Author Topic: The journal of Andre Campbell  (Read 418 times)

Wookieman

• New to the Mists
The journal of Andre Campbell
« on: January 12, 2022, 04:31:07 PM »
[This beaten and rugged journal has many of it pages ripped or torn. The pages hold onto the smell of spent gunpowder and booze. It's contents reading as followed.]

My name is Andre Campbell an old salt hailing from Scotland. I am 28 years old most of that time having been spent on the open sea. While I have never been much for writing or reading really for that matter I feel compelled to write down my exploits with the hope that whomever find's this journal learn something god willing. As of my count I have been here close to a month and in that time I have spent it doing little save drink like I have no purpose...which I will admit is another reason I wrote this. To hopefully save my mind from the demon of hooch and maybe clear my head a bit. I know that I need to stop this habit after last night when I lashed out on a bloke and hit him at the morninglord church. Looking back on it the lad was just doing what he thought was right...and I was to drunk and pissed off to listen. The incident is a bit foggy but I do remember at one point going for my irons. Thank god I was able to stay my hand before I did something foolish...i should really say sorry to the lad before I leave vallaki for awhile. Speaking of my pistol as sit here and write this she lays on the desk and can't help but grin at that beautiful lass she is truly a a thing of wonder. This is the third pistol I have owned of all of them this one is the finest of quality even more then Sally (my second) or even Collette (my first) I wonder what I will name her. Maybe after Moh...might be a bit much I will ask her if she minds before I leave vallaki. I should also seek out the Christian folk before setting sail...me and God need a chat it has been to long since we talked...im scared he won't listen. It matters not anyway for what I do going forward is his work and hopefully before I meet him I may finally do some good with this life he gifted me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:43:49 PM by Wookieman »

Wookieman

• New to the Mists
Re: The journal of Andre Campbell
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 09:15:23 PM »
[This following entry the writing is sloppy as if the writers hand was shaking violently.]

Mist camp home of the lost and damned and now my home as well. Before my departure however I was at least able to say goodbye to the few folk I actually care about in this hell hole. Met the one known as Diot as well that Marcus told me about a sweet lass. She said she had recently lost a lover a pain I know to well...i hope she is able to find some kind of peace in the following days. She lead me to the Christian church but sadly no one was there and I had to leave vallaki post haste so the lords prayer at the morninglords did the trick. My trip to the camp was uneventful even if it left me without a coin to spare I am glad to be out of vallaki. My mind could not help but wonder on the trip to thoughts of my sweet Collette god rest her soul...i wonder what she would think of the man I am now. She probably would not even reconize this old salt...probably would be for the best anyway. Upon my arrival camp was empty and I passed the time practicing my draw. Shooting kept my mind off her and that foul demon hooch...[the writing returns to normal after this] damn me I had another moment of weakness took a drink to still my hand. Now where was I oh yes I ran into Shay Hartley a fine lad I knew from vallaki and we made a quick trip to port to clean up the docks. We seemed to be beat to it by that lass with wings bes I believe someone called her. This however did not discourage us and we picked off a few straglers for the hell of it. We made it back to camp and I tried my hand at alchemy once more...only one varnish but progress was made. While I was practising this art I met a elven lass said her name was Glyn I believe it was didnt get the name of the lass with her. Sweet girl though and a talented mage from what I saw. What i learned though is i have alot of training yet to do but on the plus side she took me to get powder to help with that. While there we stoped at that blokes that runs the shop with the nicknacks. Well while we where there I almost had a moment of weakness...if she was not there I'd probably be on that demon opium once again. After we made our way back to camp I offered her my rapier to help train with fencing something I can get behind seeing as I'm a duelist maybe I can show her a few things when I get another.  May God and all his infinate wisdom continue to guide me.
[The entry ends here and there's a few scribblings in spanish and modern English most it is alchemical notes along with a recipe for gunpowder]

Wookieman

• New to the Mists
Re: The journal of Andre Campbell
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 03:39:09 PM »
Made a trip out to vallaki the other night to attend the grand reopening of the gaping wound. The call of rum was to strong from there and this old salt could not take her absence for much longer. When I arrived I noticed a few familiar face most notable being the orc lass that was with me the night before I left vallaki. My arm aches just thinking about what happened that night and I can't seem to get the cold yellow eyes of the werecrocodile out of my head. One day soon I will got the bastard for it and mount his head on my mantle. While I was there I procured a case of rum and gambled a bit sadly however lady luck was not on my side. The festivities ended as soon as they started and right when I was about to make my leave a halfling lass called me and two others to talk with her. After exchanging pleasantries she took us into the basement and I will not lie at first i thought the worse to happen. This was not the case however when the halfling lass started to brew a pot of tea. Now imagine my suprise when the cauldron erupted with a thick mist of swirling light and color. Now I have sailed the seven seas and seen or done about all there is to do but NOTHING like this. I remember...breathing it in my head feeling like it was double the size before I was not in the basement anymore. I was now in a garden with a hedge maze much like the ones me and my sweet Collette would visit. However those ones did not have talking animals roaming around them. We started to explore the maze but sadly but did not get far before the effects if the strange drug wore off. Bliss now replaced with dread I did my best to work it off and made my way back to camp where I nursed the headache for a couple days.