Author Topic: Failing to dungeon log  (Read 704 times)

cooachlyfe

• Dark Lord
Failing to dungeon log
« on: December 28, 2021, 05:23:41 PM »
Where: In the lower caverns underneath Dvergeheim

When: Anytime I believe, trying to dungeon log

What: Seems when trying to dungeon log from the lower caverns underneath Dvergehiem, even waiting longer than the 15 minute timer, you will still log back in to the map with the enemies respawned

Recreate: Dungeon log from this area, wait 20 mins, then try logging back in

Jarvik

• New to the Mists
Re: Failing to dungeon log
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
Recreated, this was a group experience.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 01:08:59 AM »
Is this the same area with the iron seams? Imagine mining it all out and trying to dungeon log to auto-teleport all that ore somewhere else...

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 01:22:14 AM »

I am not sure this is a bug.
The earthquakes in the caves makes it a constant perilous area and dungeon log simply doesn't work.
Its game mechanics of course but could be a IC reminder that the area is simply less safe then most others due to the falling rocks etc.

Dardonas

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 01:41:44 AM »

The earthquakes in the caves makes it a constant perilous area and dungeon log simply doesn't work.
Its game mechanics of course but could be a IC reminder that the area is simply less safe then most others due to the falling rocks etc.

I don't think that's a thing.  The curst cave is by no means a "safe place" but you can dungeon log there.  You can even do so with enemies in the cave.  This sounds like a case of the place not counting as a dungeon for some reason for the dungeon log script.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 01:55:04 AM »

I don't think that's a thing.  The curst cave is by no means a "safe place" but you can dungeon log there.  You can even do so with enemies in the cave.  This sounds like a case of the place not counting as a dungeon for some reason for the dungeon log script.

Dungeon log works in all caves without earthquakes. But in the areas with earth quake it doesn't. Not 100% sure but almost. Was roaming that place for a while and know alot of people encountered the same problem.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 04:17:17 AM »
I believe those caves, the ones with the gargoyles so to speak, are transition areas, they are no dungeons. in fact, you can get to two different proper dungeons from there.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Dardonas

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 06:02:23 AM »
I believe those caves, the ones with the gargoyles so to speak, are transition areas, they are no dungeons. in fact, you can get to two different proper dungeons from there.

The Tusmorke Skoven in Hazlan is a "transition area" that also leads to three dungeons, but allows you to dungeon log in it.

Nezmith

• Outlander
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »
This same problem is also true for parts of the lich tower. I had to turn in for the night and logged back in come morning on top of a trap just past the first portal. I'd hardly consider this a 'transition room' as I was one door away from fighting those three illusionary mages. Some of these older zones just need some TLC.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 09:43:16 AM »

The Tusmorke Skoven in Hazlan is a "transition area" that also leads to three dungeons, but allows you to dungeon log in it.

I can be mistaken, it would certainly not be the first nor the last time I affirm something about the workings of this server just to be negated the very next post by someone in the know. But Since I have been here for 4 years (not much? quite a bit?) I would not expect to dlog in the gargoyle caves but I would in the lich tower. So the problem would be you cant dlog in the lich tower to me. I dont know this area in Hazlan, maybe ive been there but i dont know the name of it, but if it is a transitional area you shouldnt I wouldnt expect to be able to dlog from there.

This is me talking. I might be wrong.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Agony

• Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 10:07:49 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is that the scripts are not in place as a means to give PC's an easy and safe way out of a dangerous area, but are designed to prevent camping on spawns and loot. So, areas where these things are unlikely to be farmed are not going to have the script added. It is still good to report for places like the lich tower, where is is a likely error, but the presence of spawns is not the only criteria for adding it.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 12:05:28 PM »
ut erat demonstrandum :lol:

always thought it was a grace script meant to let those that have sudden and unpreventable circumstance to leave the game in the middle of a dungeon without finding themselves unwarded and alone in a totally hostile environment next time they logged in...

Character List:

Marph - Closured

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 06:03:20 PM »
As Agony mentioned, it works as intended in the Dvergheheim underground area because that section isn't a dungeon, much like an exterior area with monsters isn't a dungeon. I'll fix the lich tower areas though.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2021, 11:21:59 AM »
The Lich Tower bug should now be fixed.