You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Requested: a way to @dispel shadow shield  (Read 1883 times)

ObsidianOrb

Re: Requested: a way to @dispel shadow shield
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2022, 01:28:30 PM »
Well I disagree with you on that one, comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. The backpack, sword, arrows, are just cosmetic and the suggestion is to remove the need to cycle through every cosmetic piece to get the one you want, this is a new feature that is being requested and it affects aren't just cosmetic.

ScalesofEquilibrium

• Church of Ezra - Flock of the Last Redoubt
  • Outlander
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2022, 01:38:32 PM »
Well I disagree with you on that one, comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. The backpack, sword, arrows, are just cosmetic and the suggestion is to remove the need to cycle through every cosmetic piece to get the one you want, this is a new feature that is being requested and it affects aren't just cosmetic.

It allows one practiced in magic to selectively remove a spell (and its mechanical effects) at will without having to sacrifice everything - and knowing full well the spell is one that should be switched 'off' in certain circumstances. This is a quality of life feature. No one is asking to hide the spell and keep the mechanical effects here.

The idea is simply to be able to remove it and it alone, entirely.
Abigail Shuttleworth - Active

Senna Merula - Shelved

Yesper

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2022, 01:46:26 PM »
There is no mechanical benefit to having a command to toggle back items, whereas dispelling only shadow shield as opposed to every self-contained spell offers clear mechanical benefits. Like keeping that bull's strength and haste spell up as a character then nyooms through the Quartier Publique towards Joseph Fogg's house of many monies or perhaps a more shady sort of peddler. This sort of QoL change aligns with reducing the weight of ore or having certain items stack. Like ore. (Specific example, I know. I think both my character and myself have inhaled a touch too much copper dust lately).

Dhelindria

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • Dhelindria "Lindy" Lawrence Rathcore
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »

I acknowledge that you disagree. My suggestion remains unchanged, however.

Quote from: DaloLorn, earlier in this thread...
In PnP, you are able to dismiss any spell of your choosing as a standard action. I'm not aware of any changes made by the Ravenloft books that would invalidate that for PotM.

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2022, 09:29:16 PM »
Bumping this because I want it

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2022, 07:45:29 AM »
A suggestion:

@dispel visible

Dispels everything that @dispel concealment does, plus anything else with an obvious fx, ie.

Shadow Shield
Premonition
Continual Flame
Vision of the Omniscient Eye
Globe of Invulnerability
Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
Mestil's Acid Sheathe
Death Armor
Fire Shield

... I can't remember if there are more. I also don't know where this sits on the sliding scale of trivial to impossible.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2022, 07:58:23 PM »
We'll implement a more thorough solution to remove effects from specific self-applied non-hostile spells by using @dispel #### (#### = spell id, which players will be able to get by using @dispel list).

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2022, 02:08:11 AM »
I can see merit in having a way to disable the visual appearing spells, but I sont think tensers qualifies in that. It would likely be condensed to just shadow shield / premo

King Pickle

• Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2022, 01:22:41 PM »
Being able to dispel Tenser's at will, would take away the only drawback of that spell and make it considerably more powerful.

RedMoney

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2022, 02:28:03 PM »
@imacriminalthatneedssecretwards should be the command

EarlofEtheria

• Undead Master
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2022, 07:30:57 PM »
Now if this could be implemented alongside temp OCR boosts in Barovia for having visible spells active (like Ghostly Visage) it would be the chef's kiss. :twisted:

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2022, 11:56:21 PM »
We've added the following commands on the main server:

@dispel list: lists all self-applied beneficial spells on your PC along with the spell ID
@dispel ### (replace ### with the spell's ID): dispels a specific spell

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2022, 02:00:49 AM »
Awesome change, nice work dev team!