You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43326 times)

fullgazz

• New to the Mists
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2023, 11:24:42 AM »
Add a sort of kemo storage packet to have a DB for items stored and do not need to carry "tickets " in the bag.
The current system purposefully does not make use of a DB because of the performance issues it would cause.

Add a language packet that really translate the text to the language chosen, also appears the translation for those who have the skill.
This was seriously considered when the language system was devised, but in the end we elected to go with a more player-friendly system.

Thank you for the attention

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2023, 11:47:20 AM »
Would it be possible to add/extend the area of the front gate of the Red Academy so that the gate door doesn't open right on top of the transition? It's hard to control the NPCs to get out, especially given how buggy the gate is.

Herkles got you covered on this. Should be in next update.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2023, 12:03:30 PM »
I would like to see ship and ferry travel to be like the Vistani wagon system.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2023, 02:39:40 PM »
The ability to toggle on/off the triggering of emote animations through text. e.g. [falls], [prays] via the rest menu.

A little annoying having my character flop down like a fish just because my emote included "fall" which had nothing to do with the character falling over.

As of next update, emote animations will only fire when the word is preceded by an asterisk (*), eg [*falls down].

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2023, 03:03:19 PM »
The ability to toggle on/off the triggering of emote animations through text. e.g. [falls], [prays] via the rest menu.

A little annoying having my character flop down like a fish just because my emote included "fall" which had nothing to do with the character falling over.

As of next update, emote animations will only fire when the word is preceded by an asterisk (*), eg [*falls down].

^-^ :cookie:

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2023, 07:16:13 AM »
Huzzah!

Dardonas

« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2023, 10:10:56 PM »
Would it be possible to allow players to set a custom text to trigger in rentals when you walk into them? Just a general flavor description.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2023, 10:29:38 PM »
Would it be possible to allow players to set a custom text to trigger in rentals when you walk into them? Just a general flavor description.

The stank of this stanky stank hut overwhelms the senses. You can taste the stank. You can almost see the stank as it rises from the stanky floors.

+1 I really like this idea.

VoraciousD

• New to the Mists
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2023, 03:17:56 PM »
Going back on the allow/disallow alchemy and woodworking to make batch production, would it be possible to have something like:

-Craft lvl 1-10 max batch 1
-Craft lvl 11-20 max batch 2
-Craft lvl 21-30 max batch 3
and so on

of course with numbers tweaked as developers/testers see more fit.
This way you don't allow people to mass produce stuff, but still help out a lot who decides to invest heavily in such crafts.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2023, 03:30:09 AM »

that would be really cool, and a potential placeable saver...

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2023, 11:41:25 AM »
Since I am starting to have a hard time switching back and forth languages, can we have color coded language tags before dialogue textes, instead of having them all the same? At least the most common and those where there is a hub, Balok high (and low) mordentish and Vaasan

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Anthaxious

• New to the Mists
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2023, 11:59:11 AM »
Since I am starting to have a hard time switching back and forth languages, can we have color coded language tags before dialogue textes, instead of having them all the same? At least the most common and those where there is a hub, Balok high (and low) mordentish and Vaasan

+1

would be nice to revisit the language system entirely at somepoint, but for now, adding colour coded tags would be great.

Grandeur Accepted

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2023, 10:41:31 PM »
I would support colored language tags for the supported "hub" languages and the other popularly used ones.

Bal, HM, LM, Vas, Sc/Elf come to mind.
Éléonore de Ambroiseux-Tabouillot

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2023, 02:20:35 AM »
Uh forgot about Elf/Sc, good catch!

Of course since there are way more languages than operable colors the languages can be can grouped when they are inter intelligible

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2023, 04:06:00 AM »
If you had a color for elf you should add one to all of the others racials. Same for hazlani since its a hub with factions.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2023, 06:47:58 AM »
I would support colored language tags for the supported "hub" languages and the other popularly used ones.

Bal, HM, LM, Vas, Sc/Elf come to mind.

If we implement it it'd only be for specific domain languages, not the racial ones as there's technically an infinite amount of possible languages. That being said, colors are a pain to set up so I'm not sure it's really worth the trouble. You can look at the discussion on OOC colors. It's not something I want to go through again personally.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #341 on: February 10, 2023, 06:57:25 AM »
if it's only domain languages we are looking at what? five colors? balok mordentish vaasan sithican/elf and akiri?
light brown, light blue, red, pink and yellow

:)

Character List:

Marph - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2023, 07:13:03 AM »
if it's only domain languages we are looking at what? five colors? balok mordentish vaasan sithican/elf and akiri?
light brown, light blue, red, pink and yellow

:)

It’s not as simple as that as colors have to be visible against all backgrounds (day/night, snow/grass/cobbles/desert/etc) and with different player settings. Again I encourage you to look at the discussion that took place when we added OOC coloring.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #343 on: February 10, 2023, 07:36:52 AM »
I do understand that, i remember the discussion, but there we talked about whole sentences of text which need to be fully readable, here we talking about a tag.

On Arelith (yeah sorry it's the oly other server I know) every single language has its own color code and i can think of at least a dozen of them but they might be even more.

Five language codes can be slapped as a test for a bit and see how it goes?

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2023, 07:50:28 AM »
A way for players who would not like to be streamed to let other players know in game that they do not welcome the intrusion to their personal privacy.

They should not feel the need to walk away from a scene because others are streaming. Not should they have to //ooc announce it when they are walking into a room.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #345 on: February 10, 2023, 09:19:41 AM »
A way for players who would not like to be streamed to let other players know in game that they do not welcome the intrusion to their personal privacy.

They should not feel the need to walk away from a scene because others are streaming. Not should they have to //ooc announce it when they are walking into a room.

I understand and share the sentiment, but a middle ground had to be settled upon to be fair for all. Our rules cover in what circumstances and where it is permitted.

The "@streaming list" command (soon to be implemented), will list who are the active streamers and in which areas. So at the very least you will know what areas to avoid.

In circumstances and locations where consent is normally assumed.
You may, gently, ask the streamer to end the stream, but there is no obligation to comply. It will be your choice to either accept the stream or leave the scene if the streamer does not wish to end it.

In any circumstances where consent is required.
The streamer has the obligation to end the stream upon request.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 09:21:55 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #346 on: February 10, 2023, 09:55:07 AM »
I do understand that, i remember the discussion, but there we talked about whole sentences of text which need to be fully readable, here we talking about a tag.

On Arelith (yeah sorry it's the oly other server I know) every single language has its own color code and i can think of at least a dozen of them but they might be even more.

Five language codes can be slapped as a test for a bit and see how it goes?
      Just bold coloring the language tags shouldn't be negatively impactful, I agree.

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2023, 05:25:41 AM »
Would it be possible to have a way to put longer text than what fits in the chatbox as a disguise's description? I was thinking perhaps something like we have for the @description add "xyz". The only workaround I have found so far is to apply the disguise, then use @description, but that requires doing it everytime you have to apply the disguise since it doesn't save.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2023, 06:11:57 AM »
Would it be possible to have a way to put longer text than what fits in the chatbox as a disguise's description? I was thinking perhaps something like we have for the @description add "xyz". The only workaround I have found so far is to apply the disguise, then use @description, but that requires doing it everytime you have to apply the disguise since it doesn't save.
Yes please. +1

Grandeur Accepted

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2023, 11:21:50 AM »
The ability to make improved bandages/healers kits via tailoring using just base cloths (silk, linen, cotton, wool).
Éléonore de Ambroiseux-Tabouillot