Author Topic: Official HD Models & Texture Pack released for NWN:EE  (Read 1435 times)

hugolino

• Dark Lord
Official HD Models & Texture Pack released for NWN:EE
« on: November 23, 2021, 09:46:01 PM »
Beamdog has released a new, official HD Models & Texture Pack for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition that makes player characters look so much better than they did originally.

The official announcement is here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/704450/view/3109168049657787421

Where to download the HD Models & Texture Pack:
https://files.beamdog.com/

I love the upgrade, but be forewarned that it doesn't necessarily play nicely with the existing visual tweaks to players and NPCs on this server. But I'm definitely using it anyway. :)

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
Re: Official HD Models & Texture Pack released for NWN:EE
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:43:08 AM »
It's definitely cool to see effort go into this and appreciate Beamdog's work. I tried it for a bit, and while I liked the cloak and weapon changes, there are however a few issues that made me uninstall it:
  • The male torso and neck are as if your character spent all their time in the gym and drank daily protein shakes. The neckline meets the jaw, for instance.
  • The hips on the female have a weird bump out the side.
  • Several additional clipping issues, such as in the neck.
  • The armour models look like they've been cast in plastic and smoothed over quite dramatically.
  • Some detail on the armour models have been lost in comparison to the old.
  • The armour models have been significantly re-coloured (in some cases the replacement colour is many shades different).
  • As warned from Beamdog, yes, there are issues between standard models and new models combining, making things float or look bad/broken.
  • Some heads that were replaced have their looks completely changed - i.e. They don't look like the same person.
  • The overall appearance of the heads and plastic armour look like something from Hero Forge or a superhero. This is too much of a deviation from current art.
There are probably more bits and pieces to look into or come across but this was enough for me to give it a pass.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 12:46:32 AM by InMyDarkestHours »

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 12:46:55 AM »
If someone in the community does some texture work I could see the heads working, their largest problem is the aforementioned Hero Forge plastic vibe, but most of the body parts simply don't fit mesh-wise with vanilla assets. It'd be neat to do a playthrough of the original campaigns with them, but I think it'll be a minute before the pack has practical applications for PW players.

Also, replacing the black void of certain helms with skin and eyes is incredibly uncanny to me after all these years.
Vicerimus Mortem.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 01:04:58 AM »
The heads made me uninstall pretty quick. Some of the textures look nice on the armors, but the heads are different enough to where people might be seeing a wildly different thing in game opposed to original textures if they had this installed.

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 03:46:20 AM »
Its a step in the right direction and I think in time this will actually see use as people modify it and update it to be less janky. But yeah right now it is very uncanny valley even more so that games like Mount and Blade: Warband
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 08:39:48 AM »
The game has too many issues with stuttering and load times already, even on SSD. I'm glad this will remain optional.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:52:24 PM »
Don't do it. Tried... arse to revert back and fix in Aurora if you got set things or multiple texture packs. And even on HDR 10  Resolution it gives everything a " i'm a D&D Action Figure feel!" With some tiles it seems off putting. More for a if your going to do a brightly MMO feel with NWN 2 Models and tiles.
"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 02:55:59 PM »
Our official stance is to discourage the use of the HD pack for now on POTM. There are still bugs with it inherently and it's not fully compatible with our haks.

EberronBruce

• Dark Power
  • Legos
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 12:13:25 AM »
Any plans on updating to get things to sync and match with the HD models?

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 05:15:34 PM »
I don't think its that bad. I find the heads quite amusing actually, NPC's are quite spares in the module, and since the NPC's in the module mainly use CEP heads, most of the NPC's are untouched.

I think this texture on the huge tree is updated, not sure though.
Spoiler: show

Behold! Neverwinter Nights meets Evangelicon

Beefcake BEEFCAAAKE!

Enhanced Armour

Resolved, huzzah!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 12:44:17 PM by ObsidianOrb »

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 11:22:26 PM »
Your last three links just point to someones artwork page rather than an actual image, all identical hyperlinks, thats why they arent working.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988594949/images/

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »
Also once you install the texture pack, you can uninstall it again easily by searching for apps in windows settings and uninstalling it, just like magic.

Double double, toil and trouble...

...fire burn and cauldron bubble

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 05:46:46 PM by ObsidianOrb »

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 05:43:44 PM »
Oh wow, the tailoring models look like chiselled marble models.

I'm reminded of handsome squidward lol.

hugolino

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 08:04:21 PM »
The NWN:EE modder community has released their own updated version of Beamdog's HD Models & Texture Pack with various fixes.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/hakpak/original-hakpak/beamdogs-hd-art-pack-community-fixes