You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Brand New Guy Problems  (Read 1144 times)

Defender

• New to the Mists
Brand New Guy Problems
« on: December 19, 2021, 12:00:26 PM »
Hi all. I just joined your server after more than a 10 year hiatus from NWN. I loved this game in the past and really hope to start enjoying it again.

I do have a problem though. I made my first (and probably only) character last night, but rolled his initial attributes incorrectly. So I just tried to remake him (since the server wouldn't let me delete him first). Now when I log in, I am getting a red message and my character can not move at all. I know I can just remake the character with a different name, but this character and his name have a 3 or 4 year history with me that I would like to revive. Is there anything I can do to be able to play him at this point?

Thanks, Defender

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Re: Brand New Guy Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
Just remake him with the same name plus a space in front of it. It any character really. Could modify the spelling, the spacing between names, make him a Jr. or a Sr. Main thing you need to do is make sure it's not exactly the same as the previous name.

Defender

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 01:19:25 PM »
Is that the only way? Is it difficult to have the character deleted all together and then create a new one?

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 01:21:12 PM »
It's the only way, we do not delete character from player's vault unfortunately. You can also just use an other username.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Defender

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 01:23:52 PM »
Oh.. that's a shame.. thanks for the heads up

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »
It's the only way, we do not delete character from player's vault unfortunately. You can also just use an other username.

I think even that gets screwed up.  Could be wrong but I remember trying it in the past and having issues.  Don't quote me though, I have a rather vivid imagination.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 12:56:00 PM »

I think even that gets screwed up.  Could be wrong but I remember trying it in the past and having issues.  Don't quote me though, I have a rather vivid imagination.

Afaik, it should cause any problem if you use an other vault, that technique is used for remake often I believe.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 09:54:26 AM »
You can also ask a DM ingame to rename you, that's what I did when I messed up my character. And then a DM will name it to a standard name, so your own name becomes avaiable again.