You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Rebellious Familiar won't accept possession.  (Read 945 times)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Rebellious Familiar won't accept possession.
« on: September 21, 2021, 10:34:32 AM »
Where/When: So far, in dungeons whenever there are "a lot" of PC's near. I can't precise the number, but I can say that alone it doesn't happen, but with others around, it does. Regarding specific places, it happened consistently in the Vestibule and in the Ivlis Marsh.

What: When trying to possess the familiar (a pixie) I give the command, the possession occurs, but then breaks. This render the familiar half useless.

How to recreate: Well, it happened consistently with a few people around and didn't happen when I'm alone. May try to log and do that, if you wish.

Ideas: Seems to be related to the amount of people around me, but I saw other players doing the possession. Maybe it is related to the fac that the character is kinda old?
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

inkcorvid

• Dark Power
Re: Rebellious Familiar won't accept possession.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:38:29 AM »
If someone speaks within a certain range of you while you're possessing a familiar, possession will be lost.
Active: Nissa Arden, Chiara Grassini
Shelved: Dindalmogra Ggol, Serinda Takmarin, Lyra Rimewood, Sofie Reiss, Aidelina Gatteux, Odette Sautereau, Livny Skovgaard, Innogen Ashe
Closed: Anjeza Bajramovic, Nim Farboffle

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »
If someone speaks within a certain range of you while you're possessing a familiar, possession will be lost.

That explains everytihng! Thanks, I'll RP this from now on.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Lion El'Jonson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
Could this not be fixed somehow? It makes attempting to RP with a familiar almost impossible.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:55:05 AM »
Could this not be fixed somehow? It makes attempting to RP with a familiar almost impossible.
You can do @familiar speak {Type what you want the Familiar to say or emote}

Lion El'Jonson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 11:34:02 AM »
You can do @familiar speak {Type what you want the Familiar to say or emote}
Sure, that'd work, I just like the idea of possessing a familiar and running it a long distance to deliver a message on behalf of the wizard.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »

This is hardcoded. Meaning we do not have access to correct it. The best option at this time is to file reports to Beamdog in the hope that they one day address the issue.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 11:04:32 PM »
Not sure if beamdog will fix something that is a bug specific to Ravenloft server scripts that apply when someone speaks.

Didn't have this issue using a raven to lure a random to save my wizard on another server, and bantering with a faerie dragon on another.

A dev would have to send them the scripts you use and the quirk of code that cancels out possession.