Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43347 times)

Ghost Love Score

• Outlander
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 09:58:16 AM »
Would it be possible to add some kind of bot to the PotM discord that displays basic in-game information. Like the current in-game time, date, players online, etc. It would save a lot of time from having to log in; only to see that it's midnight, and be forced to log back out or swap to another character.
Evil watches, evil waits, goodness stumbles, evil takes.

Vastgoten

• Red Academy Faculty
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 07:36:03 AM »

To change the base item if wizardly/sorcery staffs from staff to torch/holy item (as is the case of practice batons).
They are already not sold as weapons by the merchants, they are classified as ”other item”

Reason: Wizards LEAN on their staffs, they do not carry them on their shoulders. IE, for visual RP fluff effect ;)

Nostalgia

• New to the Mists
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »
Spellbook templates.  Not sure if this is a feasible thing (haven't seen it before), but constantly managing spells is tedious.  I would love to be able to save multiple layouts for situations, ie: offensive spells, party buffs, solo buffs, etc.

If you'd want to add flavor to it, I'd even go as far to suggest that it be implemented as an item "Spellbook" or "Tome" or w/e that you can save/load the templates to.

Neuwwwo

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • (aphanisis)
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2021, 04:37:10 PM »
Spellbook templates.  Not sure if this is a feasible thing (haven't seen it before), but constantly managing spells is tedious.  I would love to be able to save multiple layouts for situations, ie: offensive spells, party buffs, solo buffs, etc.

If you'd want to add flavor to it, I'd even go as far to suggest that it be implemented as an item "Spellbook" or "Tome" or w/e that you can save/load the templates to.

To change the base item if wizardly/sorcery staffs from staff to torch/holy item (as is the case of practice batons).
They are already not sold as weapons by the merchants, they are classified as ”other item”

Reason: Wizards LEAN on their staffs, they do not carry them on their shoulders. IE, for visual RP fluff effect ;)

+1 to both of these.
Inactive unless through PMs: Clementine Morisway

Lexica

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2021, 11:11:12 PM »
If coffee cups could be made into consumables, such that when used they would be removed from your inventory, that would be a very nice quality of life change. They tend to stack up in the inventory at the moment, forcing you to eventually awkwardly go over to a trash barrel and toss out three to four when no one is looking.
Michelle Anciaux

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
If coffee cups could be made into consumables, such that when used they would be removed from your inventory, that would be a very nice quality of life change. They tend to stack up in the inventory at the moment, forcing you to eventually awkwardly go over to a trash barrel and toss out three to four when no one is looking.

I'll add a On Use property to them.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2022, 05:27:26 AM »
It would be nice if dye options on the dummies had the chart numbers included instead of just names. I know the chart numbers from memory, but when trying to explain to someone what color they're looking for, it's quite difficult.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Inti

• Undead Master
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2022, 12:03:21 PM »
Make 'Fruit of Geb' (Har'Akir herb) an edible consumable, to be more in line what it says in its description.  :)
“What makes the desert beautiful,' said the little prince, 'is that somewhere it hides a well...”  ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Cody

• Church of Ezra - Refuge of Fifth Light
  • Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 03:39:19 PM »
Fishing.

"Use" fishing rods on a static spawned object close whatever shorelines throughout the game world, then run a check against your dexterity and wisdom modifiers to reel in a catch.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2022, 12:12:15 AM »
Fishing.

"Use" fishing rods on a static spawned object close whatever shorelines throughout the game world, then run a check against your dexterity and wisdom modifiers to reel in a catch.

yesyesyesyesyesyes100

Neuwwwo

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • (aphanisis)
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2022, 01:07:42 AM »
Fishing.

yesyesyesyesyesyes100

This plus make an npc pay for the fish you... fish. Depending on something. DC of the catch?
Inactive unless through PMs: Clementine Morisway

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2022, 02:44:40 AM »
Fishing.

yesyesyesyesyesyes100

This plus make an npc pay for the fish you... fish. Depending on something. DC of the catch?
Add it as a crafting skill. It needs no valuable end-product, just fish you can cook on a camp fire or sell to NPC fishmongers, maybe, but I adore the idea of just grinding fishing XP to level towards the DC to be a better fisherman over time. Sometimes, the illusion of progress is enough.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2022, 04:09:55 AM »
And a chance that something else  than a fish gets to bite the bait, and maybe you *toothy smiles from the depths*

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2022, 06:20:43 AM »
Could we have a confirmation dialogue option for the ferry rides? So that you avoid porting yourself to the unintended location.

See also the ship captain around the coast domains.

Maragrouf

• The Underworld
  • Undead Slayer
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2022, 01:09:44 PM »
The Wandering Billy in Krofburg is in dire need of better lighting. Despite the presence of a chandelier and a fireplace, the whole inn is as dark as my sense of humor...

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2022, 01:47:55 PM »
I noticed there is no one in Port -that i know of- that sells chirurgeon kits or other multi-use healing kits.

Should this be the case could someone put it in its merchandise?

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Death

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2022, 01:51:30 PM »
Fairly certain you can get those at the University.

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2022, 02:24:20 PM »
thats sooo faaaaar...

Character List:

Marph - Closured

Dardonas

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2022, 02:33:58 PM »
A way to have invisible helmets, or helmet visuals toggled off rather.  You still get the bonuses but it does not appear like you're wearing a helmet.  There are many outfits I'd like to have my PC wearing and sometimes it just doesn't look good with a helmet.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 02:51:06 AM »
A way to have invisible helmets, or helmet visuals toggled off rather.  You still get the bonuses but it does not appear like you're wearing a helmet.  There are many outfits I'd like to have my PC wearing and sometimes it just doesn't look good with a helmet.

Is that even possible? :|

Back on BG, the only way to do that was by wearing a "wig" item, customized to look like your character's original hair. That was NWN2; NWN1's insistence on replacing your head with your helmet is liable to make things much more complicated.

I'm all for it, mind you! A growing portion of my roster has no sane reason to wear hoods/masks/helmets in daily life, and it's particularly frustrating when the devs insist on putting spell slots on head items. (I mean, spell slot items in general can be frustrating at times, given my tendency to swap out half of my equipped items and then irreversibly lose a good chunk of the spells I'd prepared when I last rested...)
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2022, 04:37:05 AM »
It is possible via nwnx, yes.

bloodless

• The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2022, 05:36:04 AM »
This, and also cloaks.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2022, 05:37:30 AM »
Fairly certain there is a cloak model that just completely removes it.
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal. Chen Mei
Shelved: Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2022, 06:04:50 AM »
The invisible cloak option is simply setting your cloak to Appearance 0.

There's been plenty of discussion about invisible helmets over the years. Here's one thread I pulled up.
tl;dr yeah nah m8

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2022, 05:00:29 PM »
I'd like to see the idea of invisible helmets revisited. Folk already change helmets to hoods, make metal look like cloth, vice versa, so realism in that regard is already compromised, not to mention on other articles of gear like cloaks, armour, robes as well.