Author Topic: +1 wannabe PotM Newbie Guide  (Read 788 times)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
+1 wannabe PotM Newbie Guide
« on: December 20, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
My dearests, I spent a few days trying to organize more one PotM newbie guide. It is full of opinions and I'd like your feedback before making a forum post or Wikipedia entry.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sBz4HJusuiYjlB-1tNBR3t1-xipfpAtLbI1bYWl7Q6U/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback is welcome.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Vissy

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
Re: +1 wannabe PotM Newbie Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:05:30 PM »
I like it! I think that would definitely help newcomers to the server.
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Celeste Alarie
Other Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Gilraine Ialdhan, Vika van Voytz, Lia Lanthaloran

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
Something like this is greatly appreciated and would do well for the Server. Up to you in sharing the content this will however benefit many if you choose the charitable route. I'm in gratitude to your contribution.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »
Something like this is greatly appreciated and would do well for the Server. Up to you in sharing the content this will however benefit many if you choose the charitable route. I'm in gratitude to your contribution.

Oh, but this is the charitable route. I did divulge here before, for feedback, before making it something more well formatted.

Cody

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
Vallaki has dungeons that can go from level 2 to level 15 in challenge, not to mention the clear need of magic weapons or spells. My objective, for now, was:

Do you mean the actual city itself or the land of Barovia having dungeons for up to level 15?

I think this should be edited to make clear the opportunity for exploring around.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 10:27:08 PM »
Vallaki has dungeons that can go from level 2 to level 15 in challenge, not to mention the clear need of magic weapons or spells. My objective, for now, was:

Do you mean the actual city itself or the land of Barovia having dungeons for up to level 15?

I think this should be edited to make clear the opportunity for exploring around.

I mean the area before the mist wall. From burned house to alhoon.

WolfeJob

• Vallaki Guards
  • Undead Slayer
  • Savoire Faire of a Toad
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 01:33:49 PM »
15 is a bit of a stretch for difficulty in Western Barovia. 12-13 would be high-end, which is partially why the RP XP system places limits like it does.

Vastgoten

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
  • Fendal Dohn
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
Me like! I wish I had read it 14 months ago 😂👍👍👍
Also playing Seb Un-Nefer & Radji

Rocket

• New to the Mists
  • Prepare for Trouble
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 03:52:38 PM »
Im on the fence when it comes to sharing that in-game knowledge for the outskirts.(priest, tonics, ranger hut, etc)
Yea it can ease players into the basic tools available to them. And certainly a lot of players give up when they don't come to understand what is available to them.

But I also would rather players learn from the get go, the world is foreign and an open adventure for them to discover everything.
Like you can literally play out your character as if they just found themselves lost in this strange land and simply do the obvious thing, ASK QUESTIONS!

So what if you haven't found the priest who can heal you or offer potions. Eventually you will. And it ought to come as a reward for exploring and peaking your characters curiosity.

I guess this is where we compromise and cater to the current generation of short attention gamers and help them into it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:56:32 PM by Rocket »

HouseOfLament

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 10:36:07 PM »
I suppose the best advice then might be to play a character capable of exploring on their own at first.  I will admit it's a lot easier when my PC is capable of taking down a wolf or two
Discord: Wereslug

Current: Reginald Paxton of Paridon
Previous: Anton Durand, Ezrite Cleric of the Fekete Sereg

Death

• Outlander
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 09:02:41 AM »