Author Topic: Pico Casamir - The Lost Child  (Read 414 times)

Wargtimmen

• Undead Master
  • And silence that speaks so much louder than words.
Pico Casamir - The Lost Child
« on: December 26, 2021, 06:08:39 AM »
The Border Village

... It was one of those days. I couldn't see clearly because of the mist. I was close to a border village. No matter where it was, it was a place that even the Gods and Goddesses forgot.

An old woman. She was worry about her grandchild. He was talking with rats and sewing some dresses to them. They were coming to their home in some night. And their chatterings and giggles were bothering the silent night. She was so worry about her grandchild. They were living in a hut like home next to the road, out of the village. They weren't welcome there. Like me. She was wearing white clothes with long robe and hood. She wasn't wanting to expose herself. Sometime I was seeing that she was burning some animal remains and essences around home and using their blood as well. She was hopeless and hadn't any choice than praying her Goddess. I looked for a way to help them. She wanted to die. She was begging for it. She said: "I love him so much." said "I love him so much but I don't want to live with him anymore."

I looked in her eyes. It was like staring in the void. I cooked her a cup tea. It would help her sleep when she will be in her last journey.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:08:20 PM by Wargtimmen »

Wargtimmen

• Undead Master
Re: Pico Casamir - The Lost Child
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 07:05:25 AM »
... I was digging a hole for her graveyard. It was what I could do so far. The child, he was watching me quietly. I did realize there were more rats with him. All of them were wearing tiny clothes that were sewn by him. All of them had names. And they were watching me as well. I tried to reach the body that was covered with white cloth, without any sign of an empty shell. The child didn't like it. He didn't want me to touch her. Maybe he was angry, but he wasn't talking much. He was talking with rats more than people. Squealing and hissing like them. I did ignore him, that demented child. Then one of those rats, the one wearing a tiny dress, transformed into something bigger than a rat but it was the size of a child and still looks like a rat. I was shocked and fell back on the deceased clad in white clothes. It clawed my face. I still don't remember what I was feeling there. Pain? Fear? Confused? Guilty? Maybe all at the same time. But I did run, I just rolled on the floor then jumped from the window. Reflexively I looked back for a second then I saw some shadows of other rats on the wall, they were transforming as well and it seems they were still friendly to the child. I just ran away. I left him there, alone. But at that time, I was just running without thinking this, while the old night was upon me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 07:18:13 AM by Wargtimmen »

Wargtimmen

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 05:56:33 AM »
... I just ended up somewhere close to Viktal. I don't know how many times I was on the road. What a terrible week indeed. A few days ago I had to face the moon again. And now I still don't feel like I will rest. The Inn I found on the way would be full of people who disliked me. Most of them know that I have Vistani blood. I don't need to be harassed by locals. But I couldn't rest in one of the vistani camps either. It's the life that I can only find. Loneliness and running away from things. But I'm tired now. I don't know if it's worthy anymore to be alive. Though, still I love to listen to how branches are singing when the breeze is hitting trees. Still there are things to love.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:12:48 PM by Wargtimmen »

Wargtimmen

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 05:10:52 PM »
Arrived In The Camp

... I still remember how there was emptiness in her eyes. While she was begging me to die. The night wasn't going easy while I was thinking about it. And the courtesan lady I paid for, she had the same eyes too. Maybe all people have those eyes sometimes, like an empty shell without a soul.

It was one of those days. I couldn't see clearly because of the Mist. I was close to a camp. No matter where it was, it was a place that even the Gods and Goddesses forgot. A vistani camp in Barovia. Another place that I hadn't seen since ages. I couldn't find a worse place than here for a new start. Still I had to fix an issue and found myself in this crazy place. Loneliness. Though I had always problem to having friends. But also I have been always aware of the life is pretty damn long for being alone. Well I could try my chance to somewhere. I don't sure if there is a place with dancer girls that I can pay... Ah, right. Prancing Nymph.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:13:20 PM by Wargtimmen »