You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Copy Appearance To New (Tailoring Dummies/Outfit Creation)  (Read 894 times)

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
Copy Appearance To New (Tailoring Dummies/Outfit Creation)
« on: December 15, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
With NCE coming up, I've been doing a decent amount of outfit creation. 

Before the recent hotfixs   I was able  to  use the tailoring dummies   change 1 piece of an outfit  using the 'Apperance' section on the dye dummies, change into a new piece of clothing and then hit apply, and it would copy the old appearance  onto the new item.  Ever since the hotfix, it now recognizes that I swapped out the item and puts back on the old outfit

This saved so much time,   especially when making multiple variations of the same outfit  (For example a jacket on, vs  jacket off,  wearing the same pants)  Not to mention if your character uses a standard theme.   

Ever since the hotfix, it now recognizes that I swapped out the item and puts back on the old outfit. Which I totally get as I'm not using the system as intended. 

I can only assume that this bug/feature was patched out as it was associated with the Duping glitch, but I would love to able to have a supported  feature for Copying Appearance  from  2 items of the same  AC value.   

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
Re: Copy Appearance To New (Tailoring Dummies/Outfit Creation)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:23:10 PM »
I'd agree that being able to copy the appearance of one armour to the other (of the same base AC and type) would be very handy, especially when you're looking to replace your current set with a mechanically superior one but don't want to go through all the pieces and colours again.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 04:19:39 PM »
Please.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 04:27:04 PM »
Please.
Pretty please; with sugar on top, even!

Mona

• Undead Slayer
  • icon: The Letter, Eugene de Blaas
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »
As a tailor character and a freak about visually representing stages of dress, I greatly support this.
ACTIVE:
Elisabeta Gárdonyi
Arwyl an-Cirdyn

PAUSED:
Ladislau Vacarescu
Janak Rashenka

DISCORD: vantamasque#0001

Cakies

• Outlander
  • Kinda around!
    • Cera's Little Carrd!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 08:36:50 PM »
Adding my pleas to this as well!

RedMoney

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 06:28:01 PM »
The issue was that it was exploitable. You could turn outfits linings into different ones if the base materials were the same.

MatticusCaesar

• Dark Power
  • Beware the Hinvasion!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 07:35:34 PM »
It must be Providence that I am just seeing this post today and posted almost the same request exactly one year ago, albeit sans coloring.  ;)
Currently Playing:
Conner o'Clan Cunningham, Cando Weaselbite

On the sidelines but ready for action:
Tychon Corynian, Bjarna Blitzthorn, Remo Fenberry, Yerrith Greenstone, Gryllus Athens, Pristi Feld

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
Wouldn't it be useful if the tailoring dummies didn't reset back to naked after your don crafting armour appearance & colours? That way you can create a set of armour, or copy your existing, and then exit, put on another set of armour, and copy the appearance? It would make crafting multiple sets much quicker.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »
The problem is that right now the only way to copy over an appearance (but not the rest) efficiently is pretty performance-draining.

We could duplicate everything except per-part coloring though, but I don't think that's quite what people want.

Swan

• Undead Slayer
  • 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 05:46:01 PM »
The problem is that right now the only way to copy over an appearance (but not the rest) efficiently is pretty performance-draining.

We could duplicate everything except per-part coloring though, but I don't think that's quite what people want.
It's true; we would all love it if it transferred per-part colouring. But I think that, even if that wasn't manageable, we'd still appreciate the ability to, at the very least, copy over the rest of the appearance. If it's too taxing on performance, though, I suppose there's not much we can do.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2021, 06:47:15 PM »
Per part colouring is a luxury.

Just having the appearance numbers on the multiple armour sections being copiable is immensely good enough. I don't use the per part colouring myself, and design my armours and clothing based on how the colours and design would appear with the default dye system blanket hitting everything in their 6 colour group schemes as it is.

So something that copies the design and basic colours as they are is perfect and exactly what I'd be after.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 05:39:05 AM »
I'd be over the moon with joy if we could just copy the appearance, if the colours defaulted beige 001 that would still be a huge benefit. Perhaps a separate option in the menu to finish the crafting but leave appearance, so players could choose to either wipe the dummy clean by default, or leave appearance with beige colours by default? That's if I am understanding EO correctly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 05:42:48 AM by ObsidianOrb »

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2021, 07:08:47 AM »

I would be completely happy with being able to duplicate everything except per-part coloring. I personally avoid using it anyways myself due to certain effects like stoneskin bugging it out.
Michelle Anciaux

AnOldFriend

• Undead Master
  • House d'Orsine
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2021, 09:25:23 AM »

I did not even dream that per-part coloring would be possible.   I was just hoping for the ability to copy the appearance, as in the crafting selections of the arms legs etc. 

Generally you are changing  around  10-13 things per outfit, between all the limbs, neck, pelvis, torso, belt, robe.   Which is fine if you're just making one of them. However especially for my high Cha/influence characters I tend to end up with around 10 outfits just out of the new character room. 

I'm probably a particularly high use example though. I imagine most characters are sitting closer to 3.

Rest in Peace Dumitru Nistor