You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Favored Soul - Turn Undead  (Read 316 times)

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
Favored Soul - Turn Undead
« on: December 30, 2021, 01:31:54 AM »
Hi, I'm writing here today because I don't know if it's intentional but I'm playing a favored soul and I got the turn undead ability with a cleric level. In the description of the ability it is said that it gives 2 life points per divine spellcaster level. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to take into account favored soul levels. I tried to make a priest to see if it was per level and it gives 4hp at level 2 , while 2 favored soul levels and 1 priest level only gives me 2hp.

So there you go, I don't have enough feat at the moment to test the other turn undead feat but I guess that doesn't take them into account either favored soul levels which are divine spellcaster too. I have also attached the description of divine vigor below. Thank you.

Divine Vigor
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Turn Undead.
Specifics: The character may spend one of his turn undead attempts to increase his base speed by 20 % and gain 2 temporary hit points per divine spellcaster level for a number of turns equal to his Charisma bonus.
Use: Selected.

Spellcasting: Favored Soul spells. Divine (Charisma-based, no spell preparation, spell failure from armor is ignored)

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Re: Favored Soul - Turn Undead
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 01:36:32 AM »
Because cleric is the class providing your turning power, not your Favored Soul levels. As your cleric levels strengthen so does your Divine Vigor. This is working as intended.

Favored Souls receive their powers spontaneously from patrons with no training, they did not learn how to perform priestly rebukes as others have when becoming clerics of a certain deity.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
Re: Favored Soul - Turn Undead
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 01:50:53 AM »
Perfect that clarifies my answer I wasn't sure if it was intentional. Thank you, we can close the topic.