You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43319 times)

Grandeur Accepted

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2023, 03:54:24 AM »
A Red Vardo Traders exclusive bank to store gold. Suggested fee: 2%.
Éléonore de Ambroiseux-Tabouillot

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2023, 08:50:14 AM »

Would make sense.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »

Would make sense.

It might, but on the other hand, does the RVT need even more faction exclusive perks? Access to best in slot ninjalooting stuff, the ability to print money on a whim, as well as in built faction relevance... If anything, the % should be higher, at least 10 to make it equal to the PaL bank and simulate them paying their dues to the family for the faction's actual operations. And the convenience would still be there by having a shared account between Barovia and Dloo. I just think that a low % is asking for having a cake while eating it as well, over and over.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:00:42 AM by bloodless »

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #353 on: February 19, 2023, 09:19:36 AM »
You mean the faction advantages that have been virtually negated by new drops or craftables for the best ninjalooting classes?

A Red Vardo bank makes sense because it would mean that agents give their money to the company, instead of the Barovian or Dementlieuse government. Maybe 2% is too low, but 10% would be pointless; savvy people who don't worry about OCR already store cash in Barovia.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #354 on: February 19, 2023, 09:28:16 AM »
That others can only now after what... 15 years? More? Achieve parity through expense does not negate the faction perk of just having this stuff. I think the convenience of this being a multi-domain thing akin to the RVT storage would already be plenty beneficial without giving it further mechanical, cost-saving benefits. Besides, we saw how Strahd acted the last time dodging taxes was brought up, it's a pretty recent IC happening that the RVT was not spared from. I doubt the CoB would look any more kindly to such shenanigans on their own soil either, so it can't be something that is flaunted or too talked about.

Then there's of course the argument that why should a one faction get both storage and a bank where roleplaying hubs and factions do not. Looking at you, Dvergeheim. Degannwy.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #355 on: February 19, 2023, 09:38:49 AM »
Who cares that it took a dozen years for loot drops to match Red Vardo gear? They do now. If it makes sense for any factions to invent cross-country banking, it's the trading factions -- just like in real life. "Further cost-benefits?" That sounds exactly like an IC reason to do it! Taxes aren't a problem, they just factor into the final %, which is really, really low in Barovia to anyone with low OCR.

When you start objecting to ideas that make complete IC sense and then suggest that Degannwy, an elven grove, should have a bank, you need to take a step back and realise that you're approaching this from far too OOC a perspective. (A bank in Dvergeheim probably does make sense, though.)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 09:41:08 AM by Madame Trousers Son »

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2023, 09:41:40 AM »
My main consideration is OOC, yes. I do factor in the IC of it, but it is not my first priority. Still, I don't really have more to contribute to this idea, and this isn't really the thread to discuss, merely wishlist, so that's all I'll say about that.

Kleomenes

• Dark Power
« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
A red vardo bank with a lower rate of tax would give a margin for the RVT PCs to offer banking services to PCs. That opens up a lot of interesting RP IMO!

DM Locust

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2023, 10:02:43 AM »
A red vardo bank with a lower rate of tax would give a margin for the RVT PCs to offer banking services to PCs. That opens up a lot of interesting RP IMO!

I like the way you think!

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=51428.msg757670#msg757670

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »
I think the RVT getting their own bank is a neat idea, Though the one concern I have is unlike item trades, Banks sort of need to be accessed at all times. Which is the case with the current banks we have in Dementliue/Barovia/Hazlan. So if there is no RVT around then anyone with funds stored there would have difficulty recovering them and I know how hard it is to get hold of an RVT sometimes. The option is to make it a cross domain bank the players can access via the same UI that most banks have. But that sort of defeats the purpose. There is also the mechanical issue that if it is hidden behind the locked RVT doors, An entirely new system to seperate out peoples accounts would be required which is a lot of Dev work for something minor. Again not against this just considering what issues might exist for such a thing.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2023, 11:02:48 AM »
What's wrong with the bank the RVT already has in-game?

It's not said anywhere they have to give its members preferential rates. Beside, of all player groups they are the ones that least need it in these days and age of inflation. And I can't imagine all the unreasonable requests we'd get from other factions if we were to give them their own private bank.

RVT already provides financial services of a sort anyway. And I'm sure they'll be willing to "safekeep" your gold if you hand it over to them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 11:06:38 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Grandeur Accepted

• Undead Master
« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2023, 02:18:50 PM »
What's wrong with the bank the RVT already has in-game?

It's not said anywhere they have to give its members preferential rates. Beside, of all player groups they are the ones that least need it in these days and age of inflation. And I can't imagine all the unreasonable requests we'd get from other factions if we were to give them their own private bank.

RVT already provides financial services of a sort anyway. And I'm sure they'll be willing to "safekeep" your gold if you hand it over to them.

They don't have a bank in-game, they have item storage (as does every official faction). However, they are the only official faction where it makes sense for them to have a private bank, as a trading organization. And why would they not have their own bank? Or why would their members not have a preferential rate? It's only logical that they would have it since they consider each other a part of "the Family."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 02:20:25 PM by and a dark wind blows »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2023, 06:03:04 PM »
Oh but they do, the RVT controls the bank in the drain. It's just not in the players hands. But the point remains, we have a sufficient amount of banks in game. We're not giving one with preferential rates to the most rich faction around.
Best Regards!
MAB

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2023, 08:11:27 PM »
With the recent streaming changes including a colored name:

could this be extended to LFRP mode?  Perhaps a green name to indicate this?  This will make it easier to tell who is looking for RP and who aren't.

I'm not sure if THIS is possible, but could LFRP mode be made to last through resets? It is a major PITA sometimes given the server's propensity for crashing and restarting.

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2023, 11:25:08 PM »
another LFRP idea

it should also alert other players in LFRP when a playing in LFRP mode joins the server

this way it is more obvious when people are, well, Looking For RolePlay

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

Branchie

• The Summer Druidess
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2023, 05:07:29 PM »
Speaking of the recent discussions for faction stuff.

Would the Wayfarer Kinship be able to get access to a Bookshelf to store physical files and books (I believe there was a discussion about it at some point?), or a faction storage area in the basement? Both make sense in the context of the Lodge and the activities of the faction, and we've ran into many situations where said storage would definitely be useful as ICly it makes more sense to store it in the Lodge, a safer location which has defenses and kin in it, rather than the Vallaki Werehouse or all the way in Port-A-Lucine.

Dardonas

« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2023, 04:19:35 AM »
Could it be possible that we make the Arandur (sonic metal) give mind affecting saves rather than saves vs. sonic on armor?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2023, 05:38:52 AM »
Could it be possible that we make the Arandur (sonic metal) give mind affecting saves rather than saves vs. sonic on armor?

As ever, our intent is to match the 3e source material as is reasonable. Though it is a fact we did alter it so that arandur weapons get sonic damage bonus instead of keen edge (a game balance issue), the property vs sonic is closer to source material than is a save vs mind-affecting spells. It already benefits from universal saving throws once enchanted and plenty of other mind-affecting protection items exists.

That isn't to say that we're not willing to review the properties of crafted armors in general, though it isn't in the cards right now and Arandur would retain sonic related properties.
Best Regards!
MAB

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2023, 01:57:43 PM »
Weapon finesse for the dire wolf animal companion, or the dexterity progression it has changed to strength.

The default companion starts at 18 str 15 dex 13 con, and it would make sense for it to either level up to become closer & surpass the default dire wolf statistics of 25 str 15 dex 17 con as it grows up with the druid, or to have weapon finesse alongside its unique dexterity training.

While normally dire wolves dont have weapon finesse in the d20 srd, neither does their dexterity score surpass their strength. The dire wolf animal companion score & progression seems to be a NWN invention over the "typical" animal stats D&D would have.

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/direWolf.htm
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 02:16:45 PM by zDark Shadowz »

blackpage

• The Underworld
  • Outlander
  • The Bottom is the Top
« Reply #369 on: March 02, 2023, 11:43:26 AM »
It would be cool to be able to save multiple versions of a rental, similar how to disguise functions. One extra slot so it couldnt be abused or anything, would save some time decorating/switching things for different events and scenarios

@rental save 1
@rental apply 1 ect

It could even be incredibly costly gold wise to do this, just a thought.
Vrutha - Stink CEO / Botany Queen Supreme

Arsinia Catulus - Bloodreaver

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #370 on: March 02, 2023, 12:17:39 PM »
It would be cool to be able to save multiple versions of a rental, similar how to disguise functions. One extra slot so it couldnt be abused or anything, would save some time decorating/switching things for different events and scenarios

@rental save 1
@rental apply 1 ect

Anything that can alleviate the job of spawning rentals is welcome...

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #371 on: March 02, 2023, 12:18:45 PM »

@rental save 1
@rental apply 1 ect

Unfortunately this won't happen for performance reasons.

Grandeur Accepted

• Undead Master
« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2023, 04:22:12 PM »
It's been ruled by a DM in the past that some NPCs in Port would have See Invisibility and outcasts should be wary about passing through the city, or probably shouldn't at all. Would it be possible to script into some NPCs the ability to cast See Invisibility on themselves? For example, all of the legerdermaine NPCs. Perhaps we could get some Gendarme Mages that patrol around and cast it on itself? Maybe the occassional noble will cast it on themself?

I think by not having them have See Invisibility on, it promotes people running through the city invisible as outcasts, which I feel is ignoring NPCs given the above ruling. There are plenty of ways to navigate through the city now in the sewers and around the outside of the city for Outcasts that would be disruptive, after all.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:28:55 PM by and a dark wind blows »

Grandeur Accepted

• Undead Master
« Reply #373 on: March 13, 2023, 12:00:02 AM »
The ability to slow your movement speed via the @walk command to something below 100% movement speed. As an optional system to use, this would be useful in representing injuries to one's legs or simply being old.

Example:

@walk slow

or

@walk # where # represents the percentage out of one hundred of your movement speed

Enterthevoid

• New to the Mists
« Reply #374 on: March 13, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »
Currently the bone dice model is a bag when placed in the world. Could you give the dice these models?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:31:10 PM by Enterthevoid »