Author Topic: Warnings about Acastus/Hashan  (Read 603 times)

Disgruntled Peasant

• New to the Mists
  • Stirring chaos since 776
Warnings about Acastus/Hashan
« on: January 24, 2022, 04:37:27 PM »
A slew of warnings have been posted in and around Vallaki warning about Acastus and Hashan.

TheArbiter

• New to the Mists
Re: Warnings about Acastus/Hashan
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 05:54:25 PM »
A single note is pinned to the tree in the outskirts, an on-point response to the notes scattered about in a littering manner:

Spoiler: show

A response to Palmweaver's lies

Alainia Palmweaver,

your attempts at slandering are getting more and more desperate. Has your vrolok master given you an ultimatum to make some form of progress? People have seen you put these notes down. Invisibility cannot hide someone who clanks around in heavy armor and your attempts at disguising yourself are pathetic at best.

I wonder, do your friends in the mist camp know about you being a von Khorvich servant? Or have you lied to them as much as you lie to the people of Vallaki, while you try to rile them up against an enemy that is none?

I would say I will await your answer eagerly, but knowing that it will just consist of more lies and feeble attempts to hide your true intentions, I am sure it is not worth my time.

May you find the light again one day

V. A.

Disgruntled Peasant

• New to the Mists
  • Stirring chaos since 776
Re: Warnings about Acastus/Hashan
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:26:37 PM »
A note written in response has been similarly nailed to a tree near the Vistani camp.

Text:

Spoiler: show

V. A.,

As but one of many who have come to learn the truth about the crocodile, I am not surprised you would accuse the wrong person. I invite you to think, hard, about the possibility that Acastus and Hashan have made more than one enemy. The people of Vallaki are no fools. Lies ARE heavy burdens. Ones that make people prone to mistakes. To exposing things they did not intend.

That you would bring to light the servants of vampires, for example, would also seem a most peculiar accusation. Are not the creatures of the night banded together? Would not one know the identity of the other? Why, then, would these creatures seek to oust their own allies? Are we then to believe that these are true accusations by your own affirmation, that the vrolocks have gotten tired of their pet? If this is true, you have only given more evidence, and we should seek to remove Acastus and Hashan from their positions ever more promptly.

We invite you to offer your response, politely, but I suggest modesty in the future.