Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43895 times)

Sinthepie

• Undead Slayer
  • A push is all it takes.
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2022, 11:13:22 PM »
Perhaps a small representation of the Eternal Order and other interesting local faiths ingame to draw people's attentions to the Ravenloft lore, for more local playerbase would be sweet. Nothing extraordinary but perhaps a priest or two somewhere, pilgrims from Darkon talking about a CERTAIN DUNGEON related to the Faith of the Overseer, maybe a member or two of the Ancestral Choir.

Also I would appreciate a trash barrel in the Edrigan smithy/woodworking spot that I use often, and I am sure other people would if it was better equipped.
As things are now, it is really hard to craft in large numbers there, making me store the large quantity of stuff in the anvil and smelter.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2022, 03:54:39 PM »
would be cool if Navarro (ranger at outskirts cain of vallaki) would sell trapper's bags.

would be also cool if mr. reds would sell opium.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 04:57:40 PM by Thundron »

Maffa

• Dark Power
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »
Can we add cookies to Mariska's inventory?

Character List:

Marph - Closured
Marius Rucescu - Closured
Romeo Lascaris - Closured

Vonskurk

• New to the Mists
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2022, 08:43:51 AM »
Hello

Could this be a consideration for adding? One handed hand crossbows for offhand, like dnd real hand crossbows.
Would be extremely flavourful for dark elves, rogues general shady characters also witch hunter archetypes?
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/model/one-handed-small-crossbow

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:55:31 AM by Vonskurk »

Merry Munchkin

• Dark Lord
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »
I have noted that "Ivory Scroll Tube" will appear as random loot from time to time, and I have noted that there were some previous requests to have scroll/parchments cases as actual useable containers.  Would it be possible for the scroll tubes that drop as loot to have an actual container function for holding scrolls and/or parchment messages?  They aren't worth much as loot in the first place.  As a practical matter, it would help scroll collectors/merchants to keep their inventory in some semblance of order, and I think it would be kind of neat for RP purposes to have scroll tubes handed off or dropped on a table or on the ground for others without everyone automatically being able to see/read from a distance the contents of the scroll or parchment.

Burleigh Burrowell - RIP

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2022, 08:24:47 PM »
I'm not sure of other peoples' experiences aside from a few, but area lighting adjustments to some of the rentals would be nice. I find the warehouses (in Vallaki) incredibly dark until you add a whole heap of candelabra (of which only two really seem to produce a light), which sucks up a lot of the placeable allottment. Often I have to bump my gamma up to see properly. It's similar in the Den.
I know it's realistic that these places would be dark, but some are a little too dark.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:36:19 PM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Chadyo

• Dark Lord
  • Don't you deserve better than a part-time deity?
    • My crafting post!
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2022, 05:16:53 AM »
Would it be possible for summon creatures to be able to do emotes through [Lay down] and [Sit] as some of them very much have emotes for it but you can't trigger them through chat. Same with making them roll for things using [Reflex] or [Discipline]

The example I would like to use is the laying down emote for my Helmed Horror, as I saw that when it failed a discipline check in the Dvergerheim that it did the deathemote (Falling apart) and after it got up again it reassembled.

Dardonas

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »
Would it be possible for summon creatures to be able to do emotes through [Lay down] and [Sit] as some of them very much have emotes for it but you can't trigger them through chat. Same with making them roll for things using [Reflex] or [Discipline]

The example I would like to use is the laying down emote for my Helmed Horror, as I saw that when it failed a discipline check in the Dvergerheim that it did the deathemote (Falling apart) and after it got up again it reassembled.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can make them emote.  You need to know the emote list.  Then, depending on your NPC follower type you can type the following:

@summon emote 18
@npc emote 19
@dominate emote 20

For the Helmed Horror, it was likely the [falls down] emote, which would be 16 or 17.  Most summons/NPCs have falls down.  So it'd look like: @summon emote 16/17

Fun fact, for Summoned Balors, the emote 18/19 makes them look like they're busting out some dancing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:08:14 PM by Dardonas »

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2022, 05:04:24 AM »
Bought some apples from krofburg yesterday and was thinking it would be nice if food merchants would have seasonal selection. Or even bartenders would have various selection as sometimes something might be out of stock.

Barovian Female Peasant 2.0

• Undead Slayer
  • Don't trust the Old Noapte.
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
A tool to allow adding custom description and title to crafted items. It'd alleviate the burden of DMs dealing with some requests like that, and would create nice RP. Herbalism and alchemy as well as arrows (any item its purpose would be obscured or confusing when renamed) should not be included in this.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2022, 05:27:30 PM »
A tool to allow adding custom description and title to crafted items. It'd alleviate the burden of DMs dealing with some requests like that, and would create nice RP. Herbalism and alchemy as well as arrows (any item its purpose would be obscured or confusing when renamed) should not be included in this.

It is purposefully that we do not have this feature in game. DMs have also often commented on the fact that it is not a burden. This will not happen.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Thundron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2022, 11:24:48 AM »
Would be nice if weather message or such would have "remember to hit 'save character' when you dont feel like losing somethin recentry accuired."

Maragrouf

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2022, 03:31:23 PM »
Would be nice if weather message or such would have "remember to hit 'save character' when you dont feel like losing somethin recentry accuired."

We already have that as a Loading Screen tip. I think it even says to bind it to your hotbar for ease of use.

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2022, 04:11:16 PM »
  • Copying one armour's appearance and colours over to another at a dye dummy. Useful in transitioning to better or different gear.
  • Able to mark select items as 'plot' as to avoid accidental selling at a merchant. Useful for characters who peddle often with disorganised inventories.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2022, 09:45:17 PM »
A trash barrel in the mist camp, particularily the keep of the dyad - arrive area

people often leave junk around that would be better put into a garbage can

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2022, 10:16:39 PM »
As long as we're talking trash barrels, Emmanuelle's Fashion needs one desperately.
Mariah Parsons

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2022, 08:39:17 AM »
I'll add barrels to the tailoring shops. Tenebris is handling the Keep of the Dyad.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Dardonas

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2022, 12:18:52 AM »
Could we add more informative feedback text for using firearms?

i.e. when loading/firing muskets it says in the combat log "uses item's special power."

Could we instead have something like:

"x fires a musket!"
"x fires a flintlock!"
"x is reloading a firearm..."

I think it'd look cool from an RP standpoint and also make the combat log a bit more informative for firearm usage.

McDuck

• Outlander
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2022, 04:52:31 PM »
Request for a Gilding Tub near the Hazlan Smithy in Nordenvall Village

Would make sence to have one ther sinds one can cure leathers as well

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2022, 07:48:52 PM »
For carpentry 'preview' mode, some kind of symbol that is symmetrical instead of the red arrow would be amazing. The arrow is a bit wonky/misshapen and it's hard to tell if your alignment is correct or not.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2022, 04:43:43 AM »
A 24H rentable lecture hall at the University so that students and lecturers can set up demonstrations/presentations

Last Exit to Barovia

• Undead Slayer
  • "unto us a most inspired storm"
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2022, 07:08:21 PM »
I would like to see a sliding scale of time periods one could rent such a thing for. Similarly, it could be applied to things like theaters. If one wants to put on a discuss or play for a whole week, this would remove the need for DM support with setting it up, and it would allow for players to dictate the length of time in this range: i.e. from 1 day - 7 days. If it was seen being abused, it would fall under the same rules that already apply.
Gianna Valentina, Curate of the Refuge of the Fifth Light

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2022, 07:30:45 PM »
I would like to see a sliding scale of time periods one could rent such a thing for. Similarly, it could be applied to things like theaters. If one wants to put on a discuss or play for a whole week, this would remove the need for DM support with setting it up, and it would allow for players to dictate the length of time in this range: i.e. from 1 day - 7 days. If it was seen being abused, it would fall under the same rules that already apply.

Unfortunately the system doesn't support that, and there are no plans to change it to do so. There are already short term rentals that can be renewed, and that's intentional. We don't want to add more pressure on DMs; there's already an issue with underused rentals. If anything we'll shorten the duration of longer rentals to ensure there's a higher turnover.

Dhelindria

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Slayer
  • Dhelindria "Lindy" Lawrence Rathcore
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2022, 11:45:53 AM »
Much how DMs can establish temporary transitions, I think it would be neat if a DM could designate a particular area section as temporary rental. That way, people could use @spawn placeable to decorate for weddings, outdoor performances, etc. without needing a DM for the whole decorating process.

Coronenko

• Outlander
  • FML
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2022, 12:15:31 PM »
Could we get empty supply bags from the vendors? As it is right now, I'm forced to buy a bundle of supplies I won't use to empty it up to be able to fill it with my fresh smelted cinnabar that does not go on miner's bag