You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Depth of Darkness  (Read 524 times)

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Depth of Darkness
« on: August 31, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »
Secluded in the depths of the darkest reaches of Dementlieu far from the reaches of the cities lights in the shadows of place from prying eyes so sat a man in a simple wooden chair before a pile of books on a wooden table. Violet eyes shined like crystal in ambient night cavern starring to the books before them an almost translucent creature as large as they swirling with mist and shadows over their body skulk behind them its arachnid like form presenting a large ledger of obsidian color. Taking the book the man opened it and looked to the glittering borders of gold its amythest letters reflecting upon his pupils. Dipping a Crow's quill to the glittering amythest inkwell Dracos von Nightscape transcribe his words upon the obsidian paper admiring the painstaking amythest borders of the paper etched with a proper protection incase prying eyes decided to gander his personal logs. Soon Dracos began to scribe his words upon the parchment.

"How long have I been down here alone in the darkest depths of Dementlieu’s reaches? Deep in her belly away from the lights of her forbidden city of lies? I find it soothing and calming to be away from the nuances and disparaging customs of the false life of the Port Lucine. I have come to truths that I will never truly be a part of their world. As the shadow in a brilliant city of lies and deceit. I can forgive Boucher for he is a beast and beasts o not know better than their natures of carnal desires. A simpleton at best to the nature of his desires of flesh. Like his predecessor’s time will be his killer my observations have shown he will be prey to his utmost desires no amount of good in s so call false heart will hide the cruelty and lies he hides from himself. Like Remi, Jean, Antole, Ryan, and D'Espereance he will be the maker of his own demise that is the curse of their land after all and in my observations. No doubt his own death will be of his obstinance in the lies of his own supposed honor.

However, I admit the beating he gave me has awoken me. Reminded me of times past and reminded me of so many things of my past. I have put away the person of the meek and humble librarian. His purpose long pass and overdue and my observations of the Baron and his wife no longer of interest. Their own undoing played out as anticipated. Yvette’s use has gone and been rather pointless now she is with child. And I garnered all I can observe and study in the Ovrier. Now all that is left is to avenge the slights due. Yes, that is what he taught me to restore my honor and to restore what is due to me. They have taken from me with given to me what was owed and it is time I am given what is due to me. I have defended his men and protected their gentry and have never been rewarded.

Boucher speaks of honor but he has not held fast to its meaning. A man of empty titles much like the rest. When you have forsaken such titles and lower yourself to be humble as a man of nothing only then do you value the truth of honor. I too was once like him and when I lost it all I learned such things were meaningless before faith in myself and in my morals for what is honor with at the morals to up hold them. We forget with privilege once it is gone what do we have but our honor and that honor is meaningless when our morals are hone.

In due time though in due time. I will show to them that I have kept in reserve for so long. I have let the city think little of me and that is what I wish. For those who think less of you do not expect great things of you. They perceive you no more than a gnat. But a Gnat left uncheck can be a swarm and so in time. I am after all different from them body, mind, and soul. They forget I have lived since the days of Falkovia attacking their cities. The Gendermie have records of me and yet they play me off as no more a pest. In time in due time.

Now however I am fascinated of my new subject Stella Seifert the Egocentric Entertainer. Hmm, this one who garners the attention of populace. From what Creighton spoke of her she is loved by many and from my observations and researches of some people it is clear she requires the attention and admiration of individuals. Perhaps a psychological issue deriving from a traumatic experience from her past. It is apparently clear when confronted or challenged she becomes verbally violent and emotionally unstable. Like most glamourous Divas of Port Lucine this one suffers from Ego Centralism and desires and needs the spot light. I believe I will attend her shows and continue a direct observation of her. If not for my own personal research perhaps she will provide me with some more insight to the psychosis. She insists to be an intellectual but her own self indulgence leads me to believe she will willingly endanger herself and others to indulge her own ambitions.

I must admit Stella Seifert is not captivating or pretty on the eyes. I believe because her soul is the most foul of a woman I seen. As it comes it is a lie of a shell much like her body. When I lay the diamond upon the ground along with what coin I had it was a test of her character and well-being. I must thank Monsieur Arsene for the knowledge of Lamordians and its study. Clearly Stella Seifert has some resentment to her heritage or simply a bad spirited person willing to take a diamond possession from a poor man after admitting she did not wish to make one impoverish. Especially given the nature of Lamordians. It begs many questions and even more for observations.
I did not ever truly understand her show and her reason to challenge and debunk her fellow entertainers and spiritualists. Yet they followed her gross misleading contradictive act like peons watching another idiot making a fool of themselves. I suppose simpletons enjoy watching another simpleton and cannot handle the truth. The fact she herself could not admit to her own farces or be challenged is truth in itself.

Though it caused me much trouble it did reveal that Sacha and Lily-Rose could not keep to their word of honor. And that only they could keep to their lies and themselves. That is fine their other friends have passed and dead men can tell no tales. But dead men can moan in the after-life and I ama  spiritualist myself so there are ways to commune. I only pray that the Avenging Mother the lady of the Night will answer my prayers and see it fit to avenge my many slights. I am well over due and it is time once more for I to return to once whom I was long ago for those before me are long dead and gone and forgotten as I have been. I miss my Mistress and she was wise and now strong in the lessons I given her lessons i myself did not follow. I had followed in the path of friendships and forgotten my old path I had abandon. I left my escape of this wretched land and swore I would one day have my own here in this world. I believe it is time I brought that to fruition and it is time i did so here in the City of Lights. May Noctura reign once more and the Shadows sing my name. May the day be Eclipsed and the pitchest of black blot out the morning lord's heart."

"For Evil to win is for good men to do nothing."

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Depth of Darkness - Lament
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 06:56:12 PM »
Letter of the Heart

Letter to the Palais Dirigent

*A sealed black vellum envelope with a purple wax seal of black dragon infront of a bulwark of quarter square purple, gold, and obsidian adress to the Palais Dirigent main office*

To whom it may Concern,

Bonjour Staff, Council, or the Lady Governor herself I am a foreigner of your city known as Dracos von Nightscape. I have lived in your fair city since the day of the Falkovian occupation, how briefly that was, during the era of the Fox Companys rise and fall and the acts of former BaronJuste  Marceux. I am a humble occupant of your city having worked as a librarian in the Grand Bibliotique for more than four years providing your country's library with books found across the Core and offering my humble wisdom to the man masses of your citizens. When I had fled from the lands of Barovia having mastered the medicinal arts of Apothecary and recognized as a Doctor among their and most part of the Core I found the challenge of recognition in your City estrange and difficult. Regardless I begun anew in your land as it was the most advance and civilized in comparison to a man who has walked from the borders of the Mist into the Core as such lands of Barovia.

I have applied many times for citizenship in your fair country and although not a true citizen attempted to hold myself to the standards of your society and its laws. Abliet it seems a many of those who would judge my character are far from fair or reasonable. I can understand the stringent need to be cautious in letting any into such a civilize society and the care of law ot grant any citizenship. And yet here I am almost five years in your country and still I await from my first letter long ago and on the occasions I can spare from my labors to come to the office to request update on my acceptance to citizenship. I believe I have adequately learned Mordentish and comprehend well the social normalities of your people especially your gentry. I can provide much to your country both in my wisdom, intelligence, and heart as I have on many occasions proven worthy and yet never properly rewarded for my aid to your people and society.

Long ago I had aided your people to safety to the woods beyond Edrigan when the Falkovians dared to harm your people. Among others such as former Red vardo captain Ra'Careheal and Remi of the Fox Company I had provided healing both through Natural and Spiritual means to the wounded of your people and your defenders. Sadly I was captured briefly by the Falkovian and subjected to their cruelity and uncivility. I was blessed to have escaped their encampment during a raid and manage to enter Port Lucine only to be shocked in its momentary take over. Which in concern given the historicals of the many who have been acknowledged by your city as famed most were quite villianous. But, as history shows time and time again Port Lucine survives and learns. From then on I had tried to aid your people though I am a foreign priest I tried to provied healing and wisdom to your people in those dark times. But, my lot and I were subjected by Remi of the Fox Company and the once renoun Jean Renaud falsly accused of being Evil with no evidance other than the word of a madman from Barovia given citizenship along with his wild band known as the Blood Hounds. Thankfully, though few listened to my warnings of this man diagnosis of lunacy, Jean Renaud was finally detained.

From that Era came many attempts among your changing Gendermie to aid them and your people in a peaceful manner. Was it not for the long past Jaochim Schrotter to clear my good name from the accusations of the Fox Company and Jean Renaud I would not be able to contiue in safety and respect aid your people. We're it not for former Gendermie Sargent Antole de le Rochenoir I would not be cleared of the false accusations of experimentations. In turn I provided your Gendermie with free service of Healing and Wisdom to better your people's safety. And yet, sadly, history repeats itself with the maligned and abuse of power. I have stood ground months past to protect the Former Baron of Mousset attacked by a reckless student in the University with my own flesh as sheild and even capturing the assailaint and yet never was I recognized for my bravery or my kindful act. When the Gendermie held the former criminal Felix Toure by command of the Sargent Boucher at the time I was to accompany his contingent and provide healing and protection in which I did dutifully to the people of your city and your defenders. Even before then in defense of the incivil war of noblehouses that would endanger your Ouvrier there after I aided in healing and even giving proper rest with in an Apothecary's capacity to your fallen and the citizen who were criminals of your city.

For the good I have done I know I am not flawless. I have been challenged by the very enforcers of law and yet historically it would seem my wrongful accusers themselves are the fallen of character than myself. A noble man does not seek reward for his good deeds. But, and ambitious man in the good of people does have expectations. And so I ask once more what I may do to become a citizen of your fair city? I have forfieted my former foreign life as Merchant Noble's son to a land such as Barovia. I am a humble physic of natural medicines, a learned scholar of medicines who hopes to attend your fine univeristy, I am a priest of well aligned diety and faith, even a educator of those poor and in need of guidance as I vowed I be. So my glorious host what must I do to obtain citizenship of your fair country as those before like Lexington Grey, Your Arena Champion Teodor, or even as the man Jean Renaud. My desire to be with in a civilized society in comparison what is out there is grand. I will continue to serve as your humble librarian and archivist providing the city and its people with the wisdom and knowledge needed for their betterment until told otherwise. I thank you for your time and please let me know what I must do to obtain my citizenship.

Sincerely, Monsiuer Dracos von Nightscape

Alan Hunter

• Dark Lord
Re: Depth of Darkness
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 12:30:34 PM »
Avenging Amusments

So easy could Dracos work towards avenging the slights by his so call peers in Port Lucine. Yet as he stayed in a confined room in the Governor's Hotel continuing his duties at the Grand Bibliotique he sat in the dim darkness of the room. All windows were covered no light except the puprplish flames of a phospherous candle glowing in a corner. On his desk lay many studies of the divine and medicine now having access to the Universities Consortium of books and knowledges. Though his meager lonewolf act annoyed others he was alone with Xelvos gone to sea and Alusand gone to the grave there was little to do even with his Occultic Baron gone few things entertained him. Though as he sat leaning against the plush chair given his room a hand holding up a hazelnut coffee taking in its sweet aroma nothign satisfied him more than his faith. Oh how did the Avenging Mother repayed the slights done to him as he read of all his peers exploits and fallings. Normally he would not read such dribble like the Goose, the Ruine, or the Duck but they held more facts than the gossip rags of truth in the Noblique. How fortunate it was to be patient and intelligent to allow those with such bitter hearts to ruin themselves and let frought their own undoing.

Dracos' needn't lift a finger he never did. Entirely it was entertaining to observe the falling outs of his oppressors how bemusing it was to the notion they would get under his skin. Yet many times he had to remind himself "Dracos you are not human." sure the Entertainer got under his skin especially with such potential wasting away entertaining ignorant masses. Or the so called Knight of Heroism wasting away in mediocre duties of a hero. Crossing his legs he could not help but feel entertained readign these gossip rags of truth and confirming the truths among social members and papers. The fact they allowed the monster to continue consuming and did nothing even after his polite warning to the Gendermie only broaden his smile. For what was their lives to his? Dracos held longevity he could simply wait for a Noble Bloodline to die out or simply wait to see the bafoonery of thier descendants. Goddess knew some point he would and that all in itself left living as an Archivist and Memory Storer all more entertaining for it was he who has lived passed his foes who writes history and none were so truer than the fools of the Noblique.

A long sip from his coffee and a small but odd chortle came from his lips. dracos laughed mirthly something an old Drow Mistress would of found odd and bemused as he would share the utter irony of it all. Indeed it was good to read. Laying low was fine and when the time came he right the wrongs of those long gone and long forgotten. It happen with the Fox Company, it happen with Jean Renaurd, and it happen with Joachim Schrotter. That was truly the intrigue of Port Lucine when you were a Caliban Elf. All the words and physical harm can be done to you. You all but had to wait patiently for them to destroy themselves so is the humor and nature of human being. Though being as he was DRacos could not help to comprehend the failable nature of humans. He supposed that is why their flickerings of lives were so entertaining watching Squirrels play before a great oak and live in it till you watch the tree break of age and crush them all to the ground.