You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43683 times)

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2022, 04:33:33 PM »
Would it be possible for the examine tool to give information on how exhausted someone is?

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2022, 05:59:38 AM »
@rental restore

Restore to your last @rental save in case of accidently obliterating the setup you just carefully curated with one mistake.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2022, 09:16:51 PM »
Similarly to @dispel list, have a command the prints out all active spells on your person, and if possible, their remaining durations.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »
Similarly to @dispel list, have a command the prints out all active spells on your person, and if possible, their remaining durations.

This isn't legitimate IC information, however, and spells cast on you may be hostile; that's why by DnD rules you don't know what spells other people have cast on you unless you're aware of it and pass a Spellcraft roll.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2022, 09:41:22 PM »

This isn't legitimate IC information, however, and spells cast on you may be hostile; that's why by DnD rules you don't know what spells other people have cast on you unless you're aware of it and pass a Spellcraft roll.

The idea was to show positive buffs to ascertain what's required. The game already shows the spell effects in the top-right corner, along with a mass of other meta-information.

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2022, 07:13:36 AM »
Use of the Alchemy Apparatus, using resin for finished varnishes to be possible in bulk like distilling.
Not all at once but whatever the increment is currently for distilling would be great

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2022, 07:42:28 AM »
Use of the Alchemy Apparatus, using resin for finished varnishes to be possible in bulk like distilling.
Not all at once but whatever the increment is currently for distilling would be great

+1

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2022, 07:51:52 AM »

As often explained, this is restricted by design. Varnishes are powerful additions and the time it takes to craft them is the gate by which we limit their production. This will not change. The alternative would be to set a limit of varnishes per day that could be produced, but we don't want to induce that kind of limitation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:54:08 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2022, 08:20:59 AM »
There is no varnish as powerful as a Haste potion. Herbalism in general is more powerful than Alchemy. I think it's worth reconsidering.
Vicerimus Mortem.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2022, 08:29:23 AM »
There is no varnish as powerful as a Haste potion. Herbalism in general is more powerful than Alchemy. I think it's worth reconsidering.

We've had that discussion numerous times among devs already, and no doubt we'll have it again. Because something may be more powerful is no justification to make something else more powerful, quite the reverse in fact. It's probably potion crafting that we should tone down.
Best Regards!
MAB

Abear

• Dark Lord
  • You are not a human being.
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2022, 10:01:14 AM »
I think it's the desire to not get carpal tunnel more than wanting alchemy to get a buff. Why do you hate my wrists, MAB?
Current: Sásha Kostoviç
Occasionally: Blair Florescu

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2022, 10:40:02 AM »
I think it's the desire to not get carpal tunnel more than wanting alchemy to get a buff. Why do you hate my wrists, MAB?

We've already acted to reduce the grinding a lot lately. That doesn't mean we have to change everything. It's a choice you make grinding to have hundreds of varnishes on you whereas you likely only need to carry just a dozen at any given time. Increasing the amount of varnishes done at the same time would only make powercrafting to quickly reach mastery easier than it already is, and that's definitively not a behavior we wish to encourage.

Best Regards!
MAB

Zyemeth

• Undead Master
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2022, 04:58:40 PM »
Maybe even allowing 2 varnish per crafting use instead of one would suffice. Even cutting the amount of clicking in half would be a godsend. That or maybe it queue's the character up to make each varnish one at a time but that way you don't have to just keep clicking three times per varnish. Then you just wait until every varnish on the table gets finished. That would also make RP during the craft easier too since your hands are more free for typing during that time.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2022, 06:05:21 PM »
Maybe even allowing 2 varnish per crafting use instead of one would suffice.

We'll discuss the possibility at the Dev table.
Best Regards!
MAB

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2022, 06:30:04 PM »
Probably been mentioned before but how complicated would it be to set up a way to carry unconcious players instead of only being restricted to corpses?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Erikat

• the last grimalkin
  • Undead Master
  • The whole of virtue consists in its practice.
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2022, 06:51:44 PM »

We've already acted to reduce the grinding a lot lately. That doesn't mean we have to change everything. It's a choice you make grinding to have hundreds of varnishes on you whereas you likely only need to carry just a dozen at any given time. Increasing the amount of varnishes done at the same time would only make powercrafting to quickly reach mastery easier than it already is, and that's definitively not a behavior we wish to encourage.

Varnish DCs are far lower than their reagent counterpart. In order to reach 'mastery' of alchemy, you will quite literally cease getting cxp from varnishes well before you finish, so powercrafting isn't really a thing at that point. On another note, people often craft to sell, to give away or to level a craft that takes a silly amount of time. They are making hundreds of varnishes because currently it is literally required in order to progress or just waste tons of essences. It feels particularly awful when you grind essences, and then won't even get xp for the varnishes, but unless you're making alchemical ranged weapons there isn't much of a place for the remainder essences, so making varnishes becomes a why wouldn't you. It also doesn't speed the true amount of time and grinding it takes to reach any sort of level by being able to batch process, it just lessens an obsessive amount of clicking. The actual speed is limited by how fast you can grind those mats themselves, and that is another conversation entirely.
Actives: Alexia Cel-Tradat

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2022, 04:02:07 PM »
I wonder if delivery quests could include the information of the weight of the cargo to deliver... a few pounds more or less can make the difference between being able or unable to do  them...

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2022, 04:52:16 AM »
... also make deliveries bashable or returnable to the quest giver so that one doesnt stay stuck in a delivery they cannot complete and thus frees it for someone else to pick
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 04:56:46 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2022, 04:05:08 PM »
This is a pretty minor quality of life thing. But I've noticed that there isn't always consistency with where players post their Open/Closed notices within the forums.  Might it be possible to make a subforum within announcements specifically for these businesses to announce their Open/Closed status?

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2022, 06:03:29 AM »
 :arrow: Setting a variable on a basket to mark an owner, then disabling the [Puts something into the basket] spam for that owner.

Hemolymph

• Undead Slayer
  • Servant of Rennbuu, Lord of Colors
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »
This is a pretty minor quality of life thing. But I've noticed that there isn't always consistency with where players post their Open/Closed notices within the forums.  Might it be possible to make a subforum within announcements specifically for these businesses to announce their Open/Closed status?

Not a bad idea. Sometimes they're hard to find because they're in different places.
From the crushed wings of rare lepidopterans. 'Painting black, or painting white, this is the stuff that'll see you right.'
Art.mp4

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2022, 08:13:14 PM »

Is it feasible to multiply the number on the Alchemy Apparatus only when it no longer gives cxp, let's say after level 25 you can make 2, level 30 you can make 3, level 35 4, level 40 it caps at 5 at a time as  in theory you can no longer fail any reagents currently on the server so you are a master alchemist?

Siobhan

• Undead Master
  • Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2022, 09:46:15 PM »

Not a bad idea. Sometimes they're hard to find because they're in different places.

I would very much enjoy this. Kind of like a LFRP zone, but on the forums!
Mariana Dragavei

Formerly: Eliza Sorry, Shrixenna Lueltar

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2022, 01:38:41 AM »
Problem is, people in game hardly look at the forums.

I have thought about it a couple of times, stuff like a "shop chime" that shouts on chat when it opens, or a beacon. I believe that would serve shopkeepers better than a post on the forum.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2022, 02:02:27 AM »
Problem is, people in game hardly look at the forums.

you'd be surprised, the forum is a bit of an echo-chamber but plenty of people use messaging and play the game.