Author Topic: The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions - Juliette de Bellavance.  (Read 706 times)

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Dear Diary.

We've been in Barovia for a month now. A month of listening to the wolves howl at night. A month of watching those brown armoured goons harass everyone. A month of fighting to survive.

It's not so bad really. Back home you used to listen to the gunfire all night. You used to watch blue and white armoured goons harass everyone. And you still had to fight to survive.

But I've changed.

I'm not a little girl anymore. Arielle was right, I am getting stronger. I've learned so much more putting my magic into pratice. My selection of scrolls and books grows day by day, looted from the dead and the ruins.

I've faced down legions of the walking dead, skeletal warriors with sword and bow, and I've seen the fabled lycans myself, survived, and won.

The dead are not so bad really. They're comforting in a way. They don't hate you, like the Ourvier. They're not desperate. They don't try to steal, they don't judge. They don't look at you with that look in their eyes, the way they look at all the pretty girls. They just serve their singular, cold purpose. It's unfortunate that purpose is trying to kill you, but in this world, who isn't?

I miss Helene. Only having Arielle around is hard sometimes. She keeps trying to convert the natives and we're not very good at it. I think we've made more enemies than allies. Almost all of them believe in some myth or fairytale or other. All chasing power from some diety, expecting it to be handed to them in exchange for faith.

But I'll show them.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Re: The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions - Juliette de Bellavance.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 05:57:23 AM »
[Reconned by request of the DM Team]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 03:29:07 PM by JustMonika »

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:17 PM »
Dear Diary.

I saw it.

I saw her.

I saw her become one of those others.

I've never seen it before. I've seen the rotting hungry dead, I've seen the empty eyed skulls of the legion. I've seen the screaming spirts born forth of nightmares.

But never seen it happen to someone before. I never thought it would be her.

If I'd known more. I could have done something. Could have tried something. Stopped it. Banished it. But I was helpless. Just a stupid child as she tried to tear my sisters throat out.

And then the bitch threatened me.

Well I'll show her. And I'll learn. I swear it Kato. I'll find more. Those research notes will  be a start. All the pieces are there, and I already know so much.

Then no-one will ever be able to hurt us ever again.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 05:14:25 AM »
Dear Diary,

Today I was touched by a vampire.

Felt his fangs in my neck.

It was Just like in all the stories.

Dark. Mysterious. Erotic. Powerful.

They say he's an Archmage. An Archmage!

I can still feel him in my neck. In my spirit. In the back of my thoughts.

If all the stories are true? What else is true? What else in my Romance From Beyond The Grave is real?

I have seen such things in Barovia, Diary. Seen such power. Such strength.

If I had that power, I should never be afraid.

They would be afraid.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 07:34:42 AM »
Dear Diary

Home sweet home.

I watched three children get torn apart today, split asunder by madmen and raging Calibans.

For a while I was shocked. Shocked because such things do not happen in Barovia.

I do not know if I should laugh or cry.

But this time it was different.

This time I wasn't a little girl. This time I didn't have to watch as they butchered my friends.

This time I was the butcher.

How easy it is to motivate people to kill. Even Arielle with her love for humans emerged from the beasts lair, drentched in the gore of her dear humanity.

This time I was strong. This time they were afraid.

My magic is a shield both metaphorical and literal. If now I can shield myself frorm the wretched that stalk our streets at night

Perhaps I can yet shield myself from the titles that stalk it by day?

Helene is hungry again. So am I, but not for food. No, food alone isn't enough. Food will not keep the people of our city fed.

Man requires more than food.

JustMonika

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
Dear Diary.

I hate them all.

I hate their smug faces. I hate their cruelty. I hate their power.

Two weeks I rotted in their cells, while they mocked me, fed me slops, and sent me to rot in the Aslyum.

A necrromancer they called me. A corpse lover.

Well if that's what they want, that's what they'll get. I've got no reason to hold back in my studies anymore. We'll need all the help we can get. We'll see how funny it is when their dead frozen corpses are shambling around their precious barracks.

No-one that wears the blue deserves any mercy. They're all traitors to the people. Not one of them is innocent.

I'm not afraid anymore. I'd rather die than go back there.

I'd rather they all died.

Long Live Felix Toure.
Long Live the Revoultion.

LIBERTY
EQUALITY
BREAD.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:14:47 AM by JustMonika »