Author Topic: Mismatched XP Loss when Enchanting Bow  (Read 443 times)

Death

• Undead Slayer
Mismatched XP Loss when Enchanting Bow
« on: September 03, 2021, 06:42:51 PM »
My character enchanted an Ash Carcass Eater Spine bow earlier today. The cost of xp loss was said to be 12000, but she lost 18000. I'll provide an image here for clarification.

I'm not sure if this is only specific to this type of bow, or if it also affects others.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Mismatched XP Loss when Enchanting Bow
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 06:54:31 PM »
Experience points are obfuscated on this server. You will notice your character sheet only displays experience for complete levels. What has happened is losing 12000 xp was enough for you to lose a level, causing your sheet to update with the xp loss for an entire level. If you have enough experience points banked in your current level that enchanting does not cause you to lose a level, you will not even see an experience points lost message.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Mismatched XP Loss when Enchanting Bow
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 07:03:09 PM »
A simple example: Let's say you are level 2 with a total xp bank of 2500. Your character sheet will display that you have 1000 xp, as that is the amount required to reach level 2. The remaining 1500 is your progress toward level 3, and is hidden from you. You can get a feel for the progress between levels by reading the messages that are displayed when you rest, but the actual number is not shown.

Now assume you are somehow able to enchant an item at level 2 that costs 2000 xp. 2500 - 2000 = 500. Since this is enough of a loss to drop you below the 1000 xp requirement for level 2, you will see a message saying you have lost 1000 xp, and your sheet will display Level 1 with 0 xp, even though you still have 500 xp banked toward level 2.

If the cost to enchant was 1500 or less, you would remain level 2 and you wouldn't see an xp loss message.