You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Pages from an elven notebook  (Read 318 times)

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Pages from an elven notebook
« on: January 01, 2022, 01:32:29 PM »
A page from a immaculately kept notebook. A blue cover with silvered edges. The letter V.E pressed upon the front. The pages within written to the brim in fluent elven with an elegant hand.

This land… It has proven to be curious. It has been a few days now since these mists have claimed me, and i have already faced more challenges than the last few years combined. At least i presume it to have been a few days as time seems to flow strangely here.. it feels that way at least. I have met a few people. And even less i have deemed worth my time… But perhaps i need to open up more. Some of the humans here have proven to be… better than i expected, so perhaps i should give them more of a chance.

Upon my very first night here.. i found myself in the company of a few. Two humans and a strange elf. As we went north, night fell upon the way back, and a woman appeared from the mists. A black dress, with red accents. Immaculately kept. A conversation started, and the humans kept whispering in my ears to run. It was then we were beset by wolves, which she dispatched. Even taking care of the one that struck me down, and wished to feast on me. She saved my life… yet people keep calling her evil. Me? I am not so sure.

I have yet to have a solid conversation with her after that instance. I feel like i owe my life to her and i hate feeling indebted. I should perhaps put more effort in finding them… but if i am to believe the many murmers around these outskirts… there might not be much time.

An image seems to have been drawn on the opposite page, detailing a woman in a black with red dress, and red hair. Her lower half seemingly dissipating into mist

//A short paragraph having been added at a later time, below the original writing.

Word has reached me that the person in question has indeed met her end before I was able to have that conversation. A shame... But other things will arise that might prove worthy of my interest. Of this I am sure.

The drawing having been altered slightly, now having what appears to be a small tombstone added alongside it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:48:51 PM by Ryujin »
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
Re: Pages from an elven notebook
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 01:49:35 PM »
A new page seems to have been written in the notebook. Some parts of the writing seemingly altered a few times as some things are crossed out

Things are going quiet around here. Where first there were many, now there seem to be only few. The nights have grown quieter, which is not a bad thing… means i can have more conversations outdoors instead of sitting around in a dusty temple. I’ve been spending the nights lately in company instead of solitude. Talking instead of simply reading or perhaps even drawing. It’s a nice change.. though unexpected.

These past few days have had me reflecting on the past. Since i’ve been here i’ve noticed my skills progressing at… an alarming rate. So much so that my mind is usually in a state of exhaustion. But it’s been nice, i feel like i am accomplishing something. Back home my skills almost seemed to stagnate. I had spent my time teaching others instead of focussing on my own.. perhaps being placed here was a necessary change.

Speaking of the past. I have confided about it in someone. Something i would not have seen myself doing before. It was strange.. but i feel like i can trust them. even though i only know them for a short time. Perhaps the fact that they are as close to my kind as it seems to get here helps. One of three that i’ve met, yet this one is most interesting, as is her story. She seems to be beginning to like starting to trust me as well, which is good.. i very much enjoy each moment spent with them… which is a rare thing in these mists.

Apart from that.. there are a few others that i do not mind being around. A certain Half-blood, who apparently finds every possible moment to try and annoy or vex me.. but for some reason i do not mind it when it’s them. I mind it less when it’s them. Some humans have proven to be decent company as well, surprisingly. Two in particular, one of which showed me around some parts of town first we met, and ended up in a tavern. The other being a man, driven by… something. Seemed to have ties to the lady in the dress described in an earlier entry.

It has been… some adjusting. But at least there seems to be progress now. People seem to have a tendency to disappear however. I just hope this does not extend to certain people.

A drawing seems to have been made on the other page. Crude sketches of several individuals. Care has been taken to make them unrecognizable to all but those that knew exactly of whom he’d written
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask