You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43330 times)

Favee

• Undead Master
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2022, 05:29:52 PM »
I'm personally a big fan of someway to have an invisible helmet.  Character visuals are a big part of their narrative.  Van Richten isn't as cool wearing a hood when it isn't part of the story.  Same vein as Mando with his helmet being important to his narrative.

I think it opens up more narrative options.
Discord: Favee#4934

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2022, 05:43:54 PM »
I don't know if it would be possible to add a small wooden bridge over the tser pool or a way to go over the wooden logs?

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 04:20:31 PM »
I would like to know if it is possible to add a ring Bell to the new Dvergeheim rental. We can't hear knock in the big room at the back which is a problem knowing that we want to make it our meeting room. Thank you !

Ghost Love Score

• Outlander
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 09:39:16 AM »
Kinda weird request/suggestion perhaps, but would it be possible to have different types of dog breeds for the Ranger Animal Companions. Since there are different breeds in the game anyways. Just thought that'd be a cute idea.
Evil watches, evil waits, goodness stumbles, evil takes.

Vissy

• Dark Lord
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 02:28:17 PM »
Would love a few bounties in the Blightwood Dungeon that Gwerydd would hand out. I think the dungeon isn't visited often enough and it needs more incentives for parties to gear up for a visit. Maybe make the bounties only drop on killing some specific enemies to stop it just simply making the place more ninjalootable. ICly, it also makes sense: the elves are few, and they need adventurers to help them contain the rot of the Blightwoods. Handing out small rewards would be logical.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 02:30:02 PM by Vissy »
Active Character: Heir Andarateia, Lia Lanthaloran
Other Character(s): Gilraine Alean'ani
Shelved Character(s): Vinyafael Yavanna, Callistrae Dawnshadow, Vika van Voytz
Closured Character(s): Rakel Leviken, Celeste Seifert

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2022, 06:14:59 AM »
Give a specific name to the adamantine helm, the one that doesnt get crafted, so people can just refer to it as "Yadda Yadder's Helm" rather than "You know that helm of adamantine but not that a crafter can make you, the one you can find in certain places you know what i am talking about"

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2022, 09:17:20 AM »
Give a specific name to the adamantine helm, the one that doesnt get crafted, so people can just refer to it as "Yadda Yadder's Helm" rather than "You know that helm of adamantine but not that a crafter can make you, the one you can find in certain places you know what i am talking about"

Good suggestion. I'll see to it.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2022, 09:15:24 PM »

Good suggestion. I'll see to it.
This should be applied to the adamantine armors that are also found in loot.  It confused me once upon a time too.

As for my wishlist idea - I would like for the 'gender restriction - female' removed from the Isis sorcerer spell-slot items.
The restriction doesn't actually work but can confuse those few male sorcerers that do exist.
Since its related to Isis, the female magic god, it could also be renamed to not imply a restriction.

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2022, 01:34:46 AM »
Make useable placeables under desks/cabinets/wardrobes/book shelves openable containers. Handy for shops that want a goods display that isn't a chest/crate/barrel (though I've taken to hiding boxes inside the glass cabinets!).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 02:04:04 AM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

aliceofthevoid

• Undead Master
  • Friendly Neighborhood Nightmare
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2022, 12:28:57 PM »
Some shovels and other tools that can be carried / wielded by small characters would be nice!

Dardonas

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 09:40:29 PM »
An crafting tool to collect wood called a "Woodcutter's Greataxe" so that you can efficiently cut down trees without looking dorky with dual-wielding handaxes.

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2022, 11:36:17 PM »
An crafting tool to collect wood called a "Woodcutter's Greataxe" so that you can efficiently cut down trees without looking dorky with dual-wielding handaxes.

Aren't there Woodcutter's Axes that are 2 handed?

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2022, 02:04:44 AM »

Aren't there Woodcutter's Axes that are 2 handed?

Yes, but they're only a loot table item.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2022, 04:44:26 PM »
Make the hourglass at Houlgraves' flippable again.  :evil:

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2022, 03:19:11 PM »
It would be pretty darned cool if the best in-slot warmage helm (Mask of the Red Evoker) wasn't alignment locked, or if there was an alternative similar item for non-evil/lawful neutral warmages. Spell slot items for warmages in general akin to the amulets/rings or thoth/isis, or the various beguiler spell slot items would also be pretty tight.

Ghost Love Score

• Outlander
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2022, 02:10:13 PM »
The native tongue to the Tovag Domain is Ancient Flan, but it isn't available in-game. The Greyhawk version of Flan is however, though it is stated that they are nothing alike. Would be nice if Ancient Flan was made available in-game.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 02:12:49 PM by Ghost Love Score »
Evil watches, evil waits, goodness stumbles, evil takes.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2022, 03:41:28 PM »
The native tongue to the Tovag Domain is Ancient Flan, but it isn't available in-game. The Greyhawk version of Flan is however, though it is stated that they are nothing alike. Would be nice if Ancient Flan was made available in-game.

The language system supports that we make our own acronyms for languages that may not be listed. The list is not an exhaustive list of supported languages. You are not restricted only to what's in it. You can therefore go ahead and make your own acronym for the language, I would suggest "AFl" if it is not already used.

The main reason Ancient Flan is not listed is simply because at the time of the language system's inception, the Burning Peak cluster was thought lost and destroyed. We reviewed this decision in light of the release of 5th edition Van Richten's Guide and made Tovag a valid domain of origin again.

//Addendum, we do add new languages to the list if we find we're missing some. Ancient Flan will soon be on the list. Keep them coming if you find any missing one from canon D&D sources.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:48:43 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2022, 02:00:31 AM »
Would it be possible that a rental owner could designate another key holder to be able to do renovations? Some are not entirely confident in using the new system, and I've been asked to (temporarily) have leases transferred across to my character so I can do it. That can be a bit fiddly though.

Mona

• Undead Slayer
  • icon: The Letter, Eugene de Blaas
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2022, 02:02:35 AM »
Would it be possible that a rental owner could designate another key holder to be able to do renovations? Some are not entirely confident in using the new system, and I've been asked to (temporarily) have leases transferred across to my character so I can do it. That can be a bit fiddly though.

+1 to this, if it's possible. I can get really easily frustrated with lots of tweaking, so I'd like to be able to let the more patient keyholders do some stuff with the new system in lieu of me losing my mind.
ACTIVE:
Elisabeta Gárdonyi
Arwyl an-Cirdyn

PAUSED:
Ladislau Vacarescu
Janak Rashenka

DISCORD: vantamasque#0001

Erikat

• the last grimalkin
  • Undead Master
  • The whole of virtue consists in its practice.
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2022, 03:23:01 AM »
Change the icon of 'Faint Dark Essence' to something slightly different than 'Alchemical Container'. Would help with organizational purposes and QoL.
Actives: Alexia Cel-Tradat

Dhelindria

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • Dhelindria "Lindy" Lawrence Rathcore
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2022, 08:38:35 AM »
This!!

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2022, 03:55:33 PM »
can we add cookies to the bakery vendor in the residential area?

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2022, 04:54:18 PM »
Shortcuts for the @spawn commands. Orientation, placeable could just be shortened to o/p or ori/pla as an alternative. I think I gave myself carpal tunnel last night typing and re-typing them.

Dhelindria

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • Dhelindria "Lindy" Lawrence Rathcore
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2022, 05:15:16 PM »
Shortcuts for the @spawn commands. Orientation, placeable could just be shortened to o/p or ori/pla as an alternative. I think I gave myself carpal tunnel last night typing and re-typing them.

Agreed. I ended up having a list up on my other screen to where I could copy-paste, but that's still tedious.

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new feature and am so excited for the ways people can customize their spaces! :)

While we're here, though... might as well ask if we could get a way to save specific area setups - similar to how the theatre is able to change set pieces on stage. That way if a place wants to have a few different themes, they could be reused without having to redo it all by hand. Give it a cost if need be - I'd gladly pay for the ability to save different setups!

DM Brimstone

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2022, 05:29:39 PM »
"@spawn o" is the short version of @spawn orientation.  It does the same thing.

As for @spawn placeable, I just copy that and paste it each time I need to use it.