Author Topic: Letters of a Lily floating on the wind  (Read 461 times)

Ringnar

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
  • Halflings are best!
Letters of a Lily floating on the wind
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »
[A freshly purchased notebook bound in red leather, a yellow key sigil impressed on the front]

Marrisia always said I should keep a book and record what happens it in, but Marrisia is also mean, so take what she says with a grain of salt. Two grains if your smart.

I am Rainlily Loneheart and this is the adventure of my friends with whom I am honoured to accompany. I shall list the cast of this performance and leave some pages to fill in others, if the pages fill do check the back for late additions.

The question on nobodies lips is 'Who is Rainlily Loneheart?' but it is a question I shall strive to answer to the weakest of my ability. Rainlily is the servant of Abadar, and general menace to society at large, or so I have been told. I would dispute the latter claim and reinforce the former. Menace seems harsh, I do what I can where I can, try to stay out of others ways. But this isent my story so lets get on with the cast.

Eaydnn: This is one of the starlets of this performance. Dashing and brave, adventurous and honest. Eaydnn is in charge of lighting on set, making sure the exact amount of sunshine hits the correct person, and has not failed.

Estel: If Eaydnn is the sun, this is the moon, a cruel and foreboding mistress hiding right behind the sun threatening to take away all you have gained through a days work.

Garrel: The support, standing around in the background but solid as a rock and dependable, what started as a chance encounter has blossomed into a wonderful friendship.

Mip-Enterprises: Telling the whole tail on this one might take a while, but needless to say one of the most enjoyable people i have met. You might need a horn of ale.

Mells Bells: Druid, nice, bit narrow minded maybe, even a little dense. Good person, i wouldent not help her.

Shayder: Creepy, collects halflings, tends to kidnap me. Alright as it were, almost like a child trying to learn.

There are other players in this game of giant gauge of generosity we call Barovia, and they shall be listed in turn.

But what of the story, the action the adventure? A simple girl from Katapesh, I was something of a clerk on the construction of the road north through the mountains. The mists stole me away and here I am, but I cant say that I am unhappy here, the cast before shown have had a large impact on my life. I feel i have grown not only in skill at arms but in my person as well, these people have pushed and prodded me into becoming who i am now. But this is the story of many, we shall see how it writes together.

// Anyone with something they believe to be important or substantial can reply to this thread with my permission, and all criticism is welcome in my inbox.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 08:23:38 PM by Ringnar »

Ringnar

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
  • Halflings are best!
Re: Letters of a Lily floating on the wind
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 08:27:59 PM »
[A few names are added to the beginning of the book]

Where to begin. Ball the woundwart together and cut roughly, two passes, then add water. wolftail need not be cut, just grind it to a fine powder, but not to fine.

It seems i am missing some piece of Eadynn's story but i dont know what and iv promised not to ask, ill have to find some other way to figure this out. Estel and her seem to have some bond but also seem to not be friends, its all very confusing.

Note to self: Make a grand romantic gesture.
Note to self: Figure out who is manipulating Shayder against me, suspects are Lissa and Shayder.

Ringnar

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Slayer
  • Halflings are best!
Re: Letters of a Lily floating on the wind
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 04:15:12 AM »
Its been a whirlwind, I have started making money with my potions now, and i can make some rather useful ones. Garrel is taking on other apprentices, but who am i to complain. He could use some humans in his life, and i have come a long way since meeting him. HE has helped me both with my craft and with my life, showing me how to restrain certain emotions that can lead to trouble.

I have acquired the item i have been searching for. I need to set the circumstances and everything should be set, ill update that later.

Apparently i am the only one hearing music, this confirms what iv heard, this thing is trying to drive me mad, but i refuse to let it do so, as long as i keep her near i should be fine. Who would think she would be such a gem?

I have found that we are very different, it seems we hold almost opposing views which makes me wonder how long this can last, yet i refuse to give up, ill just have to learnt o overlook it seems.