Author Topic: [Action Server Issue/Bug]  (Read 602 times)

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
[Action Server Issue/Bug]
« on: December 31, 2021, 07:24:02 PM »
I've started dabbling on the action server, and met a few people. One person asked me if I knew about a "wagon bug solution." Near as I can tell, they say they can't actually enter the game world anymore. When they do, they go to the wagons that normally traverse the mist ways.

My idea of the issue is when the module was updated to remove the old mist camp, the only places they could enter the game world were saved in the old mist camp, and since the tent/arrival area isn't in the module anymore, they wind up in a wagon, trying to take them there.

I'm not 100% sure this is the case, but it's my theory, as there are only two areas to enter the world on the action server from the OOC area. They may not know the forums exist either, which could be why nobody has heard about it, until now. 

I've made it to the Keep of the Dyad camp without any hitch. The person I spoke to about it says the problem happens after the server resets, which takes at least three people online to do a reset vote, something that doesn't happen often on the action server, it seems!

e: person I spoke with said they tried as recently as a week ago to go to the mist camp on a new character, and it bugged them. They play on Xbox. So it may be something specific to consoles? Not sure if Devs play the game on console at all to try to duplicate issues, or if they have anyone on the RP server to help try to duplicate issues.

If this is actually what is happening, I imagine the easiest fix would be to add a third portal to the Action Server OOC lounge of "Enter World at Vistani Camp," since Faction base entry doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:09:38 PM by Kaninchen »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: [Action Server Issue/Bug]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 03:05:24 PM »
e: person I spoke with said they tried as recently as a week ago to go to the mist camp on a new character, and it bugged them. They play on Xbox. So it may be something specific to consoles? Not sure if Devs play the game on console at all to try to duplicate issues, or if they have anyone on the RP server to help try to duplicate issues.

The problem is that the Mist Camp (and other areas) use new tilesets added by Beamdog but Beamdog never released a console patch with these tilesets.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 06:14:34 PM »
Ouch, that's brutal. Anyway to mention to Soren to maybe do that? Haha.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 06:29:22 PM »
Ouch, that's brutal. Anyway to mention to Soren to maybe do that? Haha.

That’s out of Soren’s hands. We may include the tilesets in our haks but that’s bound to increase hak download size.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 09:47:08 PM »
Is there a drawback to a bigger download size? Near as I can tell, people just want to play the game, and do more things than just Barovia. I imagine they wouldn't care about a bigger download if it will fix their stuck/bugged characters.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 10:01:42 PM »
Is there a drawback to a bigger download size? Near as I can tell, people just want to play the game, and do more things than just Barovia. I imagine they wouldn't care about a bigger download if it will fix their stuck/bugged characters.

Well, it affects everyone, not just console players.

Nezmith

• Outlander
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 11:40:23 PM »
I'm not sure how feasible it would be, but you could possibly host a small 6 person server that console players could join which includes the full download. They'd be able to hop back to the action server without a problem, I'd assume?