You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Account Recovery  (Read 850 times)

Artimus

• New to the Mists
Account Recovery
« on: September 15, 2021, 05:45:30 AM »
I downloaded a new version of the game on a new computer.  I haven't played in quite a few years.  Is it possible to recover my old characters?  Thank you.

tylernwn

• Dark Lord
Re: Account Recovery
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:09:44 AM »
I downloaded a new version of the game on a new computer.  I haven't played in quite a few years.  Is it possible to recover my old characters?  Thank you.

Do you remember your account name, or the name of some of your characters? I imagine a DM would need one of these to try and locate your account. But you will need help from a DM.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:12:07 AM by tylernwn »

Artimus

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 11:55:51 AM »

Do you remember your account name, or the name of some of your characters? I imagine a DM would need one of these to try and locate your account. But you will need help from a DM.

I think so, but my characters may have been archived.  Is in-game the best place to get help?  I figured this would be the right place.

Cassius

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 12:04:59 PM »

I think so, but my characters may have been archived.  Is in-game the best place to get help?  I figured this would be the right place.
It's unlikely they've been archived. What you should do is when you try to access the server is to input your login name associated with the old character(s) and then you should see them. When you access them you're likely going to be prompted for your password, and if you forgot it a DM can help you out in-game.