You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Characters Not Avail in Vault - can I get them back pls?  (Read 711 times)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Characters Not Avail in Vault - can I get them back pls?
« on: October 08, 2021, 01:21:15 AM »
Re-installed NWN: EE (or whatever the latest one is) but the characters are no longer available...

Hignar Bonereaver (Dwf, Ftr 10) cantankerous mercenary crossbow sniper and great sword wielder)
James (John) Umpton (Hmn, Rogue ?, Ftr ?, WM ?) Swordsman par excellence and all round ladies man
Yoshinaka Taira (Ftr 10, WM 7, + ?) Dual katana wielding Samurai of 'Earth'
Godfrey (Bard 10) Platemail clad and proud of it. Battle bard and Purple Dragon Knight... of sorts

There are a few others as well

I hit this issue before in 2019/2020 and one of the team had to move them to a newer log on because the original was reporting 'Key in Use' or similar.

Whats the process to get them back?

Thanks

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
Re: Characters Not Avail in Vault - can I get them back pls?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:58:47 AM »
It is generally case sensitive. You can change your connecting log-in by accessing your settings.tml file in \Documents\Neverwinter Nights\. From there, make sure your login is typed exactly.

[client]
   [client.identity]
      name = "aussiehelaman123"

If your CDKey has changed, you will need a DM to reset your password if you do not know it. If you do know it, there will be a prompt to the right in yellow text instructing you how to input your character password to unlock them for play.

Good luck!

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: Characters Not Avail in Vault - can I get them back pls?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »
My thanks! All is well it seems. Dragged one out of storage.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...