You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43325 times)

Maffa

• Dark Power
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2022, 02:13:27 AM »
I think it would be hardly any better than an in game warning system. besides, out of all those using the forums, most use the "show unread posts since" which is fine for shop updates, much less for finding relevant informations such as specific threads.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Lex Talionis

• Outlander
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2022, 10:48:12 AM »
Problem is, people in game hardly look at the forums.

I have thought about it a couple of times, stuff like a "shop chime" that shouts on chat when it opens, or a beacon. I believe that would serve shopkeepers better than a post on the forum.

At any given time I can usually count about 20 unique users online on the forums. If I were to count the number of unique user posts over the span of a week (which I'm not willing to do) I'd guess that's somewhere in the 50+ range.  The forums are used quite frequently and are a major source of information for players. 

In terms of the reasonability of the above mentioned request, this is far easier to implement than anything that happens IG. It's simply a QOL adjustment that takes very little effort on the part of the forum moderators.  I'm not sure there's any argument to be made here.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2022, 11:18:06 AM »
My point is, out of those people, how many are in game at the same time, and refreshing the forum as well? I think they are not that many.

EDIT besides, it's not as different as the churches' bells in their effect, with the notable difference that here only the owners can fire the script.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 11:35:29 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2022, 04:46:15 PM »
I'm personally a big fan of someway to have an invisible helmet.  Character visuals are a big part of their narrative.  Van Richten isn't as cool wearing a hood when it isn't part of the story.  Same vein as Mando with his helmet being important to his narrative.

I think it opens up more narrative options.

I wonder if this has been taken into consideration.
the main problem is that helmets change your face, so if you want to change a hood (cloth) in a hat (cloth) you cant unless you use the tricorn usable item. this wont do for crafted items, such a performance boosting hood for performers that hide your face. So as a workaround, if i have to change my cloak for a hat that leaves the face visible, i should be able to change my hood for something else, or make it invisible.

On this note, I just recently discovered the possibility to change your neck piece into necklaces among other things (such as cloaks...) could it be possible to have the holy symbols reproduced as medallions?

Character List:

Marph - Closured

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2022, 02:01:41 AM »
Some way of setting down an area description/flavor text trigger in rentals.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2022, 06:17:01 AM »
Can we have a special tag for singing so that when someone sings their speech comes out formatted in a recognizable way? so every line after, dunno, /z comes in italics, and or bolded, and or colored?

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Agony

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Power
  • "You will know agony!" - Ghostly Armor
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2022, 06:46:14 AM »
Can we have a special tag for singing so that when someone sings their speech comes out formatted in a recognizable way? so every line after, dunno, /z comes in italics, and or bolded, and or colored?

There is already something that does that. If you start with <c> the line will be a purple color. Though it does make it look strange while you are typing, sometimes hiding part of the pending text. It shows up right when you hit enter, though.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2022, 07:00:50 AM »
I have been told about it. I was wondering if there could have been something specific as an emote, so when a character goes with, for example, @emote 22 their speech comes out flaired in color? the knowledge of the <c> code is not reported anywhere in the command list and is quite esoteric, so i thought of automating it linking it to the instrument or emote

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Branchie

• The Summer Druidess
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #183 on: July 30, 2022, 04:47:48 AM »
Just an idea that popped into my head, but maybe allow the Kinship Fireplace in the Kinship Lodge the ability to be put out or on, and to be able to burn papers in it like a traditional fire? I feel it may be more immersive.

Errdil

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2022, 05:42:09 AM »
Burning documents in the fireplace would be great. While we're on the subject of the WFK Lodge, another thing I'd love to see is a doorbell. We've seen them added steadily to more and more buildings, could we have one too?

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2022, 06:25:32 AM »
I wonder if there is a possibility to link a disguise to a specific piece of wearable, so that each time you put it on or off the disguise goes on and off as well.

In my mind (which contains no knowledge of scripting at all) it could work with the targeting tool and work a bit like the labeling of containers.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Dardonas

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2022, 10:47:13 PM »
Could we have Disguise Self potions added to the module?  Perhaps we can take an existing herb that spawns frequently, such as Belladonna, for these?

Hemolymph

• Undead Slayer
  • Servant of Rennbuu, Lord of Colors
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2022, 01:49:21 AM »
A way for the rental's owner to assign rights to other PCs (rental key holders) for them to be able to edit/furnish the rental.
From the crushed wings of rare lepidopterans. 'Painting black, or painting white, this is the stuff that'll see you right.'
Art.mp4

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #188 on: August 06, 2022, 01:53:51 AM »
Could we have Disguise Self potions added to the module?  Perhaps we can take an existing herb that spawns frequently, such as Belladonna, for these?

That's not a bad idea. Will at least be considered.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Dardonas

« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2022, 03:59:19 AM »
For tailoring/weaving:

The addition of "Steel Threads" that gives 1 full AC on similar to Misty Threading does, but as a common alternative. 

Hoods/Capes = 1 deflection AC, 3 enchanted
Robes = 1 armor AC, 3 enchanted

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2022, 05:48:45 AM »
For tailoring/weaving:

The addition of "Steel Threads" that gives 1 full AC on similar to Misty Threading does, but as a common alternative. 

Hoods/Capes = 1 deflection AC, 3 enchanted
Robes = 1 armor AC, 3 enchanted

That will be a flat no here. Metal threads are obtained with ductile metals, IE gilding metals.

There is already a straight +1 AC option for robes that isn't particularly hard to obtain (Ogre beards). Though that may require certain areas to stop being over farmed as they are. But I won't act to change that as I purposefully designed it this way. The focus of tailoring is utilitarian clothings as in skill bonuses, with some combat oriented bonus through the exotic thread, it is not to replace armors. It is a balancing point that keeps the bonus to +1 vs blunt only on hoods and cloaks. You have three other sources of +1 AC threads, one of which is even readily abundant. Granted it requires you to live dangerously and/or get help to acquire it. Again as intended. We like cooperative play.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:53:48 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dardonas

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:20 PM »
Could braided cord support be added for the Weaver's Satchels?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2022, 10:08:40 PM »
Could braided cord support be added for the Weaver's Satchels?

Sure
Best Regards!
MAB

Vantes-

• Undead Master
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2022, 02:43:20 PM »
Could remaining Combat Focus charges (and anything similar for other classes that isn't easily tracked) be added to the display that pops up after hitting the rest menu?
Active: Vahn Stanek
Others: Aelas Telenseer, Fenn Yrren
Closured: Adan Elandi

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2022, 07:36:00 AM »
Could remaining Combat Focus charges (and anything similar for other classes that isn't easily tracked) be added to the display that pops up after hitting the rest menu?
+1

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2022, 04:29:14 PM »
+1

I know it's in the sourcebook to trigger on combat but triggering them by a button would be much, much better. I don't particular want my fighter to burn them fighting creatures like rats.

Hemolymph

• Undead Slayer
  • Servant of Rennbuu, Lord of Colors
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2022, 06:22:31 PM »
Could this placeable be retextured so it's less silly? Especially the dragon mug, the book isn't that bad.
It's 4639, Shelf: Cluttered (TBX)*, plx_shelf_c

Spoiler: show
From the crushed wings of rare lepidopterans. 'Painting black, or painting white, this is the stuff that'll see you right.'
Art.mp4

Dardonas

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »
Crafting tools that drop on the loot table that give minor bonuses to crafts.

A +1 Smith's Hammer gives a +1 bonus to Smithing
A +1 Tailor's Kit gives a +1 bonus to Tailoring

Ect.

Maybe a +2 or +3 bonus at the best, but even a +1 would be negligible and just nifty to have.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:43:01 PM by Dardonas »

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #198 on: August 16, 2022, 01:28:57 AM »
Move the enchanting machine in the red academy to a seperate building that is accessible to players. Evil players or enemies of port have no other place to go. Yes you can find a player who is a member of the red academy, not even a handful of active ones. Rp it out and get access but this requires stars to align. Make it accessible, charge a fee if need be. Chuck NPCs around to keep the riff raff out.

Savras

• Vallaki Guards
  • Undead Master
  • The Dark Archivist
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2022, 08:36:55 AM »
Add a herbalist area in VOB secret basement area with the cultists, it's got alchemy tables but no herbs :(