Author Topic: Mining Pick and Handaxe.  (Read 544 times)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Mining Pick and Handaxe.
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:00 AM »
I was going to put in the system wishlist, but I'm not sure if I'm wrong (and a little far from testing and discovering), but do crafted pickaxes work with the bonus to mine of the mining pick?

And if not, can this be implemented?

I mean, it would be nice RP wise to have a miner PC who both fight and mine with his weapon.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
Re: Mining Pick and Handaxe.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »
I was going to put in the system wishlist, but I'm not sure if I'm wrong (and a little far from testing and discovering), but do crafted pickaxes work with the bonus to mine of the mining pick?

And if not, can this be implemented?

I mean, it would be nice RP wise to have a miner PC who both fight and mine with his weapon.

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but in my experiences of testing this over the years crafted pickaxes sadly do not seem to produce as much ore as normal pickaxes. Though I admit i have not tried it lately

mappinger

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but in my experiences of testing this over the years crafted pickaxes sadly do not seem to produce as much ore as normal pickaxes.

I have always assumed that is intentional since woodcutter's axe (tools) are more effecient that hand axes (weapon) for lumber, providing an extra dimension that tools are better for non-combat projects.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:56:16 AM »
I have always assumed that is intentional since woodcutter's axe (tools) are more effecient that hand axes (weapon) for lumber, providing an extra dimension that tools are better for non-combat projects.

Indeed; pickaxes/handaxes/scythes/etc. are tools that were adapted for combat; as such what they gain in combat efficiency they lose in their original purpose.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 12:44:06 PM »

Indeed; pickaxes/handaxes/scythes/etc. are tools that were adapted for combat; as such what they gain in combat efficiency they lose in their original purpose.

Thats what I thought, thanks EO for clarifying!