Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43322 times)

Vallaki Justice

• Undead Master
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2022, 09:52:15 PM »
Can we have a tailoring embroidery option for fire resist? Prior to the tailoring update, tailors could make Fire Snake Lined cloth armors which gave fire resistance. With the update, there is no longer an option for such.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2022, 10:25:11 PM »
For tailoring? There is a fire resist option. Not sure if it can be applied to other armors though.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2022, 11:09:26 PM »
He is actually right. There is no fire resistance options for tailoring, there are saving throw bonuses vs it.

It is however on purpose that it is not offered on tailoring items. Not all crafts provide the same bonuses. I suggest you invest in fire varnishes.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2022, 07:20:12 AM »
Ice varnishes if you want fire resistance!

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2022, 04:27:51 AM »
Oops yeah lapsus
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2022, 01:17:09 AM »
Could we add a new @ command for controlling familiars/summons, specifically to toggle their use of combat modes on or off?  Something along the lines of @animal/dominate/familiar/npc/summon combat on
@animal/dominate/familiar/npc/summon combat off
The toggle would be persistent until changed, similar to how languages are toggled on and off. 

It is annoying watching the stock AI attempt to use power attack repeatedly and not hit anything.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

Skelni

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
  • You can always contact me
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2022, 09:16:40 PM »
Any chance we can get an emote added of the Knockdown animation, where the player model is on their knees (like the prayer animation) with their arms by their side? It's a pretty handy one for a lot of situations where you don't just want your hands next to your face and you're constantly bobbing your head.
Active: Vorrala Dalael

Shelved: Dirge Driftwood - Jezebel Redcherry - Silf Argyros - Ledewif Oberholtz

Closured: Razik Slepnel - Azaulia Curantus - Gavril Dragnea

softdrink

• Undead Slayer
  • Power Overflowing
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »
Any chance we can get an emote added of the Knockdown animation, where the player model is on their knees (like the prayer animation) with their arms by their side? It's a pretty handy one for a lot of situations where you don't just want your hands next to your face and you're constantly bobbing your head.

This would be nice to have

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2022, 08:16:39 PM »
Can Shadow Asp familiars use the new model for Shadow Asps that are in the Temple of Thoth and other places?

Sure. I'll change their appearance in the next hak update.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2022, 08:29:21 PM »
Saving placeable config for a rental onto a key, which would persist even if the key expires.

This would be a nice way to cut down work for certain repeat events, as dealing with unfortunate crashes/absences/etc.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Grandeur Accepted

• Theatre de la Cathedrale
  • Undead Master
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2022, 01:55:14 PM »
Trash barrels in the bank in Port-a-Lucine because people leave their trash on the countertops.
Éléonore de Ambroiseux-Tabouillot

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2022, 11:30:48 PM »
Hireable waiters/refreshment staff NPCs -- in other words, level 1 NPCs who can follow PCs around certain areas (e.g. to safe areas in Dementlieu and Vallaki), and have access to a trade inventory to sell refreshments/food.

I guess rather than try to control how these NPCs are used via code, they could come with an OOC warning when hired to not use them in silly, atmosphere-breaking ways (e.g. getting them killed fighting rats in the sewers), so that people would know to use them responsibly.

It's useful to have your own NPCs to organise events; while the job can theoretically be done by PCs, I don't think most players look to log on to play a bar job (sure, some do, but not a lot). It'd be a useful option and a further gold sink that adds something to the game, and IMO lets PCs do more fun plotting/RP.

"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2022, 11:50:07 PM »
Hireable waiters/refreshment staff NPCs -- in other words, level 1 NPCs who can follow PCs around certain areas (e.g. to safe areas in Dementlieu and Vallaki), and have access to a trade inventory to sell refreshments/food.

I guess rather than try to control how these NPCs are used via code, they could come with an OOC warning when hired to not use them in silly, atmosphere-breaking ways (e.g. getting them killed fighting rats in the sewers), so that people would know to use them responsibly.

It's useful to have your own NPCs to organise events; while the job can theoretically be done by PCs, I don't think most players look to log on to play a bar job (sure, some do, but not a lot). It'd be a useful option and a further gold sink that adds something to the game, and IMO lets PCs do more fun plotting/RP.

+1 to this. The bar job is pretty lonely in my experience absent a good friend to keep the person company.
Mariah Parsons

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2023, 04:05:44 PM »
A small visual cue for targets affected by the taunt skill.

caprea

• New to the Mists
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2023, 09:52:47 PM »
Please add storage containers that look like bookshelves to the craftable/placables system. I like to collect books and store them till server resets

Currently the bookshelves created by the placeables system cannot be used like a bookshelf, even if toggled to be 'usable'
There are two solutions:

A) Add more 'Storage' items to the Box/Chest category, and re-use the bookshelf art assets
B) Move the Bookshelf/Dresser/Armoire category from the furniture section to the Storage section

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2023, 10:39:01 PM »
A way to save normal descriptions, similar to the disguise system, please. So we can have appropriate descriptions based on the state of our characters!

Vonskurk

• New to the Mists
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2023, 07:55:49 PM »
The spell Poison to be cast on perhaps weapons, alashing/piercing?

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2023, 10:35:23 PM »
A noticeboard in the Warehouse district of Vallaki

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #268 on: January 06, 2023, 07:26:32 PM »
A noticeboard in the Warehouse district of Vallaki

I'll add one.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2023, 06:03:04 PM »
Could we get a change in color from yellow to Red to the other PC now dislikes you message that is given when someone hostiles you?  During play today the message was given while other yellow text was being given to my PC and I didn't see the message as it was lost in the large yellow block about ac not stacking.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2023, 06:28:54 PM »
Could we get a change in color from yellow to Red to the other PC now dislikes you message that is given when someone hostiles you?  During play today the message was given while other yellow text was being given to my PC and I didn't see the message as it was lost in the large yellow block about ac not stacking.

I think the intent is that those messages are purely OOC and should not be used IC in any way shape or form. Just because someone has toggled you hostile, does not mean they will resort to PvP. And your character should in no way react to being toggled hostile by anyone else. I think, and I could be wrong, that the rules only require you to toggle hostile to make it easier to act/react if someone does engage you in PvP as it is much easier to attack/defend, and there are certain spells and effects that only affect hostile creatures.

MistJumper

• Outlander
  • the weremink!
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2023, 06:56:28 PM »
It may be the case that it's pure OOC information, however the person that did toggled us to hostile also attacked. I had no idea IC, or OOC that my character was set to hostile by anyone and was by this caught by complete surprise. In game my first reaction OOC was to go back and see if I had been set to hostile and the 10 seconds had passed. Not the best thing to do when being cast at. Because of the OOC message being lost in a block of yellow text due to the parry skill system and wards dropping spam messages also being in yellow. If the message of someone disliking my character was the color red, it would have stood out as there are very few Red messages. The lack of RP before the attack was in itself rather annoying.. however, as a purely mechanical fix to the stream of information being sent to the window and the ease of such information being changed to any color at all, I suggest it be changed since it is in fact a very rare possibly of pvp occurrence and because PVP has the highest probability of OOC grief/problems on any server. It would make sense that such a message should not be the same as say:
"reapplying skill and feat parry bonuses at +4
You have multiple items equipped or spell
effects active that give a Shield AC bonus and
the effects will not stack." "that the so-in-so now dislikes you."

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2023, 07:30:34 PM »
It may be the case that it's pure OOC information, however the person that did toggled us to hostile also attacked. I had no idea IC, or OOC that my character was set to hostile by anyone and was by this caught by complete surprise. In game my first reaction OOC was to go back and see if I had been set to hostile and the 10 seconds had passed. Not the best thing to do when being cast at. Because of the OOC message being lost in a block of yellow text due to the parry skill system and wards dropping spam messages also being in yellow. If the message of someone disliking my character was the color red, it would have stood out as there are very few Red messages. The lack of RP before the attack was in itself rather annoying.. however, as a purely mechanical fix to the stream of information being sent to the window and the ease of such information being changed to any color at all, I suggest it be changed since it is in fact a very rare possibly of pvp occurrence and because PVP has the highest probability of OOC grief/problems on any server. It would make sense that such a message should not be the same as say:

It may actually be good to have that message in a slightly different color to avoid confusion.

That said, the hostile system is rather prone to bugs and I have seen several occasions where the hostile message was not received at all or someone was hostile without being listed as hostile in the player list.

Ideally the hostile status should not be paid too much attention to when one is attacked, though if the attacker is not marked red ingame (which can be a mistake or a bug) it would probbaly be best to mark the attacker as hostile yourself before returning the attack.
Also please note that the 10 seconds after hostile do not need to be respected according to the rules, nor is is reasonable to expect any attacker to RP immediately before an attack (as long as there was RP for opt in at some point before)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:34:34 PM by Evendur »

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2023, 07:39:34 PM »

While I don't see a problem in making the message more visible, the intent of the notification message as far as I'm aware is counter-intuitively not for informing you that you are hostiled. The PvP rules state that the only requirement is to hostile someone prior to attacking; this can be done as little as one second prior to attacking, or as long as an hour beforehand. It's a formality to confirm that you are in fact hostiled, presumably for screenshotting in case of rulebreaks where this hasn't been done, or other purposes. One of the staff would actually have to weigh in to clarify the intent behind it, but the rules explicitly state you aren't meant to respond to the notice, at all.

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2023, 08:03:18 PM »
Thinking about this, it may be best to remove the hostile message altogether, at least for the one being hostiled.
Since its purpose it so provide feedback to the attacker that the engine is now set as intended, there isn't actually any need for the one being hostiled to know and keeps the suspense.

Also it would remove a lot of spam messages from AMPCs setting the server hostile