Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43324 times)

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2022, 02:56:06 AM »
Would it be possible to horizontally mirror these couches, and add them in? There are a few of them in different colours. If there was a mirrored option, we could connect two together and make a seamless, big couch. Right now when you put two next to each other it looks weird and asymmetrical, and out of place. All the other couch options are relatively ugly. (sorry!) So I'd love to be able to fashion these better.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2022, 11:09:28 PM »
Maybe the food selection at the Midway Haven could be expanded? The only thing available is tinned rations.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2022, 07:17:25 AM »
Remove the useable Amoire and Chest from the tenement rooms in PaL to allow for more furniture placement.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2022, 08:20:46 AM »
could it be possible to modify the inventory icon for torches to actually occupy three slots? As it is now, the image of torches only occupy two of the three slots they actually require.

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2022, 09:50:59 AM »
I wonder if there is a reason why lesser mist orbs are sold where they are sold (spoiler free) rather than by Ezrite toret vendors which are the ones actually crafting them? In case, could they (also?) sell them?

Character List:

Marph - Closured

dutchy

• Dark Power
  • Potm's own forum troll
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2022, 07:33:35 AM »
resmelting:

rings brooches other useless trinkets.

would like to see them be able to be smelted down to the metal it is stated in the description.

i would suggest for example ring X is made out of silver.
thus you smelt it and get ONE nugget.
ten or so nuggets can be smelted into an ingot.

i think this makes junk actually usefull junk, and some metals more available.
Tagdar Stonebeard- the lone statue
Mihas Mandruleanu- He is the law
Gurdan- priest of the allfather, and current head of the silverhand trading company

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
The Midway Haven revamp is really impressive and has added a lot of usable space. The one downside still keeping it back, in my opinion, is the very limited selection of food available. In fact, all they sell is rations. It would be great if the bar's options were expanded.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 03:00:49 AM by bloodless »

Darkthrasher

• Undead Master
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2022, 09:35:48 PM »
Im not sure if this has been suggested at all, but being able to store horns/antlers into trapping kits would make hunting horned/antlered animals alot less inventory intensive
Ignis Brimstone, Disciple of Solusek Ro
Remus Greenbough, Warden of Nature
Gareth Rex (Closured)
Devora Zianhur

Not as active:
Vogul Basinma, of the Black raven tribe
Bandus Strom, The Eel
Affirrazac

BlankStare

• Society of the Erudite
  • Outlander
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2022, 10:22:33 AM »
If possible, adding dialogue options like "rotate by 1 degree" or "adjust forward"/"adjust back" to the "preview" screen of Carpentry would be incredible. At present you have to exit all the way of the dialogue and carefully reposition yourself and your cursor for putting down placeables, and it can be quite a challenge!
Current PC: Aidan Rathcore

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2022, 11:50:01 AM »
Riding a proposal made about books, could it be possible to shrink paper/notes/leaflets to 1x1 weightless items? I mean... it's paper... and more than once i dropped my tower shield because its almost as big as a single sheet of paper...

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Evendur

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2022, 02:15:29 AM »
Please increase the number of allowed uses of the @relevel command.

Messing up the lvl up twice happens to quite a few and its not fun for anyone to ask a DM for help with these matters.

If the restriction on the @relevel is considered relevant, perhaps we can replace it by a timer of 24 hours after the first @relevel use instead. 

Dardonas

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2022, 02:03:51 AM »
Miner's Maul, a maul item that is two handed, and like the woodcutter's greataxe, it is craftable and functions as a way to mine ore efficiently.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2022, 04:54:57 AM »
Unlock the kitchen door at Midway Haven to allow PC cooks to work for the establishment (with permission). That, or plot-key it, similar to the Broken Bell.

Dardonas

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2022, 01:49:00 PM »
Can player characters be marked as containers viable for using things like Trapper's Bags, Miner's Bags on themselves to consolidate all of their loose crafting materials within their inventory easily?

As it stands you have to take your items, drag them one by one into a separate bag or container, then use the crafting bundle on said bag and repeat.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 02:12:52 PM by Dardonas »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2022, 02:49:45 PM »
Miner's Maul, a maul item that is two handed, and like the woodcutter's greataxe, it is craftable and functions as a way to mine ore efficiently.

Good idea. I'll rename the current Heavy Miner's Pick to Miner's Pick and add a two-handed greataxe version.

Siobhan

• Undead Master
  • Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2022, 01:10:21 AM »
A script on log in that checks all the rental keys in your inventory and if you are the owner of the rental, giving a yellow text warning if the rental has less than 20% of its remaining days.
Mariana Dragavei

Formerly: Eliza Sorry, Shrixenna Lueltar

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2022, 03:31:47 AM »
It may be hard coded but I'll try asking anyway.

Is there a way to activate elemental damage resistance from spells after any item resistance?

As it is now, say you apply elemental resistance as a spell, and you have a pool of 40hp, plus you have a woolen cloak with a DR4, any damage exhausts the pool first and then hits the item which makes the spell less useful than it could be.

Character List:

Marph - Closured

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »
Im not sure if this has been suggested at all, but being able to store horns/antlers into trapping kits would make hunting horned/antlered animals alot less inventory intensive

I'll add support to the Bundle of Woods.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »
Please increase the number of allowed uses of the @relevel command.

Messing up the lvl up twice happens to quite a few and its not fun for anyone to ask a DM for help with these matters.

If the restriction on the @relevel is considered relevant, perhaps we can replace it by a timer of 24 hours after the first @relevel use instead.

That's a good suggestion; we'll allow unlimited "last level" relevels in a 24 hour period after the first use of @relevel.

gotesu

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Undead Master
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2022, 02:18:06 AM »
A chat command that outputs your actual AB, flat footed AC, normal AC and perhaps dmg range. Since several effects are not properly represented in the character sheet it would be nice to be able to find the real number without engaging in combat. In addition the flat footed AC is never shown in the sheet and it would be nice to be able to figure it directly.

A combat mode that disables attacks - For both rp reasons (for example - martial tutoring a lower lvl char/ maintaining non-violence against an adversary) and sometimes mechanical reasons (for example - waiting an acid sheath to dissipate) it could be useful to have a parry like mode which puts you in a normal state (not flat footed) and more importantly that you dont auto attack (and dont lash out with AoO or riposte attacks which is what happens in parry mode).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 02:20:06 AM by gotesu »

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2022, 06:47:13 AM »
A feat or two to improve the efficacy of Bard Song - adjacent feats (Dirge of Woe, Haunting Melody, etc.) would be fun to have, and offer more variety for Bards who want to contribute without being necessarily 'combat bards'. A Song Focus line of feats, essentially, with Song Focus granting a +2 to the DC of Bards' song-like abilities, and Greater Song Focus granting a further +2. Would this be possible to even create?
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Myrza

• Dark Lord
  • Under the Crimson Sun...
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
I noticed that when I got back to my Dirgist character, the class has an ability called Whispers of the Dead, where the Dirgist can hear the secrets of the dead when they sleep. Can this be integrated in a way that Dirgists can receive information from dead player characters?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2022, 10:50:16 AM »
I noticed that when I got back to my Dirgist character, the class has an ability called Whispers of the Dead, where the Dirgist can hear the secrets of the dead when they sleep. Can this be integrated in a way that Dirgists can receive information from dead player characters?

That would be too prone for exploits. In this regard it's best not to create exceptions and keep the Spirit RP the same for all.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2022, 01:01:12 AM »
There is currently no difference between Masterwork Armor and Dwarven Quality Armor.
Spoiler: show
They both get +1 armor AC.

This is not the same with Masterwork Weapons and Dwarven Quality Weapons.
Spoiler: show
Masterwork weapons get +1 AB, while dwarven quality weapons all get +2 damage of their main damage type.

As it is, it's pointless to have two different drop types which both do the exact same thing.
I think, in order to differentiate the armor types, perhaps Dwarven Quality armor could mirror it's weapon equivalent and give 2/- DR or maybe even just 1/- DR vs slashing (which is a desirable damage type to be resistant to).  This would make DQA desirable over masterwork and possibly even crafted armors until better crafted gear can be acquired.
It would still be full weight and have no other benefits, but could fulfill a role of greater durability if using an alternate form of armor AC (mage armor, varnish, magic vestment, etc)

I'm putting this here because I'm not sure if it belongs in the item requests thread

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »
A small QoL improvement...

if NPC clerics of faith factions standing near altars and prominent places could have a line of dialogue to be asked by clerics PCs [edit: of the same said faction] to move a bit on the side (until asked to come back), it would make for a better scene experience when players have mass in a church. I know i could use the spot Costinus and Stanoiu stand on do deliver powerful sermons (actually it is all i need in order to become a successful orator, I just know it!).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 08:21:54 AM by Maffa »

Character List:

Marph - Closured