Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43782 times)

Feral

• New to the Mists
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2023, 11:24:44 AM »
Hey there!

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I would like to request if possible that the Ferry system be changed to something like the Vardo caravan at Mist Camp?

Not only does it promote sharing of the facility, it makes for great RP opportunity to speak with players you might normally not otherwise have opportunity in character to engage with. I personally am a big fan of the caravan system and would like the ferry to work the same. Plus who wouldn't like to RP in a boat! I wouldn't even mind if it's the same transition the carriage uses in all but where it takes you to.

I find the instantaneous transportation it currently provides I feel is super immersion breaking and just abused to get herbs as quickly as possible at sunrise and it's nice to have a little bit of RP in between getting from A to B! Even if it's just to introduce yourself to others and vice versa to put an in character name to a face or have a small awkward conversation that can be built on later if you ever run each other again.

Is this something that could be considered?

-Feral

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #401 on: May 15, 2023, 11:30:31 AM »
Hey there!

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I would like to request if possible that the Ferry system be changed to something like the Vardo caravan at Mist Camp?

Not only does it promote sharing of the facility, it makes for great RP opportunity to speak with players you might normally not otherwise have opportunity in character to engage with. I personally am a big fan of the caravan system and would like the ferry to work the same. Plus who wouldn't like to RP in a boat! I wouldn't even mind if it's the same transition the carriage uses in all but where it takes you to.

I find the instantaneous transportation it currently provides I feel is super immersion breaking and just abused to get herbs as quickly as possible at sunrise and it's nice to have a little bit of RP in between getting from A to B! Even if it's just to introduce yourself to others and vice versa to put an in character name to a face or have a small awkward conversation that can be built on later if you ever run each other again.

Is this something that could be considered?

-Feral

Fairly easily actually, and this is already in consideration. Has been for years tbh. Lots of us feel as you do about this, but it is rather low on our priorities.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #402 on: May 15, 2023, 08:25:56 PM »
A suggestion before the HAK drops:

Mass Greater Mage Armor

Spell level: Voodan 9, Wizard / Sorcerer 8, Beguiler 8
School Conjuration
Descriptor: Force
Component: Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect /Target: Large
Duration: 1 hour + 1 hour/ level
Save: None
Spell resistance:

All allies within the area of effect gain the following bonuses to their Armor Class: +2 natural armor, +2 dodge, +2 deflection, and +2 enhancement. The dodge bonus stacks with other dodge bonuses to Armor Class, but the other bonuses do not stack with bonuses of the same type.

This is a straightforward suggestion, adapt the mass mage armor spell with a greater variant at a much higher level.  There is little to no downside to this, and the other mass spells have already deviated from their pnp variants.

No one wants to be a buff bot, and sacrificing a higher slot when you are able opens up 4th/5th slot spells, which are far from game breaking. /tedtalk

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2023, 04:29:39 AM »
A suggestion before the HAK drops:

Mass Greater Mage Armor

Spell level: Voodan 9, Wizard / Sorcerer 8, Beguiler 8
School Conjuration
Descriptor: Force
Component: Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect /Target: Large
Duration: 1 hour + 1 hour/ level
Save: None
Spell resistance:

All allies within the area of effect gain the following bonuses to their Armor Class: +2 natural armor, +2 dodge, +2 deflection, and +2 enhancement. The dodge bonus stacks with other dodge bonuses to Armor Class, but the other bonuses do not stack with bonuses of the same type.

This is a straightforward suggestion, adapt the mass mage armor spell with a greater variant at a much higher level.  There is little to no downside to this, and the other mass spells have already deviated from their pnp variants.

No one wants to be a buff bot, and sacrificing a higher slot when you are able opens up 4th/5th slot spells, which are far from game breaking. /tedtalk

Not a bad idea imo

zDark Shadowz

• Dark Lord
« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2023, 05:02:41 PM »
Voodans don't get greater mage armor, so they wouldn't get this spell.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2023, 05:13:18 PM »
Voodans don't get greater mage armor, so they wouldn't get this spell.

Fair point, I translated this from mass mage armor, which they do get. Remove the Voodan cast if you want.

Also, as Improved invisibility and its sphere equivalent are 4th and 7th level. You could nudge this down to 7th, but given how powerful greater mage armor is, I suggest 8th.

Lukey

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • New to the Mists
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2023, 04:19:22 PM »
Make a bag that stores crafted arrowheads please. Or include them in the crafting/miner bags

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2023, 12:24:51 AM »
Give magic bags/enchanted bags the same use toggle as craft bags to empty/fill with items

apeppertoo

• Dark Lord
« Reply #408 on: May 27, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
Using the new AOE indicator system would it be possible to put in a dummy ability that gives you the AOE of your whisper radius?
Mariah Parsons

InMyDarkestHours

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
  • I reveal my heart, to this beauty dressed in dark
« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2023, 09:32:18 PM »
Have Port-a-Lucine NPCs auto-equip umbrellas when it rains and unequip when it ceases.

Ryujin

• The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2023, 10:59:25 AM »
Would it be possible to add empty crafting bags to the inventory of crafting merchants? Smithing merchants come to mind.
This is to story, for example, Mercury after having smelted it down from Cinnabar. Currently players have to buy a filled bag of templates, throw the templates away, and then pick up the mercury.
Active: Naexalim Alearaheal.
Shelved: Chen Mei, Corin Bluespire, Osirion Shivan, Dukgeth, Valathar El'lyn. Closured: Cyrun Mask

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #411 on: June 03, 2023, 08:08:27 AM »
As per this bug report here; https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=68152.0

Spoiler: show

If you have combat animation 3 chosen, and use @emote 27, it triggers the combat animations in a loop. Male human normal phenotype.  I tested all other emotes up 34 with this being the only interaction.

UPDATE: Tested with a human female model and it's the same

Could we perhaps expand the @emote system to include playing combat animations, as this unintended bug permits?

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #412 on: June 03, 2023, 08:23:12 AM »
This would be great, allowing people to better roleplay out fights whom want to do such things purely with emotes rather than the mechanics for whatever reason.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #413 on: June 03, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »
As per this bug report here; https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=68152.0

Could we perhaps expand the @emote system to include playing combat animations, as this unintended bug permits?

Not a bad idea, but not sure I'll have time to dedicate to it any time soon. It's noted though.

FunkeyMonkey

• Outlander
« Reply #414 on: June 04, 2023, 02:48:10 AM »
Are herb spawns on a timer? Let's say that a area has been picked but there is still foot traffic coming through, do the herbs over xx amount of time respawn anyways or will the area need to be player free for 15 minutes to respawn?

If the answer is that the area needs to be player free: is it possible to have it on a timer so that during peak hours when there's numerous people using the same travel routes ensuring that herbs still spawn?
Not trying to fix something that isn't broke but it's a cool crafting item that stimulates a lot of RP through trade/share.

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2023, 03:09:17 AM »
Spoiler: show
Are herb spawns on a timer? Let's say that a area has been picked but there is still foot traffic coming through, do the herbs over xx amount of time respawn anyways or will the area need to be player free for 15 minutes to respawn?

If the answer is that the area needs to be player free: is it possible to have it on a timer so that during peak hours when there's numerous people using the same travel routes ensuring that herbs still spawn?
Not trying to fix something that isn't broke but it's a cool crafting item that stimulates a lot of RP through trade/share.

They respawn when the area reinitialises, which is roughly two IG hours of no players being present. Changing it to a flat timer has numerous issues that make it undesirable; people could go AFK next to a particular node spawn and farm herbs that way, for example. It is preferable that players have a reason to keep moving and keep harvesting. If you're having difficulty harvesting herbs from high traffic areas, travel to regions that are less frequently touched.

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2023, 11:05:33 PM »
please
pleaaaaase
make the [character picked up an item] message a whisper
or in the combat log
or an off/onn switch? maybe if i dont wanna see merchants do it but DO want to see my looter? i dont know
somehow
something
any way
im tired of seeing merchants destroy my chat log

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2023, 04:52:56 AM »
Herb nodes around Val de Luxémont areas.

EDIT: Oh, there are some, but they're incredibly sparse.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 04:58:24 AM by NacreCicatrix »
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Edalb

• New to the Mists
« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2023, 02:33:55 AM »
Trap Mastery feat, that would require lets say 5 ranks of Disable Trap and in return would allow to disable high DC traps without beguiler/rogue levels.

gnomeageddon

• New to the Mists
« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2023, 10:42:14 AM »
My caravan of garbage to pollute the forums.

suggestions.

"Make garda hood checks great again."

I would like to see an empty helmet slot be given by default -20 malus to disguise.
It would make disguise system more dynamic, and interactive.
It would allow for better play and counterplay in situations where a character can be hood checked/scrutinized by garda/gendies.
And it would give the disguised person a lot more reason to try and avoid scrutiny.

"Fleet of foot or death"

Give us a sprint ability.

Free feat for everyone.
Usable once per day.
Instant activation.
will not activate if encumbered or exhausted.
inability to cast spells for the duration.
speed 20-40%, rather than 50 you get from spell/potion

Sprinting would give the characters few rounds of mobility, and maybe even AC for the purposes of pushing your all to get away.
The downside would be that after it wears off, the character is hit with massive exhaust, and several rounds of the tired emote/or falling to knees emote. maybe even reset your rest cooldown.

It would be really useful for fleeing, especially at low levels to get away from enemies who match your regular speed.
It would be punishing enough that you would only use it for fleeing, as using to run to an inn would save you no time. and Sprinting off to buff would still leave you exhausted.
A spell/potion would still be a far better option for those that have prepared in advance.

"Botched surgery"

Feat. Amateur healer.
Requirement 8 healing skill

grants target once per day 1 point of regeneration for as many rounds as the healers skill.

Feat. Bandages and poultices.
requirement. amateur healer. 13 wisdom.

Increases regeneration to 1d4. halves duration.

Feat. Surgeon
requirements 13 wisdom
target is healed 1d10 for every 5 ranks in heal

----

As long as target is restricted to one healing skill use per day, then the healing skill can't compete with serious magical/potion healing.
But it will make a good ancillary healing ability since it is one use per day on the target.
This would help people play healers, and would give people a far bigger reason to invest in the skill and gear.

Healing is a skill I rarely see and I find that unfortunate. I think it's high time it gets some love and more utility.
aka FrogStomper

Maiyannah

• First Watcher
  • Dark Power
  • Courage is the soul of life.
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2023, 11:55:06 AM »
please
pleaaaaase
or in the combat log
or an off/onn switch? maybe if i dont wanna see merchants do it but DO want to see my looter? i dont know
somehow
something
any way

Someone picks up their basket in outskirts and any conversation is destroyed.  It's aggrivating.
Currently:
Livu Olmstead - First Watcher of Helm
Emmanuelle Skyshard - Ezran escapee from Hazlan

Also:
Liliana Bolboceanu - Forest ranger

Skelni

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
  • You can always contact me
« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2023, 03:04:55 PM »
Maybe it's more of just a personal pet peeve of mine but can the ambient sound of the Torch Brackets, placed and placables, be looked into and perhaps reduced? You can hear them as soon as they're within view range and it just seems way too loud for that to make sense.

Active: Vorrala Dalael

Shelved: Dirge Driftwood - Jezebel Redcherry - Silf Argyros - Ledewif Oberholtz

Closured: Razik Slepnel - Azaulia Curantus - Gavril Dragnea

Silence is Violence

• Outlander
« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2023, 08:12:26 PM »
Gwerydd in Degannwy should sell Ram's Might scrolls.
Can I see another’s woe, and not be in sorrow too?
Can I see another’s grief, and not seek for kind relief?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #423 on: June 24, 2023, 10:25:15 PM »
please
pleaaaaase
or in the combat log
somehow
something
any way

We'll disable messages when picking up or putting your own items from a crafted container or item container (eg. chest items).

Abear

• Dark Lord
  • You are not a human being.
« Reply #424 on: June 24, 2023, 10:27:47 PM »
Any chance you can do the same for the picnic basket item? Way more people use that than crafted boxes.
Current: Sásha Kostoviç
Occasionally: Blair Florescu