You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Upcoming Change - Faction Armories  (Read 1023 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Upcoming Change - Faction Armories
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »
Greetings,

In order to help faction players function more independently, we are expanding the faction armories to include all faction gear, not just uniforms. Keys, weapons, and other items normally given either via the faction tool or through DMs will now be available at each faction's armory, according to the character's rank. Characters of rank 3 and less will only be able to obtain one copy of each item (ie: a Vallaki Guard would only be able to get one key) whereas higher ranked characters will be able to obtain as many as they need. In both cases use of the faction armory will be logged.

We've added armories to all faction bases and for those factions which have no base, the armory will be available using the faction tool on yourself. Additionally, items will no longer be given automatically via the faction tool when joining a faction; they must now be acquired via the armory. DMs will be able to access the armory instantly in case they need to recruit people (which happens usually for secretive factions or when there's a lack of player leadership in a faction).

This change should be effective in the next few days.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Re: Upcoming Change - Faction Armories
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 10:37:37 PM »
This is an awesome update!

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »
In the upcoming update, we'll be revising faction armories as follows:

-Lowered the rank needed to get faction armors (rank 0 to 2 depending on the faction); characters below rank 4 will only be able to get one type of faction armor + the faction cloth uniform. If you want to switch armor type, you'll need to seek a DM or a higher ranked faction member to trade it. This applies to all armor types, including heavy armors, so they're no longer gated behind high ranks.
-Added missing RVT armor types that were overlooked when we updated the armories.
-Updated the appearance and properties of the Vallaki Guard Officer Cloak (if you have one, ask a DM to switch it to a new one)
-Updated the appearance of Gendarmerie uniforms (if you have one, ask a DM to switch it to a new one)

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 05:18:37 PM »
This is a good change! Is there any chance of the Jailing Tool being added to the Gendarme faction armory? With the cell block frequently jailing people who aren't actually jailed, it may be very helpful to players.
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 05:21:51 PM »
This is a good change! Is there any chance of the Jailing Tool being added to the Gendarme faction armory? With the cell block frequently jailing people who aren't actually jailed, it may be very helpful to players.

Sure. I'll add it with the next update.

slash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 02:13:39 AM »
Thanks a million! <3
"My soul is overflowing with obeisant reverence, and Your Most Illustrious Excellency of benignity, to you I most humbly bow." -Francesco Ferdinando Alfieri.

ObsidianOrb

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 05:34:48 PM »
Wow this is great work, now if only I was a part of any kind of faction lol  :mrgreen: