You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43318 times)

Vantes-

• Undead Master
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2023, 04:59:11 PM »
I completely changed my emoting style to avoid accidentally falling on my face during scenes. A toggle would have been nice.
Active: Vahn Stanek
Others: Aelas Telenseer, Fenn Yrren
Closured: Adan Elandi

jimkaf

• Always wanted to be the One, True,
  • Dark Lord
  • U RP WRONG
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2023, 05:37:33 PM »
I too would love a toggle or if not possible at least changing the "fall(s)" trigger to something else.
Active PC: Skender Vacarescu [NWN Portrait Download]

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »
since we are on the subject, here are some suggestions for words that, depending on context, can mean the same thing as [falls]

slump/slumped (her head slumped as she looked down to the ground, defeated)
settle/settled (her eyes settled to the man sitting accross from her)
sinks/sunk (her head sunk mournfully)
drop/dropped (His arms dropped to his sides)
rest (they let their gaze rest on the strange creature)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2023, 09:01:44 PM »
I'll consider the alternatives, in the meantime here are the key words that trigger emotes. Consider these as strings, not words. If you misspell a word but it still starts with these characters it will trigger the emote.

arms crossed
begs
bowing
bows
cast
cheering
cheers
chuckl
collaps
confused
cover ears
covering head
covers head
crosses arms
crossing arms
crouch
dodg (also triggers a dodge check)
drunk
duck (also triggers a dodge check)
evad (dalso triggers a odge check)
exhaust
fall
fall back
gazes
gazing
glanc* left
glanc* right
grab
grappl (also triggers a grapple check)
greet
grinning
grins
hold chin
hold ears
kneel
laugh
lies down
look* left
look* right 
lying down
meditat
nod
picking up
picks up
play (conditional on having a musical instrument in hand)
pointing
puzzled
read (excluding ready)
rub chin
salut
scold
scout
scratch chin
scratches head
shoot (also triggers a ranged touch attack roll)
sits
sleep
slips (used alone)
slips in *
* slips
smok
snatch
snicker
spasm
stands
steal
takes cover
taking cover
talk
taunt
threat
tired
wav (excluding wav* along and wav* over)
worship
yawn
yell
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Dardonas

« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2023, 09:12:56 PM »
Reuseable templates (similar to the ones that exist for woodworking) that would allow batch production, maybe at a slight production loss from doing it all individually.

Example: Recipe for bulk sawing
Ingredients: 5x of a wood chunk
Yield: 8 wooden planks/poles

or

Example: Recipe for bulk smelting
Ingredients: 20x of a raw ore
Yield: 18 ingots

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2023, 09:46:20 PM »
Reuseable templates (similar to the ones that exist for woodworking) that would allow batch production, maybe at a slight production loss from doing it all individually.

Example: Recipe for bulk sawing
Ingredients: 5x of a wood chunk
Yield: 8 wooden planks/poles

or

Example: Recipe for bulk smelting
Ingredients: 20x of a raw ore
Yield: 18 ingots

For sawing: I could agree.

For smelting: No. You can already smelt 10 at a time. (If not more in case of steel etc). I don't think that needs a "buff". As someone that's mastered smithing on multiple PC's, this would just serve to extremely annoy me
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal. Chen Mei
Shelved: Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Nephros Ekret, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2023, 10:17:04 PM »
I could get behind a sawmill that would just do it all in one go for less or no XP (since you may already have enough levels that there's no point any more to be doing it individually for practice).

Dardonas

« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2023, 07:42:41 PM »
Could Hazlan get a carpentry/woodworking vendor and woodworking area? One of the main exports of the region is lumber.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2023, 07:43:41 PM »
Could Hazlan get a carpentry/woodworking vendor and woodworking area? One of the main exports of the region is lumber.

+1

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2023, 08:01:55 AM »
1. Allow miners bags to store crafted arrowheads.
2. Allow crafting of arrowheads to go in big bundles, like 5, 10 or 20 at the time.

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2023, 02:33:15 PM »
Almost certainly a hard no, but I've seen it several places, and it looks like alot of fun...

Rapier Wit (3.5e Feat) [General]
Your tongue strikes keener than any blade and your words cut deep.
Prerequisite: Charisma 17+
Benefit: You use your Charisma bonus instead of your Strength bonus for the purposes of determining Attack rolls ONLY with a Rapier.
Normal: Add Strength to Attack rolls.

Kind of useless unless you make Charisma your focus, but I could imagine some interesting builds with Bards, Paladins/BG, Hexblades, Warlocks and even Sorcerors...

Clerics and Favored Souls as well...

A bit like Weapon Finesse or Zen Archery, but for Charisma, and for Rapiers only.

Just throwing it out there...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:46:10 PM by strangerinthealps »

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2023, 02:39:17 PM »
While neat, we'd have to first fix Finesse to give Dex bonus to damage if greater than Str, which it currently doesn't. It only works for AB.

strangerinthealps

• Undead Master
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2023, 02:40:20 PM »
While neat, we'd have to first fix Finesse to give Dex bonus to damage if greater than Str, which it currently doesn't. It only works for AB.

Good call, and I think the version I played with only did AB, not damage. Ammended!

Damage would be too much.

Dardonas

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2023, 02:41:51 PM »
Could the ferry in Sithicus be made so that it is free to use for any Sithican grey elf PCs? 200 gold back and forth is expensive for lower level PCs.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2023, 08:13:13 PM »

Why fixing? It works as intended, there's no bug there. That's how it works in PnP and NwN.

Hazlani wood is actually notoriously bad, which is why we don't have any woodworking stations in Hazlan. Ideally we would make the Hazlani trees offer poor crafting ingredients but it's not particularly worth it so we represent it with a lack of stations:

The scrub trees of the plains are largely stunted pines, while in the west one finds the larger pines of Itu Skoven, "The Broken Forest". Much like Nova Vaasan timber, the wood harvested from the pines of the Broken Forest rots quickly, making it useless for construction. Trees grow at the extreme western edge of Hazlan, where the Hornwood Vale lies as well. The trees of Hornwood are afflicted with a strange parasite that causes hornlike growths to spout from trunks and branches and also renders them unfit for construction.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2023, 08:30:41 PM »
Why fixing? It works as intended, there's no bug there. That's how it works in PnP and NwN.

I meant that in reference to the original suggestion to a Cha version of the same, though you're right that "change" would have been the better word choice. I'm aware this is working as intended.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2023, 06:29:52 AM »
Currently Petre pays for fur and pelts from animals quite a lot of coin, but the actual meat is nearly worthless.
In the context of the setting, I would argue that it should rather be the other way around with meat being a rare meal for the common classes.

Therefore it may be an idea to add meat to the items Petre pays some decent coin for.
This would also remove a lot of animal corpses that may impact server performance

The counter argument I would add myself is that leaving the meat on dead animals will bring an opportunity for RP with ranger/druids that may use this as an opportunity for confrontation. However, as someone who has jumped on that train for several years I can say that it rarely makes a good scene, especially since its often new players who are not that understanding of why some random ranger or druid gets in their face. In addition, excessive hunting can still result in confrontation without people leaving the meat.

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2023, 06:43:12 AM »
I don't think we need to be double-dipping on the income from hunting.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle de le Foret - Ezrite escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Sarabeth d'Gagne - Ghastrian artist
Sabina Ennaies - Barovian road warden

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2023, 06:54:05 AM »
I don't think we need to be double-dipping on the income from hunting.

The profits could be split, its more about the issue of corpses left everywhere and meat being worthless

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
Could the ferry in Sithicus be made so that it is free to use for any Sithican grey elf PCs? 200 gold back and forth is expensive for lower level PCs.

I think that's in the plans for the next Sithicus update.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2023, 11:27:55 PM »
Would it be possible to add a ''Vallaki Guard Dog'' in the ''Barovia - Vallaki - Lower town - Slums - Guardhouse''. It would be much more convenient to take control of it and it would avoid asking a DM every time to put one there.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:22:17 PM by Irumi »

Dardonas

« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2023, 08:54:00 PM »
Would it be possible to add/extend the area of the front gate of the Red Academy so that the gate door doesn't open right on top of the transition? It's hard to control the NPCs to get out, especially given how buggy the gate is.

fullgazz

• New to the Mists
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2023, 10:29:56 PM »
Add a language packet that really translate the text to the language chosen, also appears the translation for those who have the skill.

fullgazz

• New to the Mists
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2023, 10:32:32 PM »
Add a sort of kemo storage packet to have a DB for items stored and do not need to carry "tickets " in the bag.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #324 on: January 28, 2023, 12:39:13 AM »
Add a sort of kemo storage packet to have a DB for items stored and do not need to carry "tickets " in the bag.
The current system purposefully does not make use of a DB because of the performance issues it would cause.

Add a language packet that really translate the text to the language chosen, also appears the translation for those who have the skill.
This was seriously considered when the language system was devised, but in the end we elected to go with a more player-friendly system.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.