Author Topic: Jjuju Zombie Champions with AoO, even though I have spring attack.  (Read 636 times)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
The Juju Zombie Champions on the Vestibule gain an Attack of Opportunity, even though i have Spring attack.

Is that normal?
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
Re: Jjuju Zombie Champions with AoO, even though I have spring attack.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 06:53:42 PM »
Depends on what they were getting it from. If it was from movement, then no, otherwise, spring attack only provides protection against movement-AoO. If it was triggered by movement, this should be reported to Beamdog, not much the potm devs will be able to do there.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 10:26:18 PM »
Depends on what they were getting it from. If it was from movement, then no, otherwise, spring attack only provides protection against movement-AoO. If it was triggered by movement, this should be reported to Beamdog, not much the potm devs will be able to do there.

Yeah. It was from movement. Wasn't from archery or casting. My Fighter triggered that.

Sloan

• Outlander
  • head empty, bags full
    • my carrd
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 05:19:10 PM »
If you're not actively in combat, Spring Attack does nothing. This includes if you haven't yet attacked an enemy, or if you are fighting but have moved around too much etc. and failed to attack for a round, in which case NWN stops considering your character as being in combat. This is a problem I've noted often on my Weapon Master.

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »
If you're not actively in combat, Spring Attack does nothing. This includes if you haven't yet attacked an enemy, or if you are fighting but have moved around too much etc. and failed to attack for a round, in which case NWN stops considering your character as being in combat. This is a problem I've noted often on my Weapon Master.

That is the case. I disengaged to run and didn't engage in another enemy. Then... the problem is with beamdog, not here. Damn.