Author Topic: CCC possible additions?  (Read 473 times)

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
CCC possible additions?
« on: September 05, 2021, 06:51:38 PM »
Hello,
So I was looking through the NeverWinter vault earlier today and I found some neat options in the various Custom Content Challenges. So here are some of the ones I found that were neat.

Custom Content Challenge: September 2017: Noble Cause.
These robe options would be great. I don't know if the Hildago, Jester, noble lady, and queen are models or clothing options, but I would love those robe options for characters.

Custom Content Challenge: September 2018: Hot Desert Stuff
A number of neat options, principally what got me intrigued where the gnome/dwarf heads and the character models(assuming they are clothing options). The weapons are neat as well.

The Underdark Society one has some other robe options that look neat for drow. There are a few others like the Urban Adventures, Ninjas and Kung Fu, Bards and Artists, and Repairs & Reboots, that have some various clothing options but not sure if they are attached to models or are options. The Remakes and Reboot one looks like we have used the Gypsy female as a female clothing option but not the gypsy rogue or the tribesman options(assuming they are even possible)

So thoughts, are any of these options doable or possible, and if so what are the thoughts on getting them in?  :)

Bouquet of Lotuses

• Undead Slayer
Re: CCC possible additions?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:44 PM »
+1
Else Dvornikov - Akolyte of the Tyrant

Church of the Lawgiver - Sign up for tyranny today!

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 06:55:38 PM »
Whenever suggesting content, first test to see if it works properly (if it's clothing, different phenotypes/races/genders, if it's placeables/creature appearances, see how they work). This will increase the odds that someone in the team actually decides to pick it up. Throwing links of content you haven't even checked yourself is not particularly helpful.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 04:36:59 PM »
So... I took a brief look over all of this.

Other than the above, here, the rest of this is just creature appearances and horses, on all three packs. Those appearances won't affect players, but NPCs, and they are very inconsistent on their quality compared and alongside to other NWN models. They look goofy, in otherwords, like a 3D-Scan texture.

The only clothing additions are the above, and it's very similar across all three of the packs. They aren't particularly spectacular, being one robe model that has been retextured a few dozen times, and the robe model itself looks a bit funny when combined with arm models from CEP because the textures are two different colors. If it were up to me, I wouldn't add this; All three packs add awesome creature appearances for the travelers and the nomads, but fall extremely short on the player-side for item customization, which is the primary point of adding these in.

It also doesn't help that the designs of the dresses are extremely modern-inspired. We can't really help what NWN misguidedly gave us from the outset, but it doesn't mean we should add on to it. These would fit a D20 Modern server better.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »
Do they even work with the larger phenotypes or just the thin ones?
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.