Author Topic: System Wishlist v3  (Read 43927 times)

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
Re: System Wishlist v3
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2022, 12:37:49 PM »
Once again I am asking for full plate chest options to be added to half-plate.
I believe arelith has them share some but not all chest options, so it should be possible

half plate is also described as plate armor but with less or no leg protection, so I think adding some chest options would be good!
please i wear full plate i dont want to use the robe anymore

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

Stormy

« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2022, 08:59:30 AM »
I have brought this up a few times on Discord, but in all of my flawed nature forgot this thread existed.

Can we have it so having an elemental domain forces summon creature 7-9 (or 6-8 in the case of also having animal domain) to summon the corresponding elemental? Keep the chance of Dread Elemental of course, but the idea of my Fire cleric summoning Water elementals is just funky to me.

Vallaki Justice

• Undead Master
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2022, 12:44:13 PM »
Would it be possible to add some basic clothes for prisoners to the Gendarmerie armory merchant, such as a plain tunic and a plain dress?  In addition, buck and ball and cartridge cases being sold by him would be a boon.

Sinthepie

• Undead Slayer
  • A push is all it takes.
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2022, 05:28:49 PM »
Hello, I understand that the Drain is all full of waste and trash anyway but it would be great to have a trash barrel near the herbalism cauldrons. People seem to be dropping the new crafting satchels all over the place.

Raedwylf

• New to the Mists
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2022, 07:28:18 PM »
Also, while we're talking about the Drain. When you leave through the main door with the Caliban guard, it says as if someone were looking from inside the drain to let you in. Even though you're going out. Would be cool if it had a different exit blurb.

Vallaki Justice

• Undead Master
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2022, 12:48:01 AM »
Could a single cell or two be added to the Gendarmerie jail that is meant for nobles and gentry?  I imagine they'd have their own special place they would be brought to in case they were arrested, where they had much more lavish treatment than the poors.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2022, 05:20:11 AM »
Trapper's Bags useable on Fur Trading bench in the Vallaki Vistani encampment.
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

Hospice Faction Information Here!

Rakiov

• New to the Mists
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2022, 05:53:17 PM »
I would like a system where we as players can list off what we seek for our characters in an event that DMs can only see and use to possibly involve more characters, giving them more insight on what we want out of our characters.

i.e.

I could list in my requests that I want my character to be challenged with his religion and possibly turn into a Blackguard if he was a Paladin. A DM can see that and craft a plot around that and involve me.

Cyber Viking

• Undead Master
  • Discord: Cyber Viking#6572
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2022, 06:05:17 PM »
This is more for the DMs rather than the players.

An opt in System.
On character creation a list of what you are comfortable to experience while playing your character appears.

Players just pick yes or no to the following experiences that can happen to your character:
Uncontested Closure by DM: (Yes / No)
Discussed Closure by DM: (Yes / No)
Murder: (Yes / No)
Torture: (Yes / No)
Public Humiliation: (Yes / No)
Permanent Physical changes: (Yes / No)
Permanent Mental changes:  (Yes / No)
Permanent Alignment changes: (Yes / No)
Permanent Stat / Mechanical changes: (Yes / No)

DMs can examine characters with their DM examine.
It needs to be a Yes or No system as ones persons limit may be different to another so its all in or all out.

Somethings could be added to the list or somethings removed but I think this would help when it comes to DMs wanting to run events and would stop or heavily mitigate arguments or uncomfortable players.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:36:37 AM by Cyber Viking »

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2022, 08:41:06 AM »

An opt in System.
On character creation a list of what you are comfortable to experience while playing your character appears.

Players just pick yes or no to the following experiences that can happen to your character:

It needs to be a Yes or No system as ones persons limit may be different to another so its all in or all out.

Somethings could be added to the list or somethings removed but I think this would help when it comes to DMs wanting to run events and would stop or heavily mitigate arguments or uncomfortable players.

If a player isn't willing to accept DM consequences for their IC actions, they shouldn't be playing IMO.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »

An opt in System.

We have a 'terms and conditions' if you like, and it's here: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=32150.0. By playing, you have agreed to the T&C. DMs do state the risk level in their plot announcements already, so again - if you're participating, you've agreed to the Ts and Cs.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2022, 03:09:03 PM »
The the above were true and people read the rules on the forum and accepted them why are there the following threads below?

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170.msg49106#msg49106

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=60851.msg715112#msg715112

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=26843.0

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=32291.msg399049#msg399049

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=15215.0

The rules are the same whether you've read them or not. By playing, you have agreed to them. You can read them here on the forum, or in the in-game journal, so there's no reason not to have. If a player has questions, they can ask - as they have done in those threads you collated. Recently the wording of some rules was updated to be clearer/more comprehendable.

It's okay for players to have limits, we all have boundaries we don't want crossed - we already have rules for what to do if roleplay goes wrong.

What your traffic light system proposes is that, actually, we give players a way to exempt themselves from consequences, which is not the way to go about it. Our philosophy is to encourage dialogue and collaboration. As I've outlined, the DM Team takes steps to outline the stakes of involving yourself in a DM plot, and misconceptions are easily cleared up through dialogue.

Madame Trousers Son

• Gendarmerie
  • Dark Power
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2022, 03:19:32 PM »
A ring that gives Light, Medium & Heavy Armour proficiency for crafters, so that they can customise such items without having to resort to a model.

Obviously such a ring should come with heavy penalties to discourage people from using it outside this purpose, e.g. 100% ASF, -10 CON, etc., along with a warning in the ring's decription that using this ring to don armour and then removing the ring counts as an exploit and may result in banning, etc.
"The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs."

- Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

bloodless

• Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
A ring that gives Light, Medium & Heavy Armour proficiency for crafters, so that they can customise such items without having to resort to a model.

Obviously such a ring should come with heavy penalties to discourage people from using it outside this purpose, e.g. 100% ASF, -10 CON, etc., along with a warning in the ring's decription that using this ring to don armour and then removing the ring counts as an exploit and may result in banning, etc.
Shield too, maybe. But this is a really neat idea imo.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2022, 08:53:29 PM »

That's, as you mentioned, too prone to abuse, and we won't add more potential exploits.

DaloLorn

• Undead Master
  • Incorrigible Altoholic
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2022, 03:41:43 AM »
Could add enforcement to the item unequip hook.
European RPer, never available past 22:00 CET. Available on Discord, as Dalo Lorn#0171. Has too many characters to list.

Cast of Characters

Day Old Bread

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2022, 03:41:59 PM »
Please change the emote for falls/fall/falling so that it requires "falls forward" or "falls backwards"  So we can all stop falling when our eyes fall to the floor.

Famous Seamus

• Dark Lord
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2022, 01:57:07 AM »
Just spitballing here, and sorry if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to add the relevant proficiency stats to the darts sold in inns such that they can be equipped and thrown by all classes?

I get the rationale behind them being the way they are, but it seems strange that, say, a wizard wouldn't have the physical capacity or "training" to toss a small dart at a board. It isn't quite the same thing as hurling a war dart. The former requires essentially no training beyond a few practice throws, while the latter is an instrument of war that--while being similar on principle--would require more, real training to be effective with.

As it stands, the darts do still have a damage die. If the concern is that classes that otherwise couldn't use darts would use the inn darts as an exploit, could these darts be given the "no damage" attribute or some sort of baked-in damage malus to negate the die?

remnar

• Dark Lord
  • kill, corpsehide, girlboss
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2022, 02:09:27 AM »
Just spitballing here, and sorry if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to add the relevant proficiency stats to the darts sold in inns such that they can be equipped and thrown by all classes?

I get the rationale behind them being the way they are, but it seems strange that, say, a wizard wouldn't have the physical capacity or "training" to toss a small dart at a board. It isn't quite the same thing as hurling a war dart. The former requires essentially no training beyond a few practice throws, while the latter is an instrument of war that--while being similar on principle--would require more, real training to be effective with.

As it stands, the darts do still have a damage die. If the concern is that classes that otherwise couldn't use darts would use the inn darts as an exploit, could these darts be given the "no damage" attribute or some sort of baked-in damage malus to negate the die?

a weapon can't have its own proficiency, since you need the proficiency to equip the weapon
it would require an item of some kind that isnt the weapon

Read my guide: https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=62555.0
and come to my clinic in Vallaki!

bloodless

• Dark Power
  • ?
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2022, 03:19:56 AM »
You can probably make a custom dart thing that has simple prof in its reqs and no damage property. (Or Wizard, Monk, etc)

Dardonas

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2022, 06:40:13 PM »
Can we make it so that skeleton knuckles are a low tier alchemy reagent for lesser negative varnishes with a similar DC to fire beetle mandibles?  As of right now, the only low tier reagents that are consistently able to be obtained are fire beetle mandibles.  While shadow residue is abundant, it is not exactly starter-grade, the DC is substantially higher for most people who start alchemy off with a +3 or a +4 modifier.

Maragrouf

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2022, 10:40:17 AM »
Can we make it so that skeleton knuckles are a low tier alchemy reagent for lesser negative varnishes with a similar DC to fire beetle mandibles?  As of right now, the only low tier reagents that are consistently able to be obtained are fire beetle mandibles.  While shadow residue is abundant, it is not exactly starter-grade, the DC is substantially higher for most people who start alchemy off with a +3 or a +4 modifier.

Isn't Ghoul Flesh the low tier reagent for negative varnishes?

Dardonas

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2022, 01:33:53 PM »

Isn't Ghoul Flesh the low tier reagent for negative varnishes?

Considering it takes 3 ghoul flesh and they each weigh 3.3 pounds, nobody uses it.

Sinthepie

• Undead Slayer
  • A push is all it takes.
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2022, 09:36:48 PM »
It would be great if we could use umbrellas in the offhand too, since it looks awkward with some items that one might want to use in the main hand, such as a cane.