You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43315 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
System Wishlist v3
« on: September 02, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
When a forest grows too wild a purging fire is inevitable and natural...
~ Ra's

Old thread available here: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=44495.0
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Iolantir

• Undead Slayer
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 05:12:38 PM »
When using the exam tool on a rental key, you get display information on when the renew date is. It would be nice if this information was automatically displayed on login for each rental key in a character's inventory.  Just a quality of life thing and a reminder for those of us who have rentals.

Favee

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »
and @emote command for combat idles.  We have them for casting, and many other animation loops.  There are a lot of times a character is in a threatening pose and being able to play the emote would be pretty cool.

Discord: Favee#4934

Dardonas

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »
A way to add people to a "hostile whitelist" of some sort, that lets you make them immune to being hostiled @area hostile.

-narwhal-

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 06:56:03 AM »
Add herbs to vestibule such as grave molds, ghost caps, viccars cap.

Add some materials to ant soldiers and guards that makes lesser acid varnish as they deal acid dmg.

Make inn keys disappear uppon leaving the inn instead of room

Dardonas

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 08:06:16 AM »
Could we have some Morninglord and other faiths' designs for large and tower shields added, similar to the Lawgiver?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 12:14:35 PM »
Could we have some Morninglord and other faiths' designs for large and tower shields added, similar to the Lawgiver?

This is dependant on a volunteer creating the models. That is something the Dev team does not. But we would certainly consider their inclusion should anyone create and submit some.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Irumi

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 11:37:28 PM »
I always thought that with the low electrical varnish rate and the logic behind that the jellyfish in the wrecked boat should also give a essence?

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »
I agree with this more places for mid and high level Ice and Electrical essences would be cool They are a pain to gather just due to the rarity of them when they are arguably the least useful.
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Syl

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
I always thought that with the low electrical varnish rate and the logic behind that the jellyfish in the wrecked boat should also give a essence?

I dont think the jellies do electrical damage if I recall. The mainly do psychic damage (magic damage) in a bolt against you

Monica O'Sullivan: Master explorer
Tsubaki Yamamoto: Shadow Thief
Roesor Cryso: A slave for the Masters.
Sokol: An Unlikely Hero

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 04:12:52 AM »
At least not by rangers.

The issue is that player crafted traps have no standard retrieval option, so per command, they have to be disarmed. Disarming them appears to always count as retrieval because the trap will get added to the inventory of the disarming person - which is a nice boon - however, the owner of the trap will not get an automatic success as they would get with the retrieval of a store-bought trap.

This leads to rangers running into a problem, because disarm trap isn't a class skill for them. Usually, one point in it was enough to retrieve your own traps because it will not only be taken 20, but effectively auto-successed. With the player crafted traps, however, they will need to meet the standard DC, which they likely can't.

I understand why rangers don't get disarm trap as a class skill. Logically, I think they should - as set trap and disarm trap must be deeply tied to each other as far as real-life skills go - but it makes for better game balancing if rogues are allowed to keep it as their thing.
However. It is disheartening that I now need to find a rogue to re-collect my own traps. I would like to see the standard retrieval option enabled for them, or get an auto-success on disarming them as their owner - whatever is more easily done.

I'd like to bump this. I invested heavily into set traps, excited to craft my own as a ranger (RP'd as a trapper/huntsman) - then discovered I can't auto-recover (via disable) my own traps unless I meet the DC. Pretty much impossible, since he's pure ranger. And if I accidently stack them (since I'm not familiar with the sizing for crafted traps), welp. I'm in trouble.
So now if I set traps and they don't all get triggered, I need to find someone to disable them for me (or trigger them) so I'm not illegally PvPing anyone who runs over them later.
I know this is probably a fringe case, but it would be so nice to be able to disable-recover traps automatically based on the ownership.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:15:33 AM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Dardonas

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 02:58:50 PM »
Can magic staves be coded as a non-weapon for the purposes of talking to NPCs that won't interact with you until you put your weapons away?

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 07:34:16 PM »
Would it be fair to let the Relevel crystal also reset character Background skills too?  After all, if people are making build errors, they may also wish to fix minor errors there too.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 08:25:54 PM »
'The Den' rental seems to have been intended to be a secretive faction base, but our group has been there for a while now, and would like to run more events/receive more spontaneous guests. At the moment we work with an @mark out the front when someone is present, asking to send a tell.
Would it be possible to have a doorbell installed?

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »
Super minor thing, at least outwardly, but I was reading through some stuff while shopping for concepts and noticed that Valenar elves replace the typical Elven weapon proficiency in the longbow, longsword, rapier, and shortbow with proficiency in the shortbow, scimitar, and double-scimitar (source: Races of Eberron page 81). That would be neat to have, since the weapons are pretty iconic for their culture.
Vicerimus Mortem.

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2021, 10:12:18 PM »
Can Bards get Shadow Conjuration like they do in PnP?

Slaughternaut

• New to the Mists
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2021, 06:52:31 PM »
Please, can we get Persistent Map Notes?  It would make learning my way around the server a lot easier for me as I have memory issues.  I know it's an already existing system on the vault because I've built it into servers myself in the past.  Please and thank you, I really think a lot of people would benefit from this.

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 06:06:31 PM »
It would be really nice if Alchemist's Flasks could store essences as well as the materials to make them.
Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

Straight-Edge-Doodles

• New to the Mists
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 01:33:40 PM »
Just wondering if it is an oversight or intentional that coal is not sold in Dvergeheim. Seems strange it is sold at Zeklos outpost, but not right above the mines.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2021, 03:39:11 AM »
Disclaimer: this isn't very well thought out.

There's always been discussion of adding more animal companions to the (rather limited vanilla) list, but the concensus is that it's a lot of work.
I was wondering if there could be some way to simply re-skin them as an @ option in-game - however, only to similar creature appearances (and something you could only do once, somehow?).

A hawk could be changed to parrot, a raven.
A wolf could have the various dog appearances.
A panther could be a lynx, a crag cat, etc.
A spider could be... some other sort of insect?
Some of them might be a bit trickier (I'm not really versed on what's available via the toolset).

Mona

• Undead Slayer
  • icon: The Letter, Eugene de Blaas
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2021, 03:42:34 AM »
Disclaimer: this isn't very well thought out.

There's always been discussion of adding more animal companions to the (rather limited vanilla) list, but the concensus is that it's a lot of work.
I was wondering if there could be some way to simply re-skin them as an @ option in-game - however, only to similar creature appearances (and something you could only do once, somehow?).

A hawk could be changed to parrot, a raven.
A wolf could have the various dog appearances.
A panther could be a lynx, a crag cat, etc.
A spider could be... some other sort of insect?
Some of them might be a bit trickier (I'm not really versed on what's available via the toolset).

I very much second this. A raven would be thematically perfect for my ranger, considering some of the symbolism I've made use of. :D
ACTIVE:
Elisabeta Gárdonyi
Arwyl an-Cirdyn

PAUSED:
Ladislau Vacarescu
Janak Rashenka

DISCORD: vantamasque#0001

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2021, 03:19:55 PM »
I would love it if these clothing options could be added. :)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 01:23:52 PM »
This is very small, but could we have some kind of bag to carry arrowheads made in the smith?
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

Ghost Love Score

• Outlander
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2021, 08:52:38 PM »
More of a suggestion: make it so that the market stalls you can make with carpentry would act as containers. So you could put all of you wares straight into the market stall for people to browse.
Evil watches, evil waits, goodness stumbles, evil takes.

QSNinja

• Undead Slayer
  • Miniature Merchant of Mischief
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2021, 10:11:11 PM »
A couple of extra trash barrels in the Vallaki crafting hall? Maybe one closer to the anvils? Both of the ones there filled up today and stayed that way for hours. It was rough.