the pretty advanced stages of using NeverBlender and importing models in-game. If you want to ask some direct questions etc or just need some stuff pointed out, feel free to DM me on discord. I know the most about texture painting and mods but i can help with some models too.

(Laur#1997)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 08:28:20 AM »
The best, most cohensive resource of info you'll find is here these days: https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/Neverwinter+Nights+1%3A+EE+Home

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
WIP Blackguard armour. Quads are your friends, hail to the abyss that is topology!

Spazzer

• Undead Master
  • Greater Spell Focus: Cringe
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 09:37:07 PM »
WIP Blackguard armour. Quads are your friends, hail to the abyss that is topology!

This looks dope, will you be making models for all races and genders?

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 12:18:18 PM »
This looks dope, will you be making models for all races and genders?

There's a tool called NWN Armory which supposedly helps with such, automatically applying proportions so long as you start with a human. The tricky part will be the female suit, not sure if NWN Armory will help with that.

Wu Tang Dan

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
  • So the world might be mended.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone in here is taking requests, but for a while I've dreamed of having more hats like the tricorne and bandana in the game, especially of the wide-brimmed variety.

Spoiler: The van Helsing/van Richten • show

Spoiler: The Pilgrim • show

Spoiler: The Chouan • show

"For when lenity and cruelty play for a kingdom, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner."

Death

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 10:48:22 PM »
I'd like to see a basic ram skull/deer skull mask for occult characters and druids.

Maragrouf

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2022, 09:50:07 AM »
I'd like to see a basic ram skull/deer skull mask for occult characters and druids.

I'll try to get back to my second set of Wearable VFXs including Goggles, Musketeer Hats (for our Gendarmes enjoyers), Large brim summer hats and Animal Skulls (most likely Ram and Deer, as they were requested back when i started). Hopefully I'll be done before the next Hak Update so they'll be added to it.