Author Topic: Hak Update - 2_27 Bugs, Errors and Other Wonkyness  (Read 828 times)

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
Hak Update - 2_27 Bugs, Errors and Other Wonkyness
« on: January 11, 2022, 11:11:15 PM »
Hey all,

Kindly post any issues you find while testing the new hak here!

Compilation found below:

Class:

BPA:

-Weapon Spec/G. Weapon Spec/G. Weapon Focus can be taken on both fighter levels and BPA levels. Effects don't (and should not) stack but amounts to a wasted feat.
-Clarify pre-reqs for BPA's vs. Fighter  g. weapon spec./ weapon spec./ g. weapon focus need clarification/better differentiate them.
-Taking certain feats (Devlans maneuver/signature weapon ) causes the other to disappear on level up. Look into feats_bpa.2da
-Not all Blackcrafts are destroyed upon rest though they are rendered unusable.

MoMF:

Spell:

Miscellaneous:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:01:43 AM by Phantasia »

Devil's Moon

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
  • Master of Stars
Re: Hak Update - 2_27 Bugs, Errors and Other Wonkyness
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 11:42:18 PM »
1. When taking Weapon Specialization on a BPA level, it doesn't help to unlock Greater Weapon Specialization down the line at level 8 BPA with at least 12 BAB.
2. The duration of the property applied by the cleaning kit does not show anywhere. Neither on the "spell" description, nor the cleaning kit itself.
3. Items generated by Black Crafts do not disappear when resting, but their "Use" abilities do vanish.
4. The Firebomb created by Create Fire Bomb does not apply the Movement Speed Decrease
5. When exiting the cloud effect of the Acid Bomb, the Movement Speed Decrease property persists. Had to rest to remove it.
6. Using Detonate literally causes me to crash. Happened thrice in a row whether the gun was equipped or not.
7. Detonate's application of the Corrosion state overwrites whatever Quality level the weapon had in the first place. Meaning when the corrosion is removed at an anvil, the original Qualtiy property is not restored. (i.e. A Quality: Masterwork pistol was corroded. Corrosion was removed. It is no longer Masterwork.)
8. Blindness/Deafness from the Flash Powder uses the actual spell, and so is subject to Spell Resistance checks.
9. Concussive Blast doesn't do anything when the target fails the save. VFX appears, but no effect.
10. Flash Powder doesn't make the one throwing it roll a save.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:43:55 AM by Haeresis »

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 11:43:41 PM »
Weapon Spec/G. Weapon Spec/G. Weapon Focus can be taken on both fighter levels and BPA levels. Effects don't (and should not) stack but amounts to a wasted feat.
Clarify pre-reqs for BPA's vs. Fighter  g. weapon spec./ weapon spec./ g. weapon focus need clarification/better differentiate them.
Taking certain feats (Devlans maneuver/signature weapon ) causes the other to disappear on level up. Look into feats_bpa.2da

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 11:56:48 PM »
Not all Blackcrafts are destroyed upon rest though they are rendered unusable.
Some bombs seem to trigger SR checks.
Detonation seems to cause some PCs to crash.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 12:58:13 AM by Philos »

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 05:53:35 PM »
Can confirm Favee's feedback on the other thread.

Spoiler: show
Here's what I've ran into so far on the test realm in regards to Black Powder Avenger.

-Couldn't take Improved Critical Musket or Pistol on 4th level Black Powder Avenger.  The feat was there, but the two weapons were not in the list.  I could take it on 5th level BPA.

-It looked like I could take the Signature Weapon 1 feat multiple times, to get both Musket and Pistol.

-Most gun characters rush the quick reload feats.  But BPA level 7 makes them redundant.  I'm not sure if waiting that long for quick reload feats is a good experience for a gun focused character / PRC.  The earliest being level 12.

-Cleaning kit did not work on the default musket.

-Using Detonate causes a crash.

-Quick Reload feat not working for musket.  Not tested with pistol.

-Slow from BPA Acid bomb is persistent until resting.

-Corrosion / broken weapons are removing the items permanent quality properties when fixed on an anvil.

Additionally:

-Gearling's Superposed Loading Technique/Quick Reload allows you to use "expired" Blackcraft bullets by equipping them in the bullet slot.

-Taking Weapon Specialization for Pistol or Musket as a Fighter does not count when you can take it or Greater Weapon Specialization as a BPA, meaning you can take it twice.

-I currently seem to get Signature Critical at level 3 of BPA. Just speculating, but it seems to appear at the same time Improved Critical becomes available, and Pistol or Musket is not an option for Improved Critical at the same level, but becomes an option in following levels. The feats do not stack.

-Putting gunpowder into bombs (petards, concussive blasts, fulminated silver, etc.) changes their descriptions to not give any information about what they do. It also takes an entire powder horn to fully charge a single bomb, which seems to me like a lot.

-Succeeding the Reflex save on the Acid bomb still slows you. The slow effect from Acid Bombs stacks if you leave the area and enter it again or go into another bomb, in addition to being permanent.

-Concussive Blast deals damage to characters who succeed their reflex save and have Evasion. Evasion seems to work against all other bombs as far as I can tell.

-Using the "Recommended" button on the feats list during Level Up does not do anything.

-There is no friendly fire on Flash Powder.

-Spellcraft rank applies to saving throws vs bombs (But not powder kegs). Saves vs Spells does not.

Onkel Bob

• Developers
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 08:36:33 AM »
A couple of things about the most recent update:
  • Head 240 for male human isn't available.

• The new cloak models are cool, but the shoulder pads are still enabled for both models. And there is still a lot of clipping even with shoulder pads disabled, unfortunately. Tested with dwarf male, human male, gnome female and elf female with both normal and big phenotypes.

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 08:46:25 AM »

• The new cloak models are cool, but the shoulder pads are still enabled for both models. And there is still a lot of clipping even with shoulder pads disabled, unfortunately. Tested with dwarf male, human male, gnome female and elf female with both normal and big phenotypes.

[spoiler]

I'll take a look at the cloaks and see if I can fix the clipping issues.  Thanks!
Discord: Favee#4934

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 12:50:58 PM »

Head 240 is available but restricted to tieflings actually. I forgot to mention that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:31:45 PM by EO »

Last Exit to Barovia

• Undead Slayer
  • "unto us a most inspired storm"
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 12:31:33 PM »
Forest Tileset feedback:

Tileset is surprisingly smooth and seamless. There was one part of the map that was impassable despite appearing as if it should be.
A seam in this specific design creates an invisible barrier. Can be moved around, but could cause issues with movement or mobs. I found a couple instances of it, but it looks like it is all from the same replicated design on different parts of the map.

Each of these I am stuck on the seam and cannot move forward.
Gianna Valentina, Curate of the Refuge of the Fifth Light

Last Exit to Barovia

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 02:57:37 PM »
Black Powder Avenger:

Similar things have been mentioned, adding some specifics from testing so far.
- First level of BPA taken at 8 from Rogue 7 suggests Point Blank Shot from nearly every combination, unless this has already been taken. Not taking Signature Weapon at this level causes the level up to fail. Signature Weapon should be the feat that is primarily suggested if that is possible (unless it is limited to base game feats).
- Point Blank Shot being in the list of suggested feats for BPA. Similarly with what has been mentioned about the other reloading feats for guns, they are recommended prior to the class abilities being gained on BPA levels. Specifically when base class is fighter or multiclassed with fighter. Many overlapping & redundant feats are able to be taken.

EDIT:

- For purpose of Testing BPA can I suggest adding guns and crafting supplies to the vendor in the character creation room?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:05:20 PM by Last Exit to Barovia »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 06:00:23 PM »
- First level of BPA taken at 8 from Rogue 7 suggests Point Blank Shot from nearly every combination, unless this has already been taken. Not taking Signature Weapon at this level causes the level up to fail. Signature Weapon should be the feat that is primarily suggested if that is possible (unless it is limited to base game feats).
- Point Blank Shot being in the list of suggested feats for BPA. Similarly with what has been mentioned about the other reloading feats for guns, they are recommended prior to the class abilities being gained on BPA levels. Specifically when base class is fighter or multiclassed with fighter. Many overlapping & redundant feats are able to be taken.

Good points. We'll reorganize that list; however, much like for other classes, it's usually best not to rely too much on these recommended lists.

Last Exit to Barovia

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 02:11:49 PM »
My recommendation would perhaps then go towards the descriptions of the new BPA base abilities or in the gun feats to indicate that these will not stack. While those testing or aware of these things before class implementation will understand it, I can easily see many people in the future creating more work when requesting relevels due to these issues being encountered.

Philos

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 02:32:23 PM »
I'll add a more expansive write up of BPAs abilities to the wiki.