Author Topic: OPEN AUDITIONS FOR "OF MIRTH AND MELANCHOLY"  (Read 488 times)

TherapyCat

• I'm aware I can't spell but look at my art uwu
  • Dark Lord
  • Aka BrokeCollegeKid/Colorfullfan
    • POTM IN THE SIMS
OPEN AUDITIONS FOR "OF MIRTH AND MELANCHOLY"
« on: January 17, 2022, 12:57:26 PM »

Roles Available

Spoiler: show
Lead Characters

Test Subject 1/ Lea Masse (F)
Test Subject Number 1 is a very bitter  and callous individual. They seem to lack any sort of sympathy towards Subject number 2 at the start of the show. This role should be played by a young woman in her twenties or thirties. She has a dementileuse lower class accent. During flashbacks where she plays Lea, she is seen as being a somewhat shy, and intellectual woman, who seems to be rather reserved and guarded. Her wit is rather sharp however, and she is quick to snap back when she feels threatened.

Test Subject 2 / Raphael Cuvillier (M)
Raphael Cuvillier is the comedic relief of the show. He is a rather lighthearted, flirtatious, and easy going  individual. He is also quick witted, and is known for being rather sauve in how he presents himself. In many ways he is the antithesis of Lea.

Ensemble Roles

Dr. Duvet  (M/F)

Dr. Duvet is a medical researcher for the university who is helping conduct a study that reviews how the mind processes memory after a traumatic relationship. She has been assigned Lea Masee/ Test Subject 1 as her case study. Throughout the show it seems she has an alternative motive to get Lea to recognize the relationship was not as tragic or dysfunctional as Lea originally may have thought.

Dr. Auguste (M/F)

Dr. Auguste is a medical researcher for the university who is helping conduct a study that reviews how the mind processes memory after a traumatic relationship. He has been assigned Rapheal Cuvillier /Test Subject 2 as his  case study. Throughout the show it seems He has an alternative motive to get Raphael to recognize the relationship was not as pleasant or as healthy as he remembers it to be.

Plot Summary

The setting of this play takes place five  years into the future. The costuming of this play should look like designs that haven’t been seen before. Clothing concepts that wouldn't make a lot of sense in modern day dementlieu. The play takes place in what could be described best as a medical research laboratory within the halls of the University.  The stage is split in half, the left side is adorned with blue lights, the right with yellow, and the middle green throughout the majority of the show.

On the left side of the stage, we have the TEST SUBJECT 1 one being questioned by Dr. Duret, about their prior relationship and how it has impacted  how they perceive love following the aftermath of it on a physiological level, the same thing is done on the right side of the stage.
In the middle, when both the RIGHT and LEFT are frozen, is where former versions of the test subjects (Raphael and Lea) play out flashbacks from their relationship within their own perspectives. Throughout the play, Lea/the test subject's overall perspective is that the relationship ruined her perspective on love, and how she views herself with her own image. She has few positive things to say and most of her memories are jaded. When Raphael/ Test subject 2 reflects on the prior relationship, his memories are mostly fond  ones leaving out some of the details that Lea does in her recollections. Lea being his first love, he has very few negative things to say about her, and desperately wants her back.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle, hence the green light.

Throughout the play and the recollections, they both start to see the others' point of view, Lea slowly remembering the good moments, and Rapheal starting to see the flaws in their relationship.

At the end of the interview, they both exit. The final scene is Lea visiting Rapheal at his home…

Audition Sides

Test Subject 1/ Lea Masse

He always acted that way, and would look at me with such deep admiration. Even when I was screaming at him, cursing his name, his expression, his eyes never changed. It was like I could do no wrong.  It was exhausting. Being perfect…. He refused to fight, he refused to raise his voice, admit  that anything was a problem. It was like talking to a brick wall, any emotion I had, any concern I voiced would be met with “Everything is fine.” and “I love you.” But it was not fine, and sometimes love is not enough. Love is just a substance, it is not abundant, it is not ever ceasing. It has limits, constraints.

Test Subject 2/ Raphael Cuvillier

She was always such a fiery thing, always fueled by something. I found that passion within her endearing. The way that all her emotions were felt to every degree, always raging… everytime she spoke it was like a play that only I got to be privy to. Did it worry me at times? Yes. I understood that not everyone enjoyed her fire as I did… I worried if she would get consumed by it. I worried if one day it would run out and she would become someone I didn’t know.. I worried. But I wouldn’t say it bothered me, or burdened me.

Dr. Duret

Do you believe all love that you speak of to be this conditional, or just your own?

Dr. Auguste
So. You met her at the Bibloquethe when you were searching for research materials to write one of your papers for University, that is correct?

[Dr. Auguste looks at Test subject 2. A small sigh as he continues.]

And what is it, that made her so.. Exceptional?

Tentative Rehearsal Schedule

Rehearsal Starts At Sundown (( 8pm EST)) it is crucial that you make every rehearsal, and if you cannot you write Violeta Dragunescu ahead of time.

21- Cast list is posted
22- Scene 1
23- Scene 2
24- Off
25- Scene 4
26- Scene 5
27- Scene 6
28- Off
29- Dress Rehearsal
30- Show

All other inquires about the production should be written to the Manager  of the theatre, Violeta Dragunescu

[spoiler]OOC: Audition Countdown

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20220120T19&p0=4655&font=cursive

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:10:32 PM by TherapyCat »

TherapyCat

• I'm aware I can't spell but look at my art uwu
  • Dark Lord
  • Aka BrokeCollegeKid/Colorfullfan
    • POTM IN THE SIMS
Re: OPEN AUDITIONS FOR "OF MIRTH AND MELANCHOLY"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:21:48 PM »
//This is in 30 minutes!