Author Topic: Suggestion: Craftable Potions of Lore  (Read 660 times)

Ghost Love Score

• Outlander
Suggestion: Craftable Potions of Lore
« on: January 11, 2022, 01:15:38 PM »
As far as I'm aware, there is no way for you to currently craft Potions of Lore. Though you can find them as treasure. Is there a particular reason for this? I would love to be able to craft Potions of Lore. Perhaps using the Churchsteeple herbs, or any other of the more underutilized herbs.
Evil watches, evil waits, goodness stumbles, evil takes.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Suggestion: Craftable Potions of Lore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 02:08:30 PM »
+1

Maybe Churchsteeple and honey lily.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 06:47:53 AM »
As far as I'm aware, there is no way for you to currently craft Potions of Lore. Though you can find them as treasure. Is there a particular reason for this? I would love to be able to craft Potions of Lore. Perhaps using the Churchsteeple herbs, or any other of the more underutilized herbs.

This is on purpose as we'd rather have players rely on each other, or paying the vistani, to identify items.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »

This is on purpose as we'd rather have players rely on each other, or paying the vistani, to identify items.

I'm curious, actually, since I've never bothered to visit the Vistani... how much do they charge? Maybe I could undercut them. :lol:
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 09:17:48 AM »
It's usually less than what you'll get from Petre

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
It's usually less than what you'll get from Petre

I mean, yeah... but that's not exactly a high bar. :P
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

Death

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 01:25:48 PM »
This might be a tad bit off-topic from OP's question, but I'm gonna be real with you guys... you only need like 20-15 lore at least to identify everything on this server. I play characters with zero lore. I identify everything through gear and maybe using a legend lore item. I've rarely used potions of lore. So while we might not be able to craft potions of lore, keep this little fact in mind :)

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 02:17:56 PM »
This might be a tad bit off-topic from OP's question, but I'm gonna be real with you guys... you only need like 20-15 lore at least to identify everything on this server. I play characters with zero lore. I identify everything through gear and maybe using a legend lore item. I've rarely used potions of lore. So while we might not be able to craft potions of lore, keep this little fact in mind :)

Note: there are some other, small ways lore is useful on the server, so a few ranks invested isn't the worst, if you can spare the skill points.
You are correct that a few items makes identifying most things easy, and if you still can't, the Vistani exist, as do bards.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 02:18:42 PM »

Yeah it doesn't take much. But I'm stubborn and don't want to buy those rings and other items.  I'll find someone to ID my stuff in game most times.