Author Topic: Run/Walk bug  (Read 560 times)

Nathaniel D. Blazinghill

• New to the Mists
Run/Walk bug
« on: November 11, 2021, 12:19:06 PM »
TL;DR = @walk command(s) aren't functioning properly after the update that changed how encumbrance works.

Hello!,

It seems I may have stumbled across a bug with the @walk command(s) after the encumbrance update.
In my experiences I get stuck in walk mode or run mode.. but I can't toggle to the other using the @walk command(s).

When I try to activate @walk it states "Walk mode cannot be deactivated while encumbered, in spirit mode, or slowed by an effect."
Whether I am stuck running or walking at the time, it's the same message.

I tried my weight at 102/120 and I was "hindered" lets say.. was stuck running/walking.
I tried my weight at 53/120 and it was the same experience.
I cast empowered bulls and bought my weight up to 53/220+ and alas it was still the same result, stuck.

The way I've been fixing it is by dropping a significant amount of weight and then picking it all back up.. It's pretty hit and miss though, it doesn't always work.
Also closing the client entirely and relaunching nwn has yet to work.. but I still try it when I'm at a loss.

Hope this helps anyone else getting weird encumbrance issues..

P.S.   If you're stuck running you can still toggle search/sneak or simply hold shift when you issue the movement and you'll walk.. however if you're stuck walking well.. idk.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
Re: Run/Walk bug
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 01:32:13 AM »
I've had the same issue. With the new increases to the strength cap, my character can toggle walk/run so long as his carry weight remains below his old carrying capacity. However, the walk/run option stops working the second his carry weight increases above his old capacity, even though it's lower than his new capacity and he doesn't have the encumbered debuff applied (nor do I get the yellow OOC text that he's encumbered like I normally would if he picked up too much stuff).

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
This will be fixed next update.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 12:15:09 AM »
Thanks, EO!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 01:15:06 PM »
This should now be fixed.